What do you want to rant about today?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When you go to the doctors for a and they say “do you have any ideas” in regards to what treatment they give. I’ve found it’s usually to do with mental health issues and their only plan (anti depressants) has failed.
I don’t know lady, I’m not a doctor! This is why I came to you! Argh!!!
I was once asked what medication I wanted. I said something different and was told there was nothing! Why ask?

Chat bots. Trying to find out why my bank card (it has enough money on it) is getting declined. The chat bot doesn't understand what I mean.

Reactions: 5
Every time I look at my passwords on my iPad, there are lists of security recommendations to change them on various sites because of data leaks, all well known companies with supposedly strong security. There are 21 today and last time it took me hours to do, all the same companies. What’s the point? How can banks have repeated “data leaks”? Who got sacked last time? It’s a joke, who’s got time for this crap.

Reactions: 7
The USA and gun selling shenanigans. :(

Those poor kids. Sounds like they hopefully have some family close around them - Aunts and cousins running the GoFundMe. Tragic and I most certainly agree that he died of a broken heart.

Reactions: 1
My husband is an arse sometimes.

Just now we were going out to the chest freezer in the garage to freeze some pizza dough balls. I said grab a bag for life as it will be better they are all in 1 place rather than loose.

I go to the freezer and start making space for the bag of balls.

He comes out with all the balls in his arms no bag.

Me: I need a bag I can't put them in loose

Husband: I couldn't find one

Me: in the bag of bags

Husband: I could only see big bags (meaning the strong bags for life that cost a couple of quid not the 10p ones)

Me: FFS I will do it myself (goes inside, goes to bag of bags and finds a normal bag for life inside the big bags and is back outside in less than 30 seconds)

Me: There were loads of them you obviously didn't even look

Husband: I couldn't see them

Me: did you even open the bag to look?

Husband: I couldn't I had my arms full of balls of dough...

WHY ARE MEN SO bleeping STUPID

Looks first with your hands free then fill the bag with the balls you bleeping cretin

And he won't apologise for wasting my time having to go back and get the bag which was a simple task as a 41 year old man he should be capable of doing

• Haha
Reactions: 23
My husband is an arse sometimes.

WHY ARE MEN SO bleeping STUPID
I feel your pain. I'm sick and tired of buying food for my husband and (apparently) adult son, which then gets left in the fridge to rot, because they "didn't know it was there".
If it's not literally right in front of their face, at eye level, they just don't think to look for it. I've just found chicken, bacon and two curry ready meals tonight, all of which have to thrown away 😡😡
It's not like we even have a massive fridge! They're either too lazy to look properly, or they're just incredibly dim 🙄

Reactions: 14
Started a new job 6 weeks ago, part time, but due to staff sickness got loads of overtime in. Missed the cutoff for first payday so was expecting a nice chunk today... Nah! From what I can tell, just my basic pay for May. Can't access my pay slip as I haven't been given login details of online payroll and can't query it as I work in a school and there's no one there this week. Gutted!

Reactions: 2
Started a new job 6 weeks ago, part time, but due to staff sickness got loads of overtime in. Missed the cutoff for first payday so was expecting a nice chunk today... Nah! From what I can tell, just my basic pay for May. Can't access my pay slip as I haven't been given login details of online payroll and can't query it as I work in a school and there's no one there this week. Gutted!
Not sure if this helps but in the school I work at you get your basic pay unless you fill in a form for overtime.

When your pacel is left in full view of everyone. Thankfully upstairs neigbour came in and knocked on my door.

So we have been living with my MIL since last July, we are waiting on a new build house, all our furniture and possessions have been in a storage container since last summer. Went there today to get the cot for my six month old who is too big for the crib and all of our stuff is mouldy. Can’t see the full extent of the damage but we have had to take the cot, a bed, some tables and chairs etc to the skip. I can see mould on the sofa cushions. Not sure how the stuff in boxes has fared, we won’t know til move day when we can unpack everything. We have insurance but it doesn’t cover mould?! Been paying for this container and insurance when we may as well have left everything under a tarp. It’s all well and good trying to cheaply replace everything but we can’t really afford to and it’s stuff we have collected over years 😢

