What do you want to rant about today? #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Driving out of a supermarket carpark earlier, and on the way out, another driver had started to reverse out of their space and stopped dead. I waited and they gave a little wave of their hand which I think meant, pass by. I don't drive a big car but it wouldn't fit to get past them. I waited and they then just drove out. Maybe they thought they were being helpful, I don't know.

Almost home, and opposite a school, on a busy stretch of road, a woman was parked, slightly too far out in the road in a gateway with large signs saying No Parking. 🤔But, anyway. I slowed because I was going to have to move out a bit on the road to get past and there was a car coming towards me. Mrs Illegally Parked gave a dismissive little wave at me as though - no issue, move along. I glanced in the rear view mirror when I got past and she was still foostering trying to back into the No Parking gateway! Twit.

My wife and I got married two years ago and we still haven't received our printed wedding album we paid for as part of our photography package, and our photographer has ignored all our attempts to get in touch with him about it. The price difference between the services we received and the ones we paid for is £300 so two years after our wedding we're £300 out of pocket and at a loss as what to do next.

I'm not even annoyed about the money (although with everything going on, it's no small sum), I'm annoyed that it's marring the memories of our day because every time I see not only our wedding photos, but any wedding photos at all, I'm annoyed at what has happened with our photographer. Even if he'd actually been in touch I'd be happier, but he just reads and ignores our messages and emails!
Take him to court. It's easy and cheap and it may just make him cough up what he owes you when he realises that you aren't going to go away.

Reactions: 2
I remember as a kid idolizng American car centered urban planning. I liked the big shops, big streets, the suburbs, big houses etc. Than I realized how I should be grateful for walkable and bikable streets and that I got a license because I wanted it not because I needed it.

Reactions: 4
I bought a secondhand car (2014) from a dealership in June. 27-09-2022 my car stopped working on the motorway. Breakdown service helped me and said it was okay to drive to the dealership/garage about 20 min away. Came there they checked my car and after like 45 min they sent me on my way with my car. Only drove home not even 5 min away. Next day 28-09-2022 I just passed the dealership/garage and my car stopped again on the middle of the road. After turning it off and on I was able to drive again so went straight to the dealership/garage. My car was there till last Friday 14-10-2022 and they said they had fixed it. Used my car on Tuesday it was fine and today it stopped working again after like 3 min. So my car is back at the dealership/garage.

Last time I got a rental car and they arranged that I didn’t have to pay for it. So I asked for a rental car but said I don’t need it till Tuesday. After hours they got me one and was able to take it today, signed the papers and just got home and just read it will cost me 294€ for a week. I really hope I don’t have to pay that. Because then for sure I would not have taken the rental with me today. Feel stupid that I didn’t read the paper before I signed it. But they never mentioned a price.

And I really don’t know if I can trust my car. It was quite an expensive second hand car..

Reactions: 1
I remember as a kid idolizng American car centered urban planning. I liked the big shops, big streets, the suburbs, big houses etc. Than I realized how I should be grateful for walkable and bikable streets and that I got a license because I wanted it not because I needed it.
I was visiting family in America a while ago and was doing a bit of shopping and mooching . I wanted to go to another shop at another strip mall that was further down the road so I thought I'd walk. Someone actually stopped and asked if I was ok! I asked why and they said 'because you're walking.' 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
A local pub of mine has been running ladies night every Monday for 12 years. Anyone can go but as a woman you get your meal for 50% off.

One man, ONE, has complained so it is now cancelled and that is it. A great community thing which has been so so popular is over because of one pathetic man.
along the same lines. You know how p1/reception?(first year primary anyways) typically do half days for a week or two to get them into the swing of things. ONE parent complained to the council that their little darling was entitled to a full time education = all kids in 845-325 from day dot. That parents never been forgiven, our kids are now p4. She IS an utter bleep though tbf

• Wow
Reactions: 7
along the same lines. You know how p1/reception?(first year primary anyways) typically do half days for a week or two to get them into the swing of things. ONE parent complained to the council that their little darling was entitled to a full time education = all kids in 845-325 from day dot. That parents never been forgiven, our kids are now p4. She IS an utter bleep though tbf
One parent wouldn’t have prompted this change. That’s not how councils work.

One parent wouldn’t have prompted this change. That’s not how councils work.
It’s up to the school though, not the council. My daughters started full days straight away, no easing in, whereas the school in the next village had 3-4 weeks building up from an hour to a morning to a lunch time to a day.
(Not that one parent would have a crazy amount of power!)

