What do you want to rant about today? #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Selling on facebook marketplace.

How many scammers does one person have to endure? Absolute torture.... then there's the ridiculous offers!

RRP £429.
I'm selling brand new £300

Will you take £100... lol absolutely not 😂

I would literally rather give it away than sell it to some chancing twit!

Same thing but used, old and absolutely scruffy selling for over £100 too before anyone comes at me. I am open to £200-£300
Have you had the scammers offering to courier the Cash to you ? This is the latest thing apparently. I sold quite a bit of furniture last year and we had all these chancers attempting to scam us in various ways.

Have you had the scammers offering to courier the Cash to you ? This is the latest thing apparently. I sold quite a bit of furniture last year and we had all these chancers attempting to scam us in various ways.
YES!!!! i found their script word for word on a quick google.

Only person who offered full amount. Then middle of the day when im at work was like right i will take it but i need it today... im like hun im at work. Piss off.

Can you report them?

Rant today. Bin day. Windy. Entire contents of someones recycling in my garden.

Add to this my fence is wobbling like tit

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I've inadvertently made a freind with another mum on the school run who then complains at me for 30 mins 2x a day about anything and everything and I don't get a word in. Its quite draining to listen to honestly, shes got a real issue with the kids teacher and she is vile about them, shes also vile about a couple of other mums with kids in the same class and I find it quite upsetting to listen to her go on. On the days I dont have to get back home to work I make an excuse im going to the shop and walk another way home so I don't have to listen to it, but I can only do that 1 day a week!! I've tried dropping off at the last minute and getting out of there as quick as possible but she allways catches up with me 🤣🤣 i can't shake her off. She seems to be quite toxic and I don't want to be part of it

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I've inadvertently made a freind with another mum on the school run who then complains at me for 30 mins 2x a day about anything and everything and I don't get a word in. Its quite draining to listen to honestly, shes got a real issue with the kids teacher and she is vile about them, shes also vile about a couple of other mums with kids in the same class and I find it quite upsetting to listen to her go on. On the days I dont have to get back home to work I make an excuse im going to the shop and walk another way home so I don't have to listen to it, but I can only do that 1 day a week!! I've tried dropping off at the last minute and getting out of there as quick as possible but she allways catches up with me 🤣🤣 i can't shake her off. She seems to be quite toxic and I don't want to be part of it
Can you pretend to be on your phone? Phone yourself and get your own voicemail and leave a rambling conversation? Smile apologetically at her when you’re on the call and walk away slowly like it’s quite an intense call… do this for a couple of weeks every morning and afternoon, if you do catch her explain your 2nd cousin 3 times removed is going through a messy divorce so you’re just trying to be a shoulder to lean on….

Omg I don’t know whether to laugh or cry! He’s an idiot, you sound like you’re smashing it, and you can absolutely excel in any physical progress you want without meat. Or not, because everyone’s goal are different. Would go farther than sacking him off, tell him to steer clear. He’s clearly having a negative effect on your enjoyment, which isn’t on.
Thank you! You're so right and tbh I think he has a negative effect all round. I am so achy this morning that I can't go to the gym today, it would be pointless and probably dangerous. When I do it, I might ache a bit the next day but not normally and when I do it's a slight ache that you can push through. I personally don't see the point of training hardcore that you can only do it once a week and then not be able to sit on the toilet :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Low b12 levels have been found in people with memory loss. My Mum was given b12 injections but sadly it wasn’t enough to prevent her getting Alzheimer’s. Get the stuff from the supermarket and book another blood test 👍🏻
I have booked it. I’ll get over it all. The reality is a lot of older people are deficient in b12 and never realise because they have no need to get blood tests. I take a post menopause multi vitamin that has b12 in it. My point is what might seem making a mountain out of a molehill to some people is a serious issue for me and could have been avoided.

Reactions: 2
Halifax. Always making extra hoops to jump through. I wanted to transfer £2 to my new account I opened up with someone else. They want me to verify the transaction which never works on my phone. Or I can call them and drain all my credit.

Tell her your manger has increased your hours then just start acting like you have to rush off every single time. Keep it to hellos and byes only.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Halifax. Always making extra hoops to jump through. I wanted to transfer £2 to my new account I opened up with someone else. They want me to verify the transaction which never works on my phone. Or I can call them and drain all my credit.

Tell her your manger has increased your hours then just start acting like you have to rush off every single time. Keep it to hellos and byes only.
Whenever I have an account with them and need to do something on the account I usually get a long diatribe of convoluted things I have to do. Usually find myself losing my temper and demanding they close my account and give me my money.
Avoid them like the plague now. 🙄

• Heart
Whenever I have an account with them and need to do something on the account I usually get a long diatribe of convoluted things I have to do. Usually find myself losing my temper and demanding they close my account and give me my money.
Avoid them like the plague now. 🙄
I'm sorry you understand! They are my main. I only stuck with them for so long because they were the closest to me back in London and my mother always used them. I got a free moneybox from them too that I still have from when I was a child.

I might just go for Natwest or Chase.

I do have others with minimal amounts.
-I have an account with metro I can't login online for. The app stopped working on my old Iphone 6. I was given my brothers old iphone and newer 10 but I can still only check at cashpoints. So probs have £20 there too.
-I forgot my Llyods online passwords, but I left my account open with £1. (Parent of Halifax).
-I had a Santander account at one point. Don't think I left anything in that.
-I have a Transferwise card with £20.
-My monzo account has £0.00 in it.

