What do you want to rant about today? #14

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is such a stupid thing, I am getting a new car today and Im embarrassed and geuninely wondering about taking the bus to work next week so my colleagues wont see it. I know they will make snide comments about how much I must be getting paid etc.
I should be happy but Im too stressed thinking about the negative reactions I will get.
And I know that people have real issues, I have much more real issues to worry about. But what should be a good day is feeling very bad.
Oh let them talk. They’re only being snide because they’re probably jealous. It’s none of their business how much money you have or how you spend it. Enjoy your new car and try not to let bitter people make you feel like you don’t deserve to have nice things. You only live once x

• Heart
Reactions: 14
This is such a stupid thing, I am getting a new car today and Im embarrassed and geuninely wondering about taking the bus to work next week so my colleagues wont see it. I know they will make snide comments about how much I must be getting paid etc.
I should be happy but Im too stressed thinking about the negative reactions I will get.
And I know that people have real issues, I have much more real issues to worry about. But what should be a good day is feeling very bad.
I feel you on this! The evil eye is real and it's such a shame. Enjoy your new car though, people will talk regardless!

Reactions: 11
Bugger what anyone else thinks - unless you've ordered an Aston Martin Valkyrie thats going to roar into the car park, I doubt anyone will even pay much attention past "oh, a new car". That new car smell is too good not to enjoy every moment of if nothing else. I've got one on order and am counting the weeks now until I get in, I'm sadly very excited :ROFLMAO: and sadly it's not an AM.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Bugger what anyone else thinks - unless you've ordered an Aston Martin Valkyrie thats going to roar into the car park, I doubt anyone will even pay much attention past "oh, a new car". That new car smell is too good not to enjoy every moment of if nothing else. I've got one on order and am counting the weeks now until I get in, I'm sadly very excited :ROFLMAO: and sadly it's not an AM.
How did you guess my new car 😃

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Why are drivers such arses !
I came through a set of lights today and there is a second set of lights just after that give you right of way. There was a woman on the crossing so I slowed down to let her cross. An arse in a Range Rover come tearing through the first set of lights blaring his horn and gesticulating at me. He obviously didn’t see the lady on the crossing that I was avoiding running over.
I got my own back by driving at 20 miles an hour in front of him until I reached the junction I was turning off at. It’s a 30 zone so I wasn’t going that much slower 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Why are drivers such arses !
I came through a set of lights today and there is a second set of lights just after that give you right of way. There was a woman on the crossing so I slowed down to let her cross. An arse in a Range Rover come tearing through the first set of lights blaring his horn and gesticulating at me. He obviously didn’t see the lady on the crossing that I was avoiding running over.
I got my own back by driving at 20 miles an hour in front of him until I reached the junction I was turning off at. It’s a 30 zone so I wasn’t going that much slower 😂
Other peoples road rage is hilarious, most of the time they are total morons.

Not so long ago I was in traffic on a dual carriageway, the lanes merge into one. I was in the left hand lane and traffic to the right was merging into my lane. I let one car in - no more cos they all come speeding down to push in!

Anyway, the car in front of me wound his window down and waved to gesture to let all the cars in. Absolutely no bleeping way 🤣 so I moved forward blocking them. He started to go MENTAL - screaming an ambulance is behind me and let it past. There was indeed an ambulance but about 20 cars back, sat in the traffic without its sirens on. I told him to duck off and he was going bright red screaming at me. I followed him for the next few miles. The ambulance was in my vision and went back to the ambulance station which we pass on the way home.

bleeping weirdo.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Not exactly rant, but the cliquey structure of some gossip threads here is baffling to me. Regardless of the nature of the conversation, it keeps circling around a few core names and any questions or other comments are often get sidelined. It's a silly thing to be hung up on, I'm aware 😂 I just can't unsee it now that I've noticed it.

Reactions: 18
Drive it to work and do a donut in the oarking lot so they really have something to talk about.
I hear what your saying as I tend to self deprecate to get in there forst before other can say something negative.
However you realise life is for living and enjoying so don’t let them sour your nice experience. These people will just find something else to criticise

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I had a hospital appointment come through today that I can't make. I can't change it online because 'that facility isn't available at the moment' ... it never bloody is ... so I'm on the phone at No 31 in the queue with a constant message on loop telling me it's easier to manage my appointments on line .... trolling fuckers 🤬

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
duck them. I have this issue with my neighbours when I get anything done to my house (I love alone) I can see them all gawping in and chatting, probably wondering how I can afford it. Easy, cos I work hard and get paid well and don't spend my time gawping into my neighbours house!

Happy new car day!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Drive it to work and do a donut in the oarking lot so they really have something to talk about.
I hear what your saying as I tend to self deprecate to get in there forst before other can say something negative.
However you realise life is for living and enjoying so don’t let them sour your nice experience. These people will just find something else to criticise
Im usually in before everyone else so they wouldnt see. Also our car park is tiny no room for donuts 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I totally get it, we have got a really nice vehicle, I’m not saying what it is. You can’t see it from the road so not many neighbours will know about it, Mr Kitty won’t go out in it or return in normal daylight hours or times in case we get seen! It’s bizarre 😂
---
Seen something I like on FB marketplace sent an offer, not cheeky, they’ve read it 6 hours ago. No response 🙄 Don’t list no time wasters please when you’ve wasted mine!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Not so much a rant as a moan about people. Somebody on nextdoor is complaining that a vehicle has been parked in front of their house in her “space”, accompanying photos of offending vehicle. Now I understand it can be annoying but this person has done nothing wrong. It’s not an allocated parking space or even a parking space, it’s just the road in front of her house. She’s threatening criminal damage and a report to the police and saying allsorts.
And here I am thinking at what point is your life so sad that THIS is the hill you want to die on

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Not so much a rant as a moan about people. Somebody on nextdoor is complaining that a vehicle has been parked in front of their house in her “space”, accompanying photos of offending vehicle. Now I understand it can be annoying but this person has done nothing wrong. It’s not an allocated parking space or even a parking space, it’s just the road in front of her house. She’s threatening criminal damage and a report to the police and saying allsorts.
And here I am thinking at what point is your life so sad that THIS is the hill you want to die on
Police will be delighted with that. If you want a parking space you can defend with pitchforks you need to buy a house with a driveway!

Reactions: 8
Every single night after work my husband plonks his bum down and sits on the playstation for around 3 hours. Meanwhile I'm left getting dinner sorted, dishes and getting the kids bathed. No matter how much I say to him its like talking to a brick wall.
Thinking maybe the PS remote goes into hiding tomorrow somewhere unknown 🤔

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.