What do you want to rant about today? #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I went to the launderette this morning and a guy came in and tried to talk to me. I had my earphones in so just smiled. He carried on talking and trying to make conversation about how am I so and so because I look familiar. No. He then went to the shop and came back with loads of sweets and chocolate and tried to get me to have some. I said no and he kept pestering me and said how I remind him of a girl he was in love with and how she turned him down and I was doing the same and breaking his heart. He made me feel SO uncomfortable. I threw all my clothes into the bag once dried without folding them cos I literally wanted to run out.

Why the duck do some men feel they speak to women in such a way and make something as normal as a trip to the launderette so grim? Wtf. It’s made me not want to go alone again.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
I've inadvertently made a freind with another mum on the school run who then complains at me for 30 mins 2x a day about anything and everything and I don't get a word in. Its quite draining to listen to honestly, shes got a real issue with the kids teacher and she is vile about them, shes also vile about a couple of other mums with kids in the same class and I find it quite upsetting to listen to her go on. On the days I dont have to get back home to work I make an excuse im going to the shop and walk another way home so I don't have to listen to it, but I can only do that 1 day a week!! I've tried dropping off at the last minute and getting out of there as quick as possible but she allways catches up with me 🤣🤣 i can't shake her off. She seems to be quite toxic and I don't want to be part of it
Ahh I hate it when this happens, you show kindness or interest once and then it's like they cling to you and you can never not acknowledge them.

I concur with pretending you are in a rush, "can't stop, bye!"

I went to the launderette this morning and a guy came in and tried to talk to me. I had my earphones in so just smiled. He carried on talking and trying to make conversation about how am I so and so because I look familiar. No. He then went to the shop and came back with loads of sweets and chocolate and tried to get me to have some. I said no and he kept pestering me and said how I remind him of a girl he was in love with and how she turned him down and I was doing the same and breaking his heart. He made me feel SO uncomfortable. I threw all my clothes into the bag once dried without folding them cos I literally wanted to run out.

Why the duck do some men feel they speak to women in such a way and make something as normal as a trip to the launderette so grim? Wtf. It’s made me not want to go alone again.
They should learn that if we are not interested, we are not interested! What a creep.

Reactions: 8

Ahh I hate it when this happens, you show kindness or interest once and then it's like they cling to you and you can never not acknowledge them.

I concur with pretending you are in a rush, "can't stop, bye!"

They should learn that if we are not interested, we are not interested! What a creep.
Thing is, I’m bloody pregnant and it is evident my belly is a pregnant belly! He hovered behind me when I was taking the clothes out and it was all my husbands clothes, CK undies! And he still tried to make conversation. He stopped as soon as an older guy came in though.

• Sick
Reactions: 7
When you're walking through the train (I needed the toilet) and there's so many empty seats and so many people sat or stood in the way.

Thing is, I’m bloody pregnant and it is evident my belly is a pregnant belly! He hovered behind me when I was taking the clothes out and it was all my husbands clothes, CK undies! And he still tried to make conversation. He stopped as soon as an older guy came in though.
Gosh, sone of these guys seem to enjoy being creepy 🤢

I am done with older generations randomly ranting to me about their hatred of smartphones/tablets/screens for kids. It is so boring and completely unsolicited conversation.
Was out with my daughter this afternoon for a hot chocolate at the local cafe and an older lady came in and after the usual pleasantries suddenly started ranting. I let her finish then asked if she’d had a busy day…. It’s just so weird, it’s not even as if we had a smartphone or tablet out and even if we did I wouldn’t have needed to hear how she felt about it….

