What do you want to rant about today? #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My sibling. Moans about EVERYTHING and expects me to sympathise. It’s a daily occurrence now and if I try and offer a solution she’s not interested. I’ve been through an incredibly stressful time the past couple of years and was shot down on the odd occasion I needed to vent. She honestly needs to STFU 🤬

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I ordered a takeaway (I'm lazy okay) at 4.30. Deliveroo have just updated the delivery time to 6pm!!

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
no offence but what do you expect everyone to do? Downsize to some poky little flat just so some family can move in. These people have probably worked hard and paid the mortgage so they can own the home they wish to live in. I do see your point and house and rental prices are shocking and appallingly prohibitive but not quite sure why this would provoke a rant
---

i had fraud on my debit card - dont know how it happened. I only use my card in reputable places like Marks & Spencer, Boots, TFL, local big chain supermarkets etc. NEVER use ATMs that are not inside the bank during working hours, never online shop don't online or phone bank, etc. cannot see how they got my details
I bought some appliances through Boots and had trouble ever after which led me to believe they must have sold my details.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
That's really tough, I'm so sorry you're going through this. I know it must feel like the end of the world but you really need to know (and hear) that everything is going to be okay.

If you haven't seen anyone (GP) yet, I would suggest you do so and see if there is a medication that might be able to help. Counselling would also be a good thing to do alongside medication. Once you've taken the first steps with those things, would you consider asking your partner for another chance - even if you take it slowly (don't live together at first)? If he says no outright, then he's not the one for you - if he truly loves you then he'll see and appreciate all the work you're doing. Don't beg though - he either wants to give it another go or not; if he mucks you around then move on and forget about him - you'll be FAR happier in the end, trust me!
---
GP have always been useless, unfortunately, but I'm trying a new medication for my pain and going to have my implant out soon and see if it makes any difference being off bc.
I'm just going to try to be by myself, he knows I still want us to be together and it seems like he doesn't so I'd sooner accept that and not get hurt again or prolong it in any way. It's also my uni finals and the worst timing ever.

Thank you. 🥰

Reactions: 2
My daughter has been at nursery ONE week and her sun hat has been lost. I labelled it so hopefully it’s on her coat hook in the classroom. It was a hand me down really cute Cath Kidston strawberry hat ☹

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I bought some appliances through Boots and had trouble ever after which led me to believe they must have sold my details.
luckily I didnt mean to put Boots. I haven't shopped there in years. it was just at the top of my head for some reason/ What i noticed in my account was I changed my card and it still happened. again which is why i suspect someone at my bank/HSBC. I had someone trying a ludicrous string of obvious fraud setting up a number of Netflix Columbia accounts/charges many in the same day and another string a few days later. CLEARLY this wasn't me. I find it particularly hilarious because that didnt get stopped but somettimes when I try to spend my own money my card has been blocked, For example when i got a job a few years ago so could afford theatre and gig tickets etc etc. I had been unemployed for ages before then and it was a lovely chance for me to be able to live again.. it would be clear to anyone with a brain if payments had gone infrom DWPand then you started to get paid by fake company name say Smith and Co a great deal more once a month that you had got a bloody job

luckily I didnt mean to put Boots. I haven't shopped there in years. it was just at the top of my head for some reason/ What i noticed in my account was I changed my card and it still happened. again which is why i suspect someone at my bank/HSBC. I had someone trying a ludicrous string of obvious fraud setting up a number of Netflix Columbia accounts/charges many in the same day and another string a few days later. CLEARLY this wasn't me. I find it particularly hilarious because that didnt get stopped but somettimes when I try to spend my own money my card has been blocked, For example when i got a job a few years ago so could afford theatre and gig tickets etc etc. I had been unemployed for ages before then and it was a lovely chance for me to be able to live again.. it would be clear to anyone with a brain if payments had gone infrom DWPand then you started to get paid by fake company name say Smith and Co a great deal more once a month that you had got a bloody job
A friend did telephone banking and had her account cleaned out by a bank worker when she was widowed.
She has gone back to basics with everything now. Can't say I blame her as when I got hacked I was advised to ring America to sort it out with Microsoft 🤷🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 4
My friend is soo annoying. She has a nice house they’re going away in their caravan ( which is also new and nice!!!) this weekend and she said she really doesn’t wanna go cos she has to pack. And she’s just such a downer all the time !?? When she shouldn’t be.
God I’d love a weekend away in the caravan. She’s got a three story house and her bf has done it all up and she just moans all the time. First world problems or what 😤😤.

Reactions: 8
My friend is soo annoying. She has a nice house they’re going away in their caravan ( which is also new and nice!!!) this weekend and she said she really doesn’t wanna go cos she has to pack. And she’s just such a downer all the time !?? When she shouldn’t be.
God I’d love a weekend away in the caravan. She’s got a three story house and her bf has done it all up and she just moans all the time. First world problems or what 😤😤.
Guess the saying is true money doesn't make you happy

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
OH has just ordered some tools and stuff for a shed he’s putting up in garden; nothing large but various items he needs.
We’re out Saturday.
He’s out Sunday, but I’m in so I said it’s fine, ask them to deliver then, it’s just a bit of a pain that delivery is any time between 7 and 5, which means I’ll get up early in case it arrives early, and Sunday would be the only chance of a bit of a lie in.
He offered to go and pick the stuff up, but thinking to save him the journey I say no, it’s fine.
And I meant it; it’s not that big a deal.
After he places the order, he tells me that he has to go to the store over the weekend anyway to pick up some stuff he’d already ordered 😡
He doesn’t get why I’m annoyed and keeps saying that he did offer to go and pick the latest order up.
I keep explaining that I was trying to save him a journey but that if he’d said at the time that he was going there anyway then I’d have said ok.
I don’t really care that I have to see the bloody delivery in, I just feel like i’m going mad sometimes when he does stuff like this and doesn’t understand that most people would have given the full picture i.e: I’ve got to go there anyway so I’ll pick it up.
I know this all sounds stupid but I just feel like I’ve had such a gut full of everything lately and this has made me want to cry - it’s just basic communication isn’t it?? Or is it me?!

