Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Meringue22

VIP Member
My mum. I have supported her and bent over backwards for her for years. I’ve had the worst 3 years of my life and I got absolutely no support or sympathy from her yet my sibling has the tiniest blip and she can’t sympathise enough. I’ve honestly had enough

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

malibu skies

VIP Member
I want to be thin. But I’m hungry. But I want to lose weight. But I want to eat. But I want to buy nice clothes. But I really want a huge pile of food.

• Heart
  • Sad

Avenged7Fold

VIP Member
It was my birthday Saturday. I got a present and card from my husband, and a card from my elderly Aunt.
My son, Dad, Mother in law all ‘forgot’
I did go out for the day with my daughter, but she left my presents at home so I didn’t have to carry them round all day, still don’t have them.
I make sure I send cards to all my relatives, and get their presents to them before their birthday.
Why do I bother and care so much when no one else does 😞

• Sad
  • Heart

CrystalWench

Chatty Member
I’m in pain all over, ex assaulted me a few nights ago by planting his fist into my cheek/jaw, that hurts, the inside of my cheek hurts even eating and brushing my teeth hurts. I’ve also slipped a disc and my back is agony, and to top it all I’ve got an infection in my toe which is most painful of all. I smell of arnica, deep heat and tcp. Just tired of physically hurting.

• Heart
  • Sad

CrystalWench

Chatty Member
Is your ex still in the same property as you? Nobody has the right to do that to you. I don't know your circumstances but this is wrong. My career background has shown me that sometimes it's a situation that people choose to stay in because of the possible outcomes. I'm sending you a hug that doesn't hurt. How I wish we could all still message each other.
He’s left today. After all the threats. We have a child together but I can’t do this anymore, not saying anything incase he snaps. The final straw was that our child told him he was scared of him that evening, he’s now denying that our child said that, basically gaslighting him. I can’t watch that. I’ve never cared about what he did to me, it’s been a long 15 years on and off, but no more now he’s doing that to him.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
It's not about being successful, it's about being happy. Some people learn that too late.
Happiest bloke I know is in a lower level job, has everything he wants in life. A lot less stress and is constantly being offered promotion, more money (and stress) but turns it down cos he is happy as he is. Bosses can't understand why he doesn't want more money 💰. But he knows what's important.
I envy people like that. There is probably nothing more satisfying than being content with what you have.

There is so much pressure these days to be a 'success' or have a 'career'. It's all bollocks. Yes, it's nice to be able to provide for your family but that doesn't mean a top of the range car and two holidays a year.

Thank(space)you

VIP Member
I let my friend use my klarna once & now she keeps using it 😩 she pays off some of it then uses it again. It's not been under £600 for months 😩😭
I don't know how to tell her to pay her shit and stop using it. And yes, I've ranted about it before

• Wow

BearOnChair

My rant is about people who think it's ok to say they would KICK a dog?! Yes, the dog shouldn't run towards you, come near you or bounce over children but as already stated - the problem is with the owner NOT the dog. If a dog has poor recall, then the owner should not let it off lead where other people are. My dogs recall was terrible for a long time (he's brilliant now) so I did the sensible thing and NEVER let him off lead when others were around until he'd been trained to avoid going near anybody other than us. The owner is the problem - they should make the correct decision about when to let their dog off and when not to. Take it up with the owner, don't kick the animal.

I always get a cat come into my house and my garden and it pisses me off - don't own a cat, don't particularly like cats - think they're disgusting horrible things personally but I'm not gonna go round saying I'd kick it though! I'm sure I'd get all the crazy cat lovers go wild at me if I said I would kick a cat.

eta - I appreciate there are circumstances where dogs go into attack mode but some of the examples on here where people have said they'd kick it for coming near you is not one of those.
I don't think anyones said they'd randomly go round booting dogs have they. At the moment a dog is leaping over your children it's the dog that's the issue. A hapless owner isn't going to correct that situation if they've let it happen. A nudge with your foot to move it on isn't a problem. A sharper kick if it's biting your wife like the other poster said is ok in my book because what else are you going to do.

It's the general self centred post COVID attitude that people have developed that's the problem. You've got a dog but many others aren't interested in it so keep it under control and not bothering others and there's no issues.

• Heart

nicalibres

VIP Member
Annual leave is a fucking scam. Came back today after a long weekend to a pile of emails and a huge backlog so any benefit I felt from my few days off was zapped as soon as I logged in this morning!

• Sad

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Sorry, have no idea what you're talking about. Nor do I care.

Although I am amused a post ranting about my in-laws has magically turned into the best debaters the GC community has to offer. You have fun now, you crazy kid 😉
What debate? There’s no debate to be had. He’s not a woman 😂.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

mochibean

VIP Member
I'm heartbroken over a recent breakup and I feel like I can't do anything other than sit and cry. It's so frustrating I just wish I was over it already.

• Heart
  • Sad

Can't Help It

That silly Dylan Mulvaney especially in the sports ad. Honestly is that really what he thinks being a woman entails? Sports bra FFS

• Heart

JoJo76

VIP Member
I am going to go against the thread sorry, I occasionally post here with rants but there isn’t a good day thread.

