What do you want to rant about today? #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bullies
Long time ago but I was bullied badly at Primary school . Name calling and physically beaten up by 2 girls who were both bigger than me .
Pushed off a 6 ft wall backwards - it’s hard stuff to forget even years later .
I’ve just discovered that the main bully is now a
Lady Vicar at a nearby church .
So tempted to rock up at communion and remind her of my school days in front of her flock

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
My husband’s family. I can’t even go into it but the dramas just 🤯

Why can’t some people just live a normal quiet life.

Reactions: 17
Preparing myself to try and get fitter, so I've somehow unleashed a barrage of social media stuff about working out to make your bum bigger. I already have a big bum, I'd prefer it to be a bit smaller. Then you look at gym leggings, which I want for the useful pockets and more supportive fabric, and come across more bum propaganda, culminating in the awfulness that is scrunch bum leggings. When I was a teen in the '90s, having your leggings jammed up your arse was a massive social faux pas that got you laughed at.

And don't get me started on the decrease in choice of non-padded sports bras. I'm a fat sweaty cow, I don't need more insulation. I just want containment.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Cruelty to animals. It actually breaks my heart when I see articles about it, I can't even describe the anger I feel towards the perpetrators. If they do get caught and charged, the sentences are a joke. My local newspaper online constantly has animal cruelty articles to the point I feel I can't even read it anymore because it's killing me to see such awful stories. I don't know why people do these things. I just feel like crying every time I read something.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
OH's nan passed away yesterday. I called my manager this morning to see if theres any way I can work from home or take the day as leave, in any way that would work for them, and he said no as we're too busy. I was upset but accepted this.

I've come into work this morning feeling absolutely awful for leaving OH and found we have zero work in. I asked manager if there was a reason he said there was, aka should I expect anything coming my way today, and he said 'well I didn't know what to say as it wasn't your nan and I didn't want to argue'. Just say 'sadly no, the compassionate leave does not cover this relation' surely??

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
My parents. They are so loud. It's my 40th on Thursday and I've had a really tough few months. Decided to come back to home city to catch up with them and friends for 7 days, staying with said parents. I am regretting it already and so desperate to go home. They have no off switch and just continuously chatter, but don't actually have a conversation? Humming from my mum, singing along to the TV from my dad. They also both get up at 5am so it is allll morning. Yesterday I was meeting friends at 6pm but actually went to the library at 12 just for some silence.

I love them both of course but they don't seem to have the ability to just sit at peace. Off to an expensive spa with my mum for 3 days and I've warned her she will need to find something to keep her occupied. She never reads or sits still for more than 2 minutes.

I know I probably sound really unreasonable but it is really stressing me out!

Edited to add, it actually feels like trying to occupy a child. Also to add, they are both early 60s, work full time so no dementia etc. it is just the way they are and it is driving me mad!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Preparing myself to try and get fitter, so I've somehow unleashed a barrage of social media stuff about working out to make your bum bigger. I already have a big bum, I'd prefer it to be a bit smaller. Then you look at gym leggings, which I want for the useful pockets and more supportive fabric, and come across more bum propaganda, culminating in the awfulness that is scrunch bum leggings. When I was a teen in the '90s, having your leggings jammed up your arse was a massive social faux pas that got you laughed at.

And don't get me started on the decrease in choice of non-padded sports bras. I'm a fat sweaty cow, I don't need more insulation. I just want containment.
OMG yes. What is the scrunch bum look?! It's hideous. And people go out and buy leggings specifically for that look. Madness. Plus you know all the "influencers" posing in the gym probably have had BBLs and it's got nothing to do with all their squat workouts

Reactions: 8
The horrible little fuckers in my sons year that he seems to think are his friends. He's 11.
I just want to punch them in their horrible, obnoxious faces but apparently that's frowned upon.
They are so horrible to my son but he's been friends with them since year R, he's year 6, so he thinks the way they behave towards him is normal. They even gaslight him into thinking he's the problem and he's the reason they are so bleeping horrible to him. One little fucker went into the bin, got a mouldy banana, and wiped it all over my son. My son told the teacher and now he's been called a snitch. They are walking past him in class and saying snitch, said he's no longer part of "the boys". I've spoken to the teacher and he said he'd speak to them, I've spoken to my son to try and make him see that these boys are not his friends but apparently what do I know.
One of them is dead behind the eyes. You can already tell he's going to be a wife beater / pub brawl / stab someone kind of person.

• Sad
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
The horrible little fuckers in my sons year that he seems to think are his friends. He's 11.
I just want to punch them in their horrible, obnoxious faces but apparently that's frowned upon.
They are so horrible to my son but he's been friends with them since year R, he's year 6, so he thinks the way they behave towards him is normal. They even gaslight him into thinking he's the problem and he's the reason they are so bleeping horrible to him. One little fucker went into the bin, got a mouldy banana, and wiped it all over my son. My son told the teacher and now he's been called a snitch. They are walking past him in class and saying snitch, said he's no longer part of "the boys". I've spoken to the teacher and he said he'd speak to them, I've spoken to my son to try and make him see that these boys are not his friends but apparently what do I know.
One of them is dead behind the eyes. You can already tell he's going to be a wife beater / pub brawl / stab someone kind of person.
Could you possibly talk to their parents? Just like really politely that you understand children go through phases but can they ask them to stop picking on your son?

Reactions: 7
More of a moan than a rant, but I hate the term "broken home" or "broken family" - sometimes leaving is the best thing for all involved why isn't there a nicer term for it

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Could you possibly talk to their parents? Just like really politely that you understand children go through phases but can they ask them to stop picking on your son?
I've done that before, they stop for a few weeks and then re start. I will definitely contact them again.

Different year and different boys but I was friends with a group of mums, we had a 5 strong group who used to meet up for meals and drinks. 2 of the boys were being nasty, I told them nicely, your kids are picking on mine, please have a word. The kids were moved class the next year but I've been kicked out of the friendship group. I'm ignored when they walk past and was removed from the group chat 🙄🤣 As if it was my fault their boys are nasty little pricks. (This was 2 years ago now)
The exact reason I stay away from chatting to parents in the playground now.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Bullies
Long time ago but I was bullied badly at Primary school . Name calling and physically beaten up by 2 girls who were both bigger than me .
Pushed off a 6 ft wall backwards - it’s hard stuff to forget even years later .
I’ve just discovered that the main bully is now a
Lady Vicar at a nearby church .
So tempted to rock up at communion and remind her of my school days in front of her flock
Sit in the front pew and just STARE at her....

• Haha
People who expect you to do something for them at the drop of a hat but can't even have the decency to use their manners and say please when asking you to do so.

Reactions: 11
I feel for you and know exactly where you're coming from. My son had similar behaviour from two of his so-called friends. Spoke to the teacher who told me she saw that one of the boys was "manipulative" towards my son, however I knew from my son's account that he was being bullied and pushed around and he was telling me what was going on because he was scared, asking me why it was happening, it was heartbreaking to hear it. The bully "friend" was the tallest in class and towered over my son, typical bully advantage.
It's difficult at primary school where children are together in same class from R to Y6, children tend to keep the same friends they've made early on.
At secondary school my son no longer had those two boys in his classes and he became friends with boys from other primary schools, friendships which lasted beyond secondary school.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
People who have the keyboard sound turned on on their phone 🤬🤬🤬

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
People who message you on teams but just “hi [insert name here]” and then don’t continue. Tell me what you want, and I’ll see if I’m free for a chat? Pisses me right off!

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.