Reactions: 9
I am done with older generations randomly ranting to me about their hatred of smartphones/tablets/screens for kids. It is so boring and completely unsolicited conversation.
Was out with my daughter this afternoon for a hot chocolate at the local cafe and an older lady came in and after the usual pleasantries suddenly started ranting. I let her finish then asked if she’d had a busy day…. It’s just so weird, it’s not even as if we had a smartphone or tablet out and even if we did I wouldn’t have needed to hear how she felt about it….
It’s all so silly. I’m older. I do everything now on my phone that would have needed a rucksack on my commute. Read the news, read books, chat, draw, edit my photos, access databases. All on one device. If I was or my child or grandchild was, reading a book or a newspaper no-one would think to make a judgement

• Heart
It’s all so silly. I’m older. I do everything now on my phone that would have needed a rucksack on my commute. Read the news, read books, chat, draw, edit my photos, access databases. All on one device. If I was or my child or grandchild was, reading a book or a newspaper no-one would think to make a judgement
This is exactly how I feel - my dad *hates* smart phones - he seems to think it’s all games and social media. It’s VERY narrow minded. I studied for my qualification using my phone and my tablet whilst commuting - much easier on my back than the hard copy text books were. But my dad loves flapping his broadsheets about and making assumptions about others so he will never see the benefit of having almost everything you need in one device.

• Heart
Hubby is speaking really loud. I have really sensitive ears and i feel like hes shouting a conversation at me. I cant tell him as he always goes in a massive huff

• Heart
Reactions: 6
My ex husband. For a change. I was fully aware he is tit at DIY but my god the half arsed ‘jobs’ I’ve discovered since I started painting various rooms
as I have to sell. I am meticulous and could’ve cried with frustration today. Stupid prick

• Heart
Hubby is speaking really loud. I have really sensitive ears and i feel like hes shouting a conversation at me. I cant tell him as he always goes in a massive huff
I sympathise. I once said “use your indoor voice” to my husband and he was huffy after that. He’s not deaf but seems to pitch his voice quite loud sometimes when he’s right next to me. He also types really loudly, like he unnecessarily puts a lot of force on the keys and doesn’t realise how loud he’s being. It can be quite annoying :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
My last delivery of the day was in East Grinstead, on the way down I bought fuel because
I was low and I was in urgent need of coffee. Fuel cost £1.56 per litre and the coffee was
FREE! Got down to EG, made the delivery, BP garage £1.42 per litre!

Bollocks!

My last delivery of the day was in East Grinstead, on the way down I bought fuel because
I was low and I was in urgent need of coffee. Fuel cost £1.56 per litre and the coffee was
FREE! Got down to EG, made the delivery, BP garage £1.42 per litre!

Bollocks!
That's annoying. You've mentioned you're a delivery driver, would it help to make notes of this stuff so you know where is cheapest to fill up? I'm presuming you have regular routes though so sorry if you don't and this suggetion isn't helpful.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
That's annoying. You've mentioned you're a delivery driver, would it help to make notes of this stuff so you know where is cheapest to fill up? I'm presuming you have regular routes though so sorry if you don't and this suggetion isn't helpful.
I know what you mean, I do know some places where the fuel is at a better price but
none of them were on the route I was on this afternoon, it was really a case of bad luck.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Foam earplugs 😁
I tend to speak quite loudly as I’ve worked with elderly people for so long, it’s second nature. I’d not huff if husband told me to dial it down though.

Reactions: 3
I know what you mean, I do know some places where the fuel is at a better price but
none of them were on the route I was on this afternoon, it was really a case of bad luck.
Are you a spreadsheet kind of guy? You could build a map in spreadsheet form of the prices of the different places you stop. Over time it might give you a good idea of where to avoid if you can help it. It's never going to be fool proof though.

Are you a spreadsheet kind of guy? You could build a map in spreadsheet form of the prices of the different places you stop. Over time it might give you a good idea of where to avoid if you can help it. It's never going to be fool proof though.
No, not a spreadsheet person! The problem with the petrol prices is that they change so often so it's really
hard to keep track.

No, not a spreadsheet person! The problem with the petrol prices is that they change so often so it's really
hard to keep track.
oh god I’m the complete opposite- give me any random scenario (holiday, birthday, Christmas, Insurance) and I’ll show you my spreadsheet. I would love to create a fuel price one - might even chuck in a pivot table 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Isn't there a website called petrol prices.com? ............Goes to look ........

Last edited:
Isn't there a website called petrol prices.com? ............Goes to look ........
I stopped at the registration page, duck that and the app,

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.