What do you want to rant about today? #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The price of food (I know there is the Discontent thread where it comes up often but ) WTF.... Cartons of branded orange juice over a fiver, for exanple.

A basket of 5 items I bought earlier (cheese, milk, bread and some fresh berries and some yoghurt) was 10 quid 😮😮 I'm trying to eat healthier but everything is just so high now 🙃 I've already blown my usual food budget this month, and I've really cut down on snacks etc to bring cost down, but it feels futile because everything has gone up.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Lasagne . I have lots of pyrex dishes , long , round square so why is it lasagne sheets never fit them without having to snap a bit of to make them for .

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Lasagne . I have lots of pyrex dishes , long , round square so why is it lasagne sheets never fit them without having to snap a bit of to make them for .
Yes !!!! If someone has found the perfect lasagne dish please show me and I’ll be eternally grateful!

Reactions: 4
I love love love Ireland but sometimes I feel the country’s shortcomings:
- Consumer goods (clothes, furniture, skincare etc) are expensive and quite limited.
- Infrastructure isn’t great (no train / tram / metro to the airport)
- Museums / theaters etc are also quite limited
- Energy price increases are not capped leading to ridiculous bills
- Great scenery but you never get to enjoy it because it’s always rainy or cold

Reactions: 5
Yes !!!! If someone has found the perfect lasagne dish please show me and I’ll be eternally grateful!
I even have a dish that came with lasagne sheets and sauces and it still doesn't fit them without overlapping or breaking 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 17
People who arrive to an intimate appointment unclean. When I say unclean I’m talking about tit. Awful! 🤢🤮

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Got major hangxiety after having too much to drink last night. Actually haven't enjoyed drinking in a while. I don't drink often but might just stop it altogether, ugh

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Do millenials just not know what it's like to actually be genuinely hard up or do they just have an inflated sense of entitlement/are spoilt? That person again on my FB feed - I have mentioned them before in this thread - the one who is always always always begging for money in one way or another.. while posting this is the fancy meal I just made - goats cheese stuffed chicken breasts wrapped in parma ham with asparagus with hm cheesecake with dark chocloate blueberry drizzle. Usually accompanied by wine.

when I was a student and for decades after I have lived on 10p value noodles (when they still were 10p) and it was not unheard of for people i know to buy 2 onions and a bag of potatoes n live off them for a week,

Mind you to be fair his meal photos always look revolting...

Reactions: 10
Do millenials just not know what it's like to actually be genuinely hard up or do they just have an inflated sense of entitlement/are spoilt? That person again on my FB feed - I have mentioned them before in this thread - the one who is always always always begging for money in one way or another.. while posting this is the fancy meal I just made - goats cheese stuffed chicken breasts wrapped in parma ham with asparagus with hm cheesecake with dark chocloate blueberry drizzle. Usually accompanied by wine.

when I was a student and for decades after I have lived on 10p value noodles (when they still were 10p) and it was not unheard of for people i know to buy 2 onions and a bag of potatoes n live off them for a week,

Im a millennial and I remember having absolutely no food as a child. I dont think its generational, I think its how youre brought up. I know a lot of mummy and daddies princesses of varying ages, teens, 20s, 30s EVEN 40s! Who have absolutely no clue how to go on, constantly plead poverty because they only had 1 holiday last year or cant afford to upgrade their car.

I'm from a background of making do unless you REALLY need it, but I'm childfree and in a well paid job, my outgoings are very low too. I found it uncomfortable for years to buy nice things because I could afford them because of the way family and friends would go on.

Reactions: 15

Brutual honesty, I think it depends on your opinion of 'hard up'.
Skint to one person is not going to be the same as skint to someone else. For some it means having no money at all, completely on their arse, for others it's only having £50 leftover as 'fun money'. I think it depends on you as a person

Reactions: 14
Brutual honesty, I think it depends on your opinion of 'hard up'.
Skint to one person is not going to be the same as skint to someone else. For some it means having no money at all, completely on their arse, for others it's only having £50 leftover as 'fun money'. I think it depends on you as a person
good point except this person always mentions worrying about paying rent and having grocery money while still going to the theatre, buying books and a ton of other unnecessary crap.. I've had a good job since last Summer - well in relation to the jobs i usually end up in - after over 2 yrs of being on literally ZERO income and I still don't go to the theatre. I'm going once shortly to something in the West End because my workplace has a deal on staff tickets for a tenner and the last time I went before that was because my boss was ill and gave me his ticket free.

Yes it's all relative but I don't think I would dare t o have the cheek to ask for money while posting things that indicate I am not even helping myself by doing all i can to cut down outgoings and pay for essentials only - not that i ever would beg.. that seems to be a modern trend

Reactions: 7
good point except this person always mentions worrying about paying rent and having grocery money while still going to the theatre, buying books and a ton of other unnecessary crap.. I've had a good job since last Summer - well in relation to the jobs i usually end up in - after over 2 yrs of being on literally ZERO income and I still don't go to the theatre. I'm going once shortly to something in the West End because my workplace has a deal on staff tickets for a tenner and the last time I went before that was because my boss was ill and gave me his ticket free.

Yes it's all relative but I don't think I would dare t o have the cheek to ask for money while posting things that indicate I am not even helping myself by doing all i can to cut down outgoings and pay for essentials only - not that i ever would beg.. that seems to be a modern trend
yeah I wouldn't either but I do know a few people like that. One girl I worked with told me she couldn't afford to buy milk but then next day she posted pictures on instagram of her and her kid at the cinema, not just that but with a full on nacho meal deal that you need to take out a loan to afford. I think some people are just tit with money. I once had a friend told me she couldn't afford her rent, I saw literally the next day and she had booked a trip to bali with her friends. It makes no sense to me and idk how you can live like that but some people either don't care or don't understand.

Reactions: 7
My insurance company sent my car to a repair company 18 months ago and it transpired that they made such a bad job of it that the bolts they bothered to replace (a lot were missing) worked loose and the car was dangerous to drive.
It was booked in to investigate a rattle and it turned out to be a death trap.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
do you say anything? Surely there’s a health risk to you - even with gloves on. 😷
I did as professionally as I could, but I was so pissed off at them turning up like that! She didn’t seem to care at all. I’d die of embarrassment 😳

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I did as professionally as I could, but I was so pissed off at them turning up like that! She didn’t seem to care at all. I’d die of embarrassment 😳
You wouldn't need to because you would have washed in the first place.. I am astounded and sorry you had to put up with that disgusting situation

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.