What do you want to rant about today? #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In the supermarket, when the conveyer is rammed as it’s busy and the person at the till keeps putting the separator thing next to them and not pushing it down for people who aren’t next in line… why do they hog them all right at the till?

Reactions: 7
Lidl - 2 checkouts never manned. You have to go to the self service checkouts. There are 13. . how many are working? FIVE. what is everyone in my town doing on a Bank Holiday? wandering round the shops like they have nothing better to do with their time. What I am doing? catching up on work off the paid clock and trying to nip into Lidl because my conditioner has run out and I can't afford it anywhere else.. Oh what fun

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I gifted a friend's daughter something that I had which I wasn't using and she had a need for.

Was disappointed and a bit angry in all honesty, to find out that she sold it for hundreds of dollars.

Sure, I should have told her if she didn't want it anymore to return it to me, but it still feels wrong.
---
Took the dog for a walk yesterday. No poo bins so had to bring poo home with us. I left the bag in my car. My car smells like dog tit 🤢😡
Pour baking soda into a few deep lids / small bowls, and position them throughout your car, uncovered ... the baking soda will absorb the smell.

Just make sure that you remove the lids / bowls before you drive away, because vacuuming that stuff up can take foreeeeeever.
---
The day after and I still feel tit. I loved him so much and I feel like my future has been snatched away from me.
But then he dumped me because I have been struggling with PMDD and he can't handle my mood swings. Kinda don't blame him but he also blamed my hormones on me instead of recognising it as a genuine problem that I struggle with myself. He was nice enough about it but we went from moving in together and starting a family to nothing.

Idk, I just feel really down right now. I'm trying to keep my mind busy but it keeps wandering back to him.
That's really tough, I'm so sorry you're going through this. I know it must feel like the end of the world but you really need to know (and hear) that everything is going to be okay.

If you haven't seen anyone (GP) yet, I would suggest you do so and see if there is a medication that might be able to help. Counselling would also be a good thing to do alongside medication. Once you've taken the first steps with those things, would you consider asking your partner for another chance - even if you take it slowly (don't live together at first)? If he says no outright, then he's not the one for you - if he truly loves you then he'll see and appreciate all the work you're doing. Don't beg though - he either wants to give it another go or not; if he mucks you around then move on and forget about him - you'll be FAR happier in the end, trust me!
---
I’ve been at a low point for the past couple of weeks and I’ve been trying to reach out and talk to my friends about it and nobody wants to know. I’m so tired of the response “aw, I hope you feel better soon”. I wish at least one of them cared enough to check in on me. I know there are helplines and places I can go but I just want someone to show some concern and care about what happens to me
WE care about you. It's a shame the messaging feature has been turned off here, but honestly - post anytime and I'm sure you'll get a heap of support from like-minded people on here.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Perfectly stated!

GP surgeries here in NZ are so woeful ... at my local, you have to book in for a phone consult (at the cost of $65) first; if it's something the doctor then needs to see you in person for, that's another $65. Trying to see the doctor without the phone consult first - for something like an injured foot - is an impossibility - which is just ridiculous. No wonder people are turning up to hospitals - where treatment is free (for residents) - and clogging up the EDs.
That's nuts! How does everyone afford it? I guess I'd just have to die, as someone without the funds.

I can't get over how Australia, NZ and Canada reacted to Covid. Very scary, and very dystopian indeed.

Reactions: 4
Men in women's fitting rooms.

I went into Next yesterday to try on some trousers. I could hear a male voice outside my cubicle. After getting dressed, I pulled the curtain aside to walk out and there was a man standing there. I assume he was simply waiting for his wife in the cubicle next to me but it made me feel really uncomfortable. This isn't the first time this has happened to me and I was equally uncomfortable last time (a couple of weeks ago I was trying something on and a woman brought her husband in so she coukd show him outfits).

Nobody else seemed to mind and the lady monitoring the fitting rooms had allowed it, so I'm going to assume this is normal these days. I stood there for a bit wondering whether to say something to a staff member but I didnt.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

I went into Next yesterday to try on some trousers. I could hear a male voice outside my cubicle. After getting dressed, I pulled the curtain aside to walk out and there was a man standing there. I assume he was simply waiting for his wife in the cubicle next to me but it made me feel really uncomfortable. This isn't the first time this has happened to me and I was equally uncomfortable last time (a couple of weeks ago I was trying something on and a woman brought her husband in so she coukd show him outfits).

Nobody else seemed to mind and the lady monitoring the fitting rooms had allowed it, so I'm going to assume this is normal these days. I stood there for a bit wondering whether to say something to a staff member but I didnt.
Hmmmmm I don’t agree with it either. I would also be uncomfortable with that.

