What do you want to rant about today? #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Haven’t really been on here for a few weeks. Life is so crap right now and I need to rant to strangers.

I had another bad fall the other week and ended up back in hospital. I don’t post much but some might recall that I broke my back in January. I’m back home on mega strong meds which I hate, but they work. Oxycodone helps with pain but knocks me out and I feel drunk when I wake up. That combined with diazepam for muscle spasms and I am like a zombie.

I am back with my surgeon tomorrow for results of an MRI - pre recent fall on my neck which will probably result in more surgery. The issue with my neckis probably the reason I keep falling, my reflexes and balance are all off.

Just can’t stop crying. At least 2 of my 3 cats are taking care of me! One on my lap and one on my boobs!

Attachments

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
When your GP surgery messes up your medication. New surgery and a few things I've not been on for years. Confused as to why no one questioned me as to why I supposedly requested it that way.

(2 inhalers and can only use a spacer. Don't want to carry that whilst running so have a different blue one. They've given me the standard blue plus brown which is a different type)

Reactions: 3
Haven’t really been on here for a few weeks. Life is so crap right now and I need to rant to strangers.

I had another bad fall the other week and ended up back in hospital. I don’t post much but some might recall that I broke my back in January. I’m back home on mega strong meds which I hate, but they work. Oxycodone helps with pain but knocks me out and I feel drunk when I wake up. That combined with diazepam for muscle spasms and I am like a zombie.

I am back with my surgeon tomorrow for results of an MRI - pre recent fall on my neck which will probably result in more surgery. The issue with my neckis probably the reason I keep falling, my reflexes and balance are all off.

Just can’t stop crying. At least 2 of my 3 cats are taking care of me! One on my lap and one on my boobs!
Ah no, rant away 🌹

They don't know what's causing the falls? Beautiful kitties

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Ah no, rant away 🌹

They don't know what's causing the falls? Beautiful kitties
When I broke my back in January they knew there was an issue with my neck, but concentrated on back surgery to pin me back together. I’ve had various falls since, including breaking a rib. They think it’s my neck problem. I have unnatural reflexes and balance issues.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
People being so bloody impatient, give me more than 30 seconds to respond to your query before getting arsey with me 😤

Reactions: 14
This is just a mini rant to get it off my chest because I don’t feel like I can talk to anyone about it. But I noticed my exes sil viewing my Instagram stories- at first I thought it was an innocent kind of click and left it but now she views whatever I put up. It’s simple right? Block and then there’s no problem but I can’t help but want to be petty and call her out on it. She made my life hell for almost 6 years and then sent me abuse almost a year after we split ( years ago now) and I had a mini snoop in retaliation and of course she’s on the be kind brigade.

• Sad
Reactions: 4

Sorry love. Hoping the tides change for you soon. X

• Heart
I’d send a crappy reply saying congratulations you are my number one fan and rank highest of viewing my page.
This is just a mini rant to get it off my chest because I don’t feel like I can talk to anyone about it. But I noticed my exes sil viewing my Instagram stories- at first I thought it was an innocent kind of click and left it but now she views whatever I put up. It’s simple right? Block and then there’s no problem but I can’t help but want to be petty and call her out on it. She made my life hell for almost 6 years and then sent me abuse almost a year after we split ( years ago now) and I had a mini snoop in retaliation and of course she’s on the be kind brigade.

• Haha
Reactions: 8

Bless you ❤ I’m so sorry you’re having such a rough time sending lots of hugs xx

• Heart
Call her out!

Reactions: 3
@JoJo76 I'm so sorry to read what you're going through ... sending you lots of love and heartfelt wishes.

Your kitties are so precious! ♥

• Heart
This is pretty insignificant compared to other people's issues but...
My bathroom is still leaking. Plumbers not been able to come for 2 weeks (he came before, thought it was fixed but wasn't) so I have various receptacles in the lounge catching water. It's dripping from 7 different places (there's a massive hole the plumber cut in the ceiling), so my lounge is out of action indefinitely.
So today I decided to move one of the sofas to our 'gym room' (basically a room that years ago was the kids playroom and now we have a treadmill and other exercise equipment in) so we have a room to sit in, and somewhere to put the tree. This turned into a mammoth mission as the sofa is massive and my hall/doorways in my house are narrow so we're now all battered and bruised.