I had surgery last week and I went to B&Q and Tesco today. It felt bloody wonderful to be out of the house and PJ’s. I’m totally wiped out but buzzing. I have a 2/3 month recovery period so to be out this soon was such a boost. The way I am feeling I might be back to work in 4-6 weeks.

I’ll probably regret this tomorrow and have to rant again, but for now I am buzzing!

• Heart

Meringue22

VIP Member
That's very kind. Unfortunately I am middle aged and never had a successful career. I feel like the black sheep as all my friends and family are far more successful than me, and I genuinely thought this would be something I could do.

I am mortified at the thought of telling people. And the thought of starting again, again. If I get myself a min wage job at least I will have some money coming in, even if i am an embarrassment to them.
I’m middle aged too. And due to a change in circumstances I’m starting again. I’ve never had a successful career either but tbh I don’t care what anyone else thinks of me. You shouldn’t either. Don’t judge your worth on how successful others are. Have a good think about what you want to do next and keep going x

• Heart

tomato_paste

As a dog owner I despise these types of dog owners. No training, no recall, but "oh they're friendly" while their dog is bullying mine and being a general nuisance. They give us all a bad name and it pisses me off.

Be a responsible dog owner and do what is neccessary to protect others AND your dog, ffs!

I trained mine to have perfect recall exactly because I do not want anything to happen to other people, especially children, and I also don't want to have her confiscated and put down because I was a twat and didn't care for her correctly!

There's lots of people who are scared or who just don't want to be bothered by a dog.

Of course there's the other side of the coin too where people's children have run up to my dog on a leash to try and pet her. She doesn't like strangers touching her, so I had to scream at more than one child to get them away from her.

Can we all just practice a bit more curtesy towards each other? I won't let my dog off leash around children but please also teach your children not to touch strangers' dogs?

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Rosie glow

VIP Member
I've said on here before about someone using our drive on the side of our house I've now come home from work to a fucking camper van parked on it 😤😤😤

• Wow
  • Angry

SkinkaareFan

VIP Member
The drama continues.

So, lastnight, my husband found out his grandad has passed away. That's not my rant though. He found out on fucking social media.

So one of his aunties found him and then obviously told her kids. Her kids have then put it all over social media (i mean, one the kids pictures was of his deceased grandad, so fucking disrespectful) without letting other family member know? They had to find out on social media!!

But wait, there's more! My husbands late dad's girlfriend got a phone call letting her know even though he didn't fucking like her!! Yet my husband who is actually family had to find out the way he did.

It's fucking vile. These people are disgusting.

It was the same when his grandma passed away (his dad's side) my MIL and SIL were told before my husband who is actually family?! His mums excuse at the time was... "I've known her longer" I mean.... Maybe so but she's not her fucking family and she should have found out after my husband.

Honestly, I'm just so drained by them, they're so so toxic. Again, I've had this discussion with my husband but he's still grieving his dad and now his grandad and I don't want to keep bringing it up because how much its pissing me off, he's got enough on his plate, so I just needed a rant here.

• Heart
  • Wow
  • Sad

reCAPTCHA

VIP Member
My husband randomly bought me a big bunch of flowers from the local florist yesterday and it’s really pissed me off 😅 I’m aware this makes me an ungrateful bitch, but to be fair I’m not venting anywhere except here.

It annoys me because the effort of taking the flowers out of the packaging, trimming the stems, finding a vase, adding the water and plant food, makes me more pissed off than any joy the bouquet might bring for their shelf-life. I‘m not interested in flowers. And then I’ll get more irritated when they begin to wilt because no fucker in the household will do anything except maybe say “Reckon those flowers are done for.” Really? They’ve been dead for a week 🙄 Oh and no-one will change the water or re-trim them except me either.

I can’t be fucking arsed with any of it. All he’s purchased me is ANOTHER GODDAMN CHORE. And more annoyingly he’s acting proper chuffed with himself like “Well done for me buying unsolicited flowers.” I feel like saying, you fucking unpackage them and do it all then. I’ve left them where they are because I’m spiteful 😅

And what annoys me more is that we share an Amazon account and there’s a wish list a mile long of shit I DO actually want that he could just buy. And now I feel like I can’t buy any of those things I actually lust over because twat-face is throwing £40 we don’t have on a bunch of twatting flowers.

Twat.

[P.S I know I’m being spoilt and irrational, but this is MY first world problem and I’m owning it]

unless you’re going to unpacakage them, trim them, arrange them in a vase, nurture them for their shelf-life, and dispose of them yourself DO NOT FUCKING BUY ME FLOWERS.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Shoequeen91

VIP Member
Rude people on public transport. I’ve gone to London for the weekend and headed back today. People barging my 67 year old Mom who has a walking stick as she isn’t too steady on her legs. I’ve legit turned around and shouted at a 6’3 man and told him to wait his fucking turn. Absolutely despicable.

We all want to get on the train and get a seat. Such a wanker.

• Heart