Reactions: 10
Yesterday when I was at work my partner finally sorted the drive way out where he was dumping broken car parts off cars hes been fixing. Think oh lovely something finally done get in the house hes lent against our white wall in hallway. Hes tried to wash/cover it but I've spotted straight away. Phone to ask whats happened to the wall hes says it been like that for a while no it bloody hasn't. Guess who will have to repaint the bloody walls me!!!

Reactions: 1

This 👆🏼 I had it last weekend and queried if it was mixed dressing rooms and they said yes. In theory I’d have no issues if they had DOORS! But it’s bleeping curtains and I don’t was some bloke seeing my white arse and hairy bush

• Haha
Reactions: 15
It’s tit that toilets and changing rooms are becoming more mixed. I agree, if that’s the case then the cubicles need to have a floor to ceiling door at least.

Reactions: 11
Stupid people at work that thinking doing the bare minimum is good enough. especially when they are a bleeping supervisor getting paid more money than me pull your finger out your bleeping arse instead of giving evils when anyone does anything . Already had a member of staff cry on me today because of her lack of anything. She's thick as tit a few weeks ago she asked me do you count the notes in the till when she's cashing the till well yes that's your bleeping takings. Sorry for the swearing I have her in charge tomorrow can't wait for the stupid questions I get.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
In the supermarket, when the conveyer is rammed as it’s busy and the person at the till keeps putting the separator thing next to them and not pushing it down for people who aren’t next in line… why do they hog them all right at the till?
This has reminded me of when you're unpacking your items on the conveyor. The next person behind you randomly decides where you're shopping will finish, puts a divider down and starts unpacking their shopping.
I don't get what the rush is, they ain't getting checked out before me anyway!

During covid I asked a woman not to do it as she was closer to me than I'd been to my mum in months and she looked like I'd slapped her 🤨

• Wow
Reactions: 10
People using the tube as an extension of your office. If you need your laptop up and you need to take 3 calls from Shazia in 4 mins and then you take a long call with someone else bitching and whining and going on about rotas to the extent the person at the other end had to hang up because they needed to go into a meeting, perhaps leaving the office early and being on a train at 4pm is not the best idea.

Reactions: 11
This has reminded me of when you're unpacking your items on the conveyor. The next person behind you randomly decides where you're shopping will finish, puts a divider down and starts unpacking their shopping.
I don't get what the rush is, they ain't getting checked out before me anyway!

During covid I asked a woman not to do it as she was closer to me than I'd been to my mum in months and she looked like I'd slapped her 🤨
I was in a small shop with my young daughter and we were unloading our basket. It was only a one person till, think little tesco type till, and a bloke came up beside us and started unpacking his instead of queuing behind. I was so thankful the lady behind the till told him to back up and give us some space. He was completely oblivious.

Reactions: 6
Bought a knitting pattern on eBay and it was literally a cut out from a knitting magazine. Just give them away ffs or at the very least throw a plastic pocket on it

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
This 👆🏼 I had it last weekend and queried if it was mixed dressing rooms and they said yes. In theory I’d have no issues if they had DOORS! But it’s bleeping curtains and I don’t was some bloke seeing my white arse and hairy bush
😄😄😄😄😄😂🤣😂😂🤣😂😂🤣😂🤣
I've had the same problem but with young kids too with the father. Luckily they didn't yank my curtain open.
I give Primark kudos for changing their curtains after the incidents with pervs deliberately targeting young girls. They acted really fast. I think other shops should do the same.

Reactions: 2
False eyelashes.

Why? I'm talking about the ones that curl up at the tips. Good god I get the rage when I see grown women with these attached. They're so cheap looking, pure trash.

In my opinion.

Reactions: 3
Fakes, who are so fake they can't even carry it off. In this case a receptionist at a small hotel that I stay in occasionally. All of the staff apart from her, are so lovely that she stands out by a mile.

Last time I was there, I overheard her on the phone at the reception desk, bitching about the shifts she was given. It just comes across badly that a passing customer could hear that clearly, imo. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who heard her either.

Checking out this morning, she broke off mid-sentence from talking to another member of staff, whom I couldn't see, and painted on her fake smile to ask if everything was alright. I said yes, and thanks and she literally shoved a card into my hand telling me 'We are on TripAdvisor, do give us a review' [fake smile] and then was straight back to her conversation with the other person, without drawing breath.

She is not even good at her job. If staying a few nights you can request that the room is serviced. I did that last time and needless to say, the message was never passed to the housekeeping staff. She acts as if everything is a huge imposition rather than a simple, polite request.Ugh 🙄

Still getting debt letters for the previous tenants who havent lived here for nearly 3 years it doesn't seen to matter how many times I send them back not at this address they still send the bloody things

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.