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
So we have been living with my MIL since last July, we are waiting on a new build house, all our furniture and possessions have been in a storage container since last summer. Went there today to get the cot for my six month old who is too big for the crib and all of our stuff is mouldy. Can’t see the full extent of the damage but we have had to take the cot, a bed, some tables and chairs etc to the skip. I can see mould on the sofa cushions. Not sure how the stuff in boxes has fared, we won’t know til move day when we can unpack everything. We have insurance but it doesn’t cover mould?! Been paying for this container and insurance when we may as well have left everything under a tarp. It’s all well and good trying to cheaply replace everything but we can’t really afford to and it’s stuff we have collected over years 😢
So sorry to hear this. it happened to me once. in a council garage what wasn't mouldy was eaten by mice

Go on FB to see if you have a reuse group or community group and explain there and you will be inundated with lots of things to start over again.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Not sure if this helps but in the school I work at you get your basic pay unless you fill in a form for overtime.
Yeah I've filled in 2 forms, one for the weeks overtime I did at the end of April and one for May, totaling about 30 hours so a fair bit 😕 as I can't see my payslip I've got no way of knowing if it was paid and I've just been taxed it at emergency rate or if I wasn't paid it in the first place.

Yeah I've filled in 2 forms, one for the weeks overtime I did at the end of April and one for May, totaling about 30 hours so a fair bit 😕 as I can't see my payslip I've got no way of knowing if it was paid and I've just been taxed it at emergency rate or if I wasn't paid it in the first place.
I didn't work in a school, but I once worked somewhere where it took about 6-8 weeks to get paid for overtime. It will probably be on your payslip in june

I didn't work in a school, but I once worked somewhere where it took about 6-8 weeks to get paid for overtime. It will probably be on your payslip in june
I hope so, I've only got a temporary contract till August so they better pay up soon 🤣 I've been self employed for the last 10 years so this is all new to me!

The none stop torrential rain is annoying me this week. It’s more like October half term than May.

Reactions: 5
Arrrrgh. I have food allergies (mainly nuts) and so I have a limited number of safe brands I go to, such as for greek yogurt. Too often products gets an allergy update and new "may contain"s that weren't there before 🤬 I was craving a certain favourite yoghurt all day, went to go buy it and now I've not been able to because it now may contain nuts. This happens too often. Great that they label it of course, but I am tired of the limited number of safe products being reduced. Nuts can eff off.

• Heart
Like many of you...my husband.
duck sake. How hard is it to put a plate in a dishwasher? Or put the empty loo roll in the bin? Or put dirty socks in a washing machine?

He's booked the week off work and I swear to God, he's doing it to wind me up. He's sat on his arse watching tit on TV, whilst I'm picking up freddo wrappers because he's too lazy to put it them the bin himself.

His response 'Im on holiday'

Well it ends today because guess who else is on holiday? Yes, me!

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
Like many of you...my husband.
duck sake. How hard is it to put a plate in a dishwasher? Or put the empty loo roll in the bin? Or put dirty socks in a washing machine?

He's booked the week off work and I swear to God, he's doing it to wind me up. He's sat on his arse watching tit on TV, whilst I'm picking up freddo wrappers because he's too lazy to put it them the bin himself.

His response 'Im on holiday'

Well it ends today because guess who else is on holiday? Yes, me!
That's extremely annoying. I also find that it's either "I'm on holiday' or ' I'm relaxing after working all day", basically no time is ever good to tidy up after yourself

Reactions: 6
Sunburn … why do I always manage to miss a patch of skin when applying my spf !?!?! I now have one burnt shoulder blade after todays hike 🙄

I am part of a Charity committee and I was nominated back in as President after a two year stint a few years back, but now the powers that be decided that any office bearers have to do a training course. I worked my backside off on the course for about a month before submitting it ahead of taking the Presidency back on. It was sent back to me within quarter of an hour of Emailing it away and it was torn to bits.

"In a word - tit" was one comment. "Did you write this while you were pissed?" was another. If I take something on I throw my heart into it and give it my all, so that hurt, especially when I was President in the past and the Charity was in the best place it had been in for years (not tooting my own horn there - it is just how I work) It is close to folding because of all the Covid lockdowns and all that and my plan outlined in the course - which I was nominated for by the guy who has ripped my work to shreds - was to recover the Charity post Covid. It was compared to "Something you would find coming out of the back end of a dog"

I worked with the guy and made changes but I soon realised that he has a view of how the Charity should be working and wanted to change my ideas into his and let me be the scapegoat when it backfired. I took great pride this evening in picking up the phone and withdrawing from the nomination. I love the Charity but it isn't worth the hassle. Sadly by default now it means he will come in as President so I hate to think where the Charity is heading.

Sorry Tattlers, rant over.

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.