I just opened an Atom account for the higher interest but can only pay in with the halifax card.

Last edited:
I'm sorry you understand! They are my main. I only stuck with them for so long because they were the closest to me back in London and my mother always used them. I got a free moneybox from them too that I still have from when I was a child.

I might just go for Natwest or Chase.

I do have others with minimal amounts.
-I have an account with metro I can't login online for. The app stopped working on my old Iphone 6. I was given my brothers old iphone newer 10 but I can stlll only check at cashpoints.
-I forgot my Llyods online passwords, but I left my account open with £1. (Parent of Halifax).
-I had a Santander account at one point. Don't think I left anything in that.
-I have a Transferwise card with £20.
-My monzo account has £0.00 in it.

I just opened an Atom account for the higher interest but can only pay in with the halifax card.
I avoid Lloyds like the plague too. Not a secure bank. I moved to First Direct and no complaints so far. Can use my local post office to withdraw and pay in.
Have heard people say good things about Starling bank I think they said.
A good website is moneysavingexpert.com. I have just opened a 7% interest savings account with First Direct following their recommendation.

• Heart
Not a friend though. And someone like that can be very draining, which is the last thing anyone needs in their lives.

I'd try changing the subject, or tell her you're not comfortable about it, especially talking about other mothers with kids in the same class, but if all she wants to do is gripe constantly, then I would be hurrying away on various pretexts.
The last thing you want is to find that you are lumped in with her, Negative Nancy, in other people's minds, iykwim.

PS I have no kids but I believe that it can be a tightrope betimes at school gates.
So please feel free to ignore all of the above 😁

Thank you! You're so right and tbh I think he has a negative effect all round. I am so achy this morning that I can't go to the gym today, it would be pointless and probably dangerous. When I do it, I might ache a bit the next day but not normally and when I do it's a slight ache that you can push through. I personally don't see the point of training hardcore that you can only do it once a week and then not be able to sit on the toilet :rolleyes::rolleyes:
I completely agree with you. Sounds like he could learn a bit from you tbh. Stick to your guns and don’t take any nonsense off him! 💪

• Heart
Can you pretend to be on your phone? Phone yourself and get your own voicemail and leave a rambling conversation? Smile apologetically at her when you’re on the call and walk away slowly like it’s quite an intense call… do this for a couple of weeks every morning and afternoon, if you do catch her explain your 2nd cousin 3 times removed is going through a messy divorce so you’re just trying to be a shoulder to lean on….
Great idea!!

I've already mentioned that i have to get back for work 🤣 she doesn't seem to take hints well. I think I will say again especially in the morning " i really have to get back home as I have a meeting at 9 so sorry I can't chat"

Not a friend though. And someone like that can be very draining, which is the last thing anyone needs in their lives.

I'd try changing the subject, or tell her you're not comfortable about it, especially talking about other mothers with kids in the same class, but if all she wants to do is gripe constantly, then I would be hurrying away on various pretexts.
The last thing you want is to find that you are lumped in with her, Negative Nancy, in other people's minds, iykwim.

PS I have no kids but I believe that it can be a tightrope betimes at school gates.
So please feel free to ignore all of the above 😁
Absolutely right i do not want to be lumped in with the one allways complaining about the teachers or bitching about other people. I hate the way she talks about others and it makes me think she probably talks the same way about me when I'm not around.

This morning she mentioned going out for a drink one evening, instantly thought I have to put a stop to this 🤣
Wish hubby was working from one still so I could just make him do the school run instead 🤣🤣

Reactions: 3
I've already mentioned that i have to get back for work 🤣 she doesn't seem to take hints well. I think I will say again especially in the morning " i really have to get back home as I have a meeting at 9 so sorry I can't chat"
Being firm and maintaining your boundaries is the only way with people like this. She is a emotional vampire and you do need to protect your energy.

Reactions: 6
@Littleelf Don't worry, you may have to keep repeating the same thing a few times before the penny drops for them. They're thick skinned. I've been there with this type. She'll move on to someone else

I had a mum latch on to me when she heard my accent when I was in the corner shop with my children. I was new to the area and she invited me for coffee the following week at her house (she lived in the next street). To my dismay it was not a pleasant time as she did nothing but moan and complain and I soon wished she had never heard me speak that day in the shop! Just three weeks later she asked me to lend her money (which I didnt have and wouldn't have given her even if I did) and my refusal ensured a speedy end to her aquaintance.

• Wow
My husband being so disorganised that we’ve had to spend £195 on a fast track passport, as opposed to the £55 it should have been, had he have been more organised. Bare in mind he’s known about the trip he’s going on for 2 years. He’s now got to miss a days work, lose a days money and go into London next Tuesday and get to the passport office for 9am to collect it.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
My husband being so disorganised that we’ve had to spend £195 on a fast track passport, as opposed to the £55 it should have been, had he have been more organised. Bare in mind he’s known about the trip he’s going on for 2 years. He’s now got to miss a days work, lose a days money and go into London next Tuesday and get to the passport office for 9am to collect it.
£55? Ive just paid £80 odd! 😯 tbh I should have fast tracked. 10 weeks to process my arse!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.