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
OH has just ordered some tools and stuff for a shed he’s putting up in garden; nothing large but various items he needs.
We’re out Saturday.
He’s out Sunday, but I I’m, so I said it’s fine, ask them to deliver then, it’s just a bit of a pain that delivery is any time between 7 and 5, which means I’ll get up early in case it arrives early, and Sunday would be the only chance of a bit of a lie in.
He offered to go and pick the stuff up, but thinking to save him the journey I say no, it’s fine.
And I meant it; it’s not that big a deal.
After he places the order, he tells me that he has to go to the store over the weekend anyway to pick up some stuff he’d already ordered 😡
He doesn’t get why I’m annoyed and keeps saying that he did offer to go and pick the latest order up.
I keep explaining that I was trying to save him a journey but that if he’d said at the time that he was going there anyway then I’d have said ok.
I don’t really care that I have to see the bloody delivery in, I just feel like i’m going mad sometimes when he does stuff like this and doesn’t understand that most people would have given the full picture i.e: I’ve got to go there anyway so I’ll pick it up.
I know this all sounds stupid but I just feel like I’ve had such a gut full of everything lately and this has made me want to cry - it’s just basic communication isn’t it?? Or is it me?!
Meh do not think like us. It’s not stupid that you’re annoyed

Reactions: 5
I have someone on Facebook who complains about EVERYTHING. Like several moany posts a day. She recently had a baby and now her posts are always about how difficult the baby is and how nobody knows how bad it is and how she’s absolutely fed up. Because obviously nobody in the world has had a difficult baby before 🙄 I had one myself but didn’t moan about her on Facebook every bastard day. I’m not stupid and I know PND could be a factor but why post online about it constantly.
I should probably just mute her posts 😂

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I feel like I'm really stuck in a rut at the moment. Doing the same thing day in day out. Get up, walk the dog, go to work, cook dinner, get in bed. Even on a day off it's all very much the same, get up, do the chores/food shop/study. I'm not enjoying anything, I have nothing to look forward to. I also don't have the spare cash lying around to book a holiday or a short break to give me something to look forward to. It just feels like groundhog day. I'm working to pay my bills and have little leftover for enjoyment. Go to work to pay for a house which you don't spend much time in because you're always at work and rinse and repeat.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Voter id.

Having heard about the changes months ago, and alteady having a driving licence AND passport i trotted off to the polling station. Showed my driving license and voted.
I asked if they'd had any issues due to the rule change. No. Everyone brought valid id. We turned no one away...

Cue social media moaners... theres probably been some genuine cockups but some of these ppl were just moaning for moanings sake.
One person moaning because they look totally different to their photo and couldnt possibly cope with the stress so didnt vote... do you not go on holiday? If you get pulled over would you die over showing your ID?
obviously someone who was trans gender, trans address, and clearly sans thought that NO ONE CARES when the polling attendant looked at the picture, and handed their slip over. "But i could be anyone" 🙄
People who "applied for" id and it didnt show up...

The tories have done it to duck us over BUT theres enough time to rectify whatever issues there are before the general election so just stop moaning!!!
I was genuinely shocked, living in what is usually the most ignorant, backward thinking town that quite late on in the evening when asked they had 0 issues. I just think some ppl create their own drama

Reactions: 3
I have someone on Facebook who complains about EVERYTHING. Like several moany posts a day. She recently had a baby and now her posts are always about how difficult the baby is and how nobody knows how bad it is and how she’s absolutely fed up. Because obviously nobody in the world has had a difficult baby before 🙄 I had one myself but didn’t moan about her on Facebook every bastard day. I’m not stupid and I know PND could be a factor but why post online about it constantly.
I should probably just mute her posts 😂
I have unfollowed so many people on fb. Not unfriend them but so I don’t see their posts. Can’t be assed with people like that.
---
I feel like I'm really stuck in a rut at the moment. Doing the same thing day in day out. Get up, walk the dog, go to work, cook dinner, get in bed. Even on a day off it's all very much the same, get up, do the chores/food shop/study. I'm not enjoying anything, I have nothing to look forward to. I also don't have the spare cash lying around to book a holiday or a short break to give me something to look forward to. It just feels like groundhog day. I'm working to pay my bills and have little leftover for enjoyment. Go to work to pay for a house which you don't spend much time in because you're always at work and rinse and repeat.
Is there anything you like doing. Can you do a cheap hobby or do something at home ?

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I have a friend who is so politically correct/patronising. He sent a video of a man with an extremely strong southern (American) accent, so I said “Lol he got that r*dneck drawl” and my friend has now I am a racist and gave me a lecture about how racist it was to say that and things are very awkward now💀 I feel terrible that I said it but I had no intention to be racist. Lesson learned I guess.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.