What do you want to rant about today? #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
OH moan.

We're living in our first owned home together and before this we rented two different flats which had strict rules on decorating and DIY (as you'd expect). Now we're in the house, he wants to change EVERYTHING. He spent most of sunday morning faffing over the bloody cooker hood extractor as he'd found an all singing all dancing one online but needed to find out where it led to, which involved pulling up carpets :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, our washing machine has been unlevel and banging against the unit in the kitchen and slowly separating it - so it needs silicone sealing and the washing machine levelling. Can anyone, anyone at all see any reason why the thing we use every single day and is causing damage to the surrounding area WOULDN'T be a priority over the faffing extractor fan? I nearly had to beg the man to sort it on Sunday rather than trying to turn on the extractor fan and try to isolate it to the right switch on the bloody fuse box

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
So sick of this bastard weather. How are you supposed to get anything dry when it’s pouring every half hour? Everything in my tiny house is getting damp from trying to dry things inside

Reactions: 19
The spin class whooper was back this morning and - quelle horreur - on the bike next to me. The music was club versions of well known rock songs by Bon Jovi, Thin Lizzy etc and he kept pausing to do air keyboards! I mean, what the actual duck. He was also singing loudly and without tune.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
The amount of phone calls I get starting with "I understand you're the home owner..." I rent

Reactions: 4
The spin class whooper was back this morning and - quelle horreur - on the bike next to me. The music was club versions of well known rock songs by Bon Jovi, Thin Lizzy etc and he kept pausing to do air keyboards! I mean, what the actual duck. He was also singing loudly and without tune.
I used to go to a spin class where one of the guys in the front used to whack on his own earphones, clearly have his own rave music and do little rave pointy fingers (think Kevin and Perry go Large but in the middle of a hotel gym) and then leave 3/4 of the way through the class. So cringe 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I'm sure this has been raised before, but adverts that are disguised as news articles.

They usually have headlines like: "Shoppers amazed at return of much wanted Cadburys classic" - then if you click to open the article it's absolutely rammed with adverts and takes forever to get to the point.

I've made this up so it's not a real advert but they go like this:

Shoppers were today amazed when a Cadbury classic was confirmed to be returning to our shelves. One excited shopper (Shaz, 35, from London) was in B&M when she spotted the return of the treat and she soon took to Instagram to share her excitement.

(advert 1, 2 and 3 here)

It's been much in demand since it was taken off shelves, with many Facebook groups crying out for its return.

(advert 4 and 5 here)

Shaz was ecstatic, branding the return as "fookin amazing!" on her socials.

("Read More" button here - if you click it, the page will go nuts, usually reloading and sending you right back to the top)

Several other shoppers also said they couldn't wait to get their hands on the returning Cadbury chocolatey goodness.

(advert 6, 7 and 8 here)

And so on...

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Amazon.
The courier dropped the parcel on my driveway, picked it up then dumped it on my doorstep and walked off . I saw it on my ring camera. Finally got through to amazon "customer service" who refused to have it returned. Its a computer screen that cost me £200, for my sons birthday. I'm not going to risk keeping it and giving it to him for it to be cracked.
The lady i spoke to first said there was nothing they could do so I asked to speak to a manager and magically they are sending someone to pick it up tomorrow.

I've never had problems returning items, I don't know what happened today.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Amazon.
The courier dropped the parcel on my driveway, picked it up then dumped it on my doorstep and walked off . I saw it on my ring camera. Finally got through to amazon "customer service" who refused to have it returned. Its a computer screen that cost me £200, for my sons birthday. I'm not going to risk keeping it and giving it to him for it to be cracked.
The lady i spoke to first said there was nothing they could do so I asked to speak to a manager and magically they are sending someone to pick it up tomorrow.

I've never had problems returning items, I don't know what happened today.
I have just cancelled Prime, their delivery and CS were 2nd to none. but lately, things keep going wrong. letting you buy things that say prime delivery but then they don't have stock so you have to wait over a month, CS keep fobbing you off saying they will contact the warehouse.. last straw was, I bought a game and it kept going wrong (I had also bought in-game things) the game creators were not replying to my emails Amazon said its nothing to do with them ( CS, as a rule, try to help but this one was really sarcastic) and a few other niggles so I've cancelled I b iught something not with prime and its a pain of them nagging and trying to trick you into clicking so won't be doing that either, this will save me an absolute fortune though as I'm an impulse buyer.

oh yes and the adverts on prime TV was another reason.