It’s up to the school though, not the council. My daughters started full days straight away, no easing in, whereas the school in the next village had 3-4 weeks building up from an hour to a morning to a lunch time to a day.
(Not that one parent would have a crazy amount of power!)
A school cannot and would not change its entire working practices based off one complaint from one parent. That’s just not reality!

A school cannot and would not change its entire working practices based off one complaint from one parent. That’s just not reality!
I know, that’s why I said one parent would not have that power! I’ve worked in primary schools my entire adult life, I know what happens!🤣

A local pub of mine has been running ladies night every Monday for 12 years. Anyone can go but as a woman you get your meal for 50% off.

One man, ONE, has complained so it is now cancelled and that is it. A great community thing which has been so so popular is over because of one pathetic man.
Grr, equality is a witch.

Would you feel just as strongly if the situation was reversed.

That people believe the government to be incompetent buffoons, idiots who could not organise a piss-up in a brewery. Yet will follow all the rules those idiotic incompetent buffoons give them, not only that, they will also try to get you to follow the same rules by shaming you

Really really gets to me that right now nothing is making any sense and yet people will just roll their eyes and say "it's the government, what do you expect" 🤔

Reactions: 7
The ladies should just carry on meeting up elsewhere. The owner might change his mind when he’s lost a lot of customers.

Reactions: 6
Yes, one person doesn’t get to dictate the action of many regardless of gender or any other attribute.
not the same, but kind of the same .. People who move to a village and complain about village life one couple moved to a home next door to a village church ( not my village) and got the clock silenced. 😲

The village I live in has many people from towns and cities moving into the new builds, and the local FB is sometimes filled with them complaining about... the church clock/bells/ .. farmers working all night or muck spreading ... the pubs, the lack of street lights., how slow the village shop is and the lack of products, chicken, sheep, cows/bullocks/ tractors in the road slowing their speeding through the village down 😂

Honestly go back to whence you came.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Yes, one person doesn’t get to dictate the action of many regardless of gender or any other attribute.
Other people probably felt the same, but didn't have the courage to complain, because they knew they would be called a misogynist.

Anyhow what's wrong with everyone paying the same price.

Other people probably felt the same, but didn't have the courage to complain, because they knew they would be called a misogynist.

Anyhow what's wrong with everyone paying the same price.
There is this across society, student discount, pensioner prices etc.

My argument isn’t the price. It’s that one person complains and everyone bows down to their demands. If lots are feeling it then speak up or accept it.

Reactions: 9
not the same, but kind of the same .. People who move to a village and complain about village life one couple moved to a home next door to a village church ( not my village) and got the clock silenced. 😲

The village I live in has many people from towns and cities moving into the new builds, and the local FB is sometimes filled with them complaining about... the church clock/bells/ .. farmers working all night or muck spreading ... the pubs, the lack of street lights., how slow the village shop is and the lack of products, chicken, sheep, cows/bullocks/ tractors in the road slowing their speeding through the village down 😂

Honestly go back to whence you came.
Bit like buying a house near a railway track or an airport. 🤷‍♀️

Professionals on social media sharing their "opinions"

There's someone I begrudgingly follow on social media because they do occasionally post something of use to me AND they are good for finding like minded people. BUT they piss me off so much. The policies where they work are different to the policies for me locally. But hers are the RIGHT way and anything less than her way is a sin!
She really annoyed me today sharing her unrealistic ideological OPINION (policy) as if its the expectation and anything less will not do. Honestly don't see how others hero worship her. Why don't they all read her stuff and feel like a terrible person (like me) then hours later think no... she's an idiot! 😂

I dont want to give a direct example as it would totally out me and her. but imagine if where you lived you had a garden bin, a general waste bin, a glass bin and a paper bin from the council.
Where she is, she also has a bin for tin cans, batteries etc etc... and because you dont - because the policy isnt set by you youre following your council AND you dont have the room for 20odd bins anyway!!! That you are scum of the earth! The worst person to exist.

But with something a lot more important than bins haha

Me! I'm so annoyed with myself.

I've been stuck in a rut of inaction for a couple of weeks now and I just cannot seem to get my tit together. I'm not eating well, I'm not exercising properly, I'm not sleeping well, the house isn't great, everything is super chaotic and messy and I've only got myself to blame, yet still I can't get stuff done.

Bleh.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.