I also made a stew today. Or tried to. It looked and tasted vile despite 6 hours in the slow cooker so we ended up having a Chinese for tea instead.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Every Tom Dick and Harry posting photos of their children on social media today unwell asking for advice on whether they have Scarlett fever. 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️
It's good to have awareness but there needs to be balance so as not to freak everyone out.

A few years ago, when my daughter just started Uni she was really poorly. Had no idea what was up, thought it was a flu and she just stayed in bed. Fortunately she was home at the time. One day woke up covered in rash. One of the oldies in the family suggested SF and I took her to DR (she was isolated) and they confirmed it was SF. Dr was really surprised and a bit 'not 100% it's scarlet fever but we'll treat it as if it is' because she said it was so unusual.

A couple of years before that, same daughter had a mad cough and again, very poorly. I suspected Whooping Cough. I had had it myself as a child and remember the cough and sound vividly. Again went to DR but that time a DR dismissed my thoughts as 'no one gets whooping cough anymore' .... It was very shortly after that there was a major rise in cases and pregnant women were being vaccinated. I felt strangely vindicated.

My point being, these illnesses never go away completely. They just lie dormant.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I love Christmas but I hate all the forced fun and constant going out. Works do, night out with pals, night out with family, works lunch, Christmas markets. It’s never ending and I cba. Starting to get why the grinch holed himself up in a cave with his dog.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
I love Christmas but I hate all the forced fun and constant going out. Works do, night out with pals, night out with family, works lunch, Christmas markets. It’s never ending and I cba. Starting to get why the grinch holed himself up in a cave with his dog.
At work we are on a 'compulsory' departmental Christmas lunch next week. Noone wants to go but we have to go because it is tied in with a departmental meeting. Just found out there's a seating plan and we are all being jumbled up across sub-teams. Great, so we'll have to make small talk with people we usually avoid eye contact with in the corridor at work 🙄 Just feels juvenile. Let us sit with whoever we want 🙄 At least it's a free meal I suppose.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
At work we are on a 'compulsory' departmental Christmas lunch next week. Noone wants to go but we have to go because it is tied in with a departmental meeting. Just found out there's a seating plan and we are all being jumbled up across sub-teams. Great, so we'll have to make small talk with people we usually avoid eye contact with in the corridor at work 🙄 Just feels juvenile. Let us sit with whoever we want 🙄 At least it's a free meal I suppose.
Nah I’d need to come down with the flu that day!

Reactions: 6
My GP has just bollocked me over the phone because I've asked for an appointment for my son who, I think, has Scarlet Fever. GP said that people who Google symptoms can cause more damage and that I shouldn't worry what the media is saying about "these children dying". I only bleeping Googled it because I've been trying to get an appointment for a week for him! Hope his next shite is a hedgehog 🤬🤣🤣

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 23
Woke up at 5:30am to let the dogs out. tit,tit,tit everwhere. Took half an hour to clean it all. And the smell 🤢🤮
💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩
Have a feeling it is the start to a crappy day 😩

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Sick
My GP has just bollocked me over the phone because I've asked for an appointment for my son who, I think, has Scarlet Fever. GP said that people who Google symptoms can cause more damage and that I shouldn't worry what the media is saying about "these children dying". I only bleeping Googled it because I've been trying to get an appointment for a week for him! Hope his next shite is a hedgehog 🤬🤣🤣
That's awful. When I went to the Dr yesterday I told her I was being more cautious because I was worried about the strep a cases. She said, your right to be extra vigilant. She gave my daughter a really good once over. Confirmed it was just a sore throat/normal cold virus, and told me what to look out for with strep a infections.

How dare a Dr bollock a parent for being worried about their kid. The kids that have died probably did so because the parents weren't taken seriously by the GPs when their kids were poorly, much like when we had that spat of sepsis deaths in kids.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.