Reactions: 3
Just received a letter from Next concerned in a talking down to you kind of way, that I have returned 100% of what I've ordered from them in the last year.
They pointed me to their size guides, etc and want to work with me to reduce this.
My response was to feel like snatching the phone up and shouting down the phone, but I stopped myself as they aren't worth a coronary and I've got Tattle now. 🤭

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 23
Mothers of men. Particularly my mother in law. Tell me why they think the sun shines out of their perfect son’s perfect little ass??? Tell me why they think their sons are the BEST most AMAZING fathers just for doing the absolute bare minimum. “Oh he’s such a hands on dad”. witch, we have 6 kids, he’s got no choice but to be hands on. He changes a nappy and your boy is the most amazing man you’ve ever laid eyes on. Why don’t you just bloody marry him yourself you weirdo!

The same woman did ZERO preparation in sending her son out in to the world as an adult. Did you even show him how to turn a washing machine on or boil an egg? No you did not. He isn’t the man he is because of you, believe me! He could hardly butter a slice of toast when I met him IN HIS TWENTIES!!

Yes, he’s a great dad. He’s loving and attentive and guides our children in life, teaching them amazing lessons and doing it all patiently and with love, all while providing a home for us.

Him giving our 1 year old a bottle isn’t the flex you seem to think it is love. It’s the basics of care.
Not a fan of her at all.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Just received a letter from Next concerned in a talking down to you kind of way, that I have returned 100% of what I've ordered from them in the last year.
They pointed me to their size guides, etc and want to work with me to reduce this.
My response was to feel like snatching the phone up and shouting down the phone, but I stopped myself as they aren't worth a coronary and I've got Tattle now. 🤭
Wow, I can't believe this is a thing! Well I can, because I think ASOS started blocking peoples accounts for returning everything. I understand in a sense of people wearing once and returning, or people ordering tit loads like influencers hauls and then just returning everything. That must be annoying.

However, these days online shopping is basically impossible! Sizing is a nightmare, things don't look like the photos. I mean I can be anywhere from a 6 to a 16, how am I supposed to know which size to order? It's like you're being penalised for wanting to spend money with them. It's not the customers fault when things aren't as described!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I’d have been straight on the phone to tell them maybe they should sort their sizing out and that nothing ever looks like the photos!!

Reactions: 6
People who start arguements on threads about serious subjects when the thread is specifically about reality trash and very light hearted trash talking

I took my 7 year old and 15 month old to soft play this morning.
There was a boy about 5 or 6 running around kicking other kids. Not just a little nudge by accident as he ran past, he was searching for a target, taking a run-up, and full-on booting kids, then running off laughing.
I was in the toddler bit with the little one, and while a couple of us were trying to work out which adult he was with, he set his sights on my child. As he ran over I scooped her up, so he changed direction and kicked a little girl in the back of the head. Her Mum picked her up, passed her to her Dad, then took this boy by the hand. She walked to the middle of the seating area and shouted "who does this child belong to?"
A woman came over, said it was her son, and asked what the issue was.

"Your son is running around kicking little kids. On purpose."
"He's Autistic, he doesn't understand."
"Right, and are you Autistic too?"
"...no?"
"In that case you should understand. Put your phone down, get off your backside, and supervise your kid."
"I told you, he's Autistic, he can't help it."

The argument went on for a bit longer, with several other people joining in, and in the end the lady with the kicker shouted something about discrimination and left.

I don't care what your kid is diagnosed with, it does not give them the right to hurt other people. If your kid cannot behave in public, for whatever reason, supervise them. If supervision isn't enough, keep them at home. People should be able to take their kids out to enjoy themselves without fear of them being attacked.

And don't get me started on the giant 7 year olds in the under 2 area 😒

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 59
Wow, I can't believe this is a thing! Well I can, because I think ASOS started blocking peoples accounts for returning everything. I understand in a sense of people wearing once and returning, or people ordering tit loads like influencers hauls and then just returning everything. That must be annoying.

However, these days online shopping is basically impossible! Sizing is a nightmare, things don't look like the photos. I mean I can be anywhere from a 6 to a 16, how am I supposed to know which size to order? It's like you're being penalised for wanting to spend money with them. It's not the customers fault when things aren't as described!
Oh god...this is so true! I buy Next jeans, I'm a size 12 regular length. I've got 6 pairs, two in each colour, and not one pair is the same size as any other. The lengths are different, the waistbands are all different sizes, but every pair is supposedly 12R. It's really annoying!!

Reactions: 10
There was a boy about 5 or 6 running around kicking other kids. Not just a little nudge by accident as he ran past, he was searching for a target, taking a run-up, and full-on booting kids, then running off laughing.
I was in the toddler bit with the little one, and while a couple of us were trying to work out which adult he was with, he set his sights on my child. As he ran over I scooped her up, so he changed direction and kicked a little girl in the back of the head. Her Mum picked her up, passed her to her Dad, then took this boy by the hand. She walked to the middle of the seating area and shouted "who does this child belong to?"

"...no?"
"In that case you should understand. Put your phone down, get off your backside, and supervise your kid."

The argument went on for a bit longer, with several other people joining in, and in the end the lady with the kicker shouted something about discrimination and left.

I don't care what your kid is diagnosed with, it does not give them the right to hurt other people. If your kid cannot behave in public, for whatever reason, supervise them. If supervision isn't enough, keep them at home. People should be able to take their kids out to enjoy themselves without fear of them being attacked.

Thank you for the useful script and tip for locating the parent. I have been stewing on how to handle such situations after a few near misses with similar little gits!

I will admit to throwing a ball pretty hard at a near adolescent child who was hiding in a ball pit throwing balls HARD at the babies. Kid didn't see it coming either and it obviously hurt so he buggered off. Petty? Yes. Satisfying? Also yes.

• Haha
Reactions: 38

"...no?"

I was at a soft play once and a 9 year old pushed a 2 year old down a steep slide when the 2 year old weren’t facing the right way. She was screaming crying so her Mum got up and flipped, went searching for the parent and the parent eventually got up and said the 9 year old was hers and he was autistic and he can’t help it. A big argument erupted which sounds similar to what happened today for you… I just don’t see why other kids should be getting battered when they are just innocently playing? The parents should be paying attention to what their children are doing regardless of autism or not

Reactions: 34
I’d have been straight on the phone to tell them maybe they should sort their sizing out and that nothing ever looks like the photos!!
Isn't it amazing how you've hit the nail on the head when I didn't list the reasons for my returns. Although I don't recall having ordered much this year. Quite often I've been sent something bearing no relation to what I'd ordered and don't get me started on their sizing! 🙄🙄🙄

I was at a soft play once and a 9 year old pushed a 2 year old down a steep slide when the 2 year old weren’t facing the right way. She was screaming crying so her Mum got up and flipped, went searching for the parent and the parent eventually got up and said the 9 year old was hers and he was autistic and he can’t help it. A big argument erupted which sounds similar to what happened today for you… I just don’t see why other kids should be getting battered when they are just innocently playing? The parents should be paying attention to what their children are doing regardless of autism or not
In both this and the previous case I KNEW you would get the parent saying 'oh they're autistic, they can't help it'. Unfortunately that's not a valid excuse. If your child has no impulse control or whatever and is likely to end up hitting or shoving other kids, then as their parent you have to watch them like a hawk. If you can't be bothered to watch them, don't bloody take them to places full of other little kids. It's pretty simple.
What annoys me is those parents whose kids run amok like this while they're on their phone/ outside having a fag/ just oblivious are also the same parents who would create merry hell with their kids school if little Johnny isn't constantly supervised. Yet outside school when they're the one needing to do the supervising they couldn't care less.

A couple of years ago I told a couple of kids to stop destroying the flower bed in a local park...mum suddenly appears and says oh they don't understand, they're autistic. Where were you for the last 15 minutes when they've beheaded or jumped on every flower in the flowerbed?! I've had the same when pointing out that a museum exhibit (which clearly said no touching) wasn't meant for climbing on.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Sizing is a massive issue with online shopping. How many times have I had to order the same thing in at least 2 sizes just because they are so random? Loads. If these companies got their act together and sorted out the sizing they may have less returns. The other issue is quality. Many a time I've sent something back just because it's been dreadful quality for the price.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.