What do you want to rant about today? #14

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The nearer Christmas gets the more ranting I'm sure there will be ... nice new thread to accommodate 🤣
---
Stroppy hospital appointment staff.

I'm sorry I can't make the random appointment you sent me because it clashes with the funeral of a close family member. 🤬

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
I want to rant about the ungratefulness of charities and other such charitable places e.g. churches.
I have done quite a lot of donating of things this Christmas, and I know if it was me receiving them for the place, I would have gone overboard with my thanks on behalf of the organisation. Instead nothing. No, I tell a lie the church person said "Oh you've brought them". Even though they asked us to bring something to donate. So then I felt bad, like I'd brought bad stuff, but I was mollified to see people fighting over my donations later.
The people at these places don't seem to have any manners. Dragged up I tell you!!!🤷
In fact I got a better response from the bin I put a child's present in in the supermarket!!!

• Sad
Reactions: 14
ggrr I told the husband I wasn't too bothered but it's stirring now. I spent last night making and shaping gingerbread for the elf to take credit for and the kids to bake it and decorate. The husband bakes it while I'm at work and burns my bleeping effort. I told him it's okay but I am fuming.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Someone I went to school with’s son died yesterday in a car crash. Him and his friends all died on impact, driving drunk and with some other substances in their system. Only 18.

WHEN will these teenagers learn! I know the real answer of course is never, kids always think they’re invincible and it could never happen to them. I know it’s their own actions that caused it, and mercifully no one innocent was injured. But my heart breaks to think of what those kids parents are going through. 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 23
My husband is a terrible gift buyer 🙈

I have to preface this with yes I know it’s the thought that counts but also he’s known me 19 years, he should know what I like and don’t like although I would never tell him I didn’t like a gift he bought me because he’s the sensitive type and I know it would hurt his feelings.

Last year he bought me an electric foot muff! I instantly thought it was something for an old lady. Yes I do get cold feet but nothing a pair of fluffy socks wouldn’t sort out. So anyway he switched it on for me and I’m sat there half hour at least, the heat is so so minor that it honestly is less warm than just putting some slippers on. I told him I thought it was faulty- surely it should be warmer than this!! So he took it back after Christmas. I didn’t get a replacement gift 🤣
We went shopping today and he went off on his own and came back with a box he shoved under the pram in a white bag. When I went to change the baby in the loo, I pulled the nappy bag from under the pram and the box fell out of the bag it was in. ITS AN ELECTRIC FOOTMUFF 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
What did I do to deserve this??
He asked me a few weeks ago was there anything I wanted and I did say there really isn’t anything so maybe just vouchers or a night away together.
I’m getting an electric footmuff again 😭

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49

I have to preface this with yes I know it’s the thought that counts but also he’s known me 19 years, he should know what I like and don’t like although I would never tell him I didn’t like a gift he bought me because he’s the sensitive type and I know it would hurt his feelings.

Last year he bought me an electric foot muff! I instantly thought it was something for an old lady. Yes I do get cold feet but nothing a pair of fluffy socks wouldn’t sort out. So anyway he switched it on for me and I’m sat there half hour at least, the heat is so so minor that it honestly is less warm than just putting some slippers on. I told him I thought it was faulty- surely it should be warmer than this!! So he took it back after Christmas. I didn’t get a replacement gift 🤣
We went shopping today and he went off on his own and came back with a box he shoved under the pram in a white bag. When I went to change the baby in the loo, I pulled the nappy bag from under the pram and the box fell out of the bag it was in. ITS AN ELECTRIC FOOTMUFF 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
He asked me a few weeks ago was there anything I wanted and I did say there really isn’t anything so maybe just vouchers or a night away together.
I’m sorry but after my depressing post above this made me howl 😭😭😭😭😭 you poor thing! Bless him though he obviously thought you liked it enough to give it a second go!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’m sorry but after my depressing post above this made me howl 😭😭😭😭😭 you poor thing! Bless him though he obviously thought you liked it enough to give it a second go!
Not enough to get a replacement at the time he returned it 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
@cwymmie maybe casually bring up in conversation about how you remember he bought you that foot muff last year and how naff it was, and how you're looking forward to getting something else? Do it soon so he can return it!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
This is such a mini whinge but I have started getting cold sores in the last year or so and I have one just now and my mouth hurts so much and I'm so self conscious about it when I'm speaking in a group at work!

Reactions: 3
Someone I went to school with’s son died yesterday in a car crash. Him and his friends all died on impact, driving drunk and with some other substances in their system. Only 18.

WHEN will these teenagers learn! I know the real answer of course is never, kids always think they’re invincible and it could never happen to them. I know it’s their own actions that caused it, and mercifully no one innocent was injured. But my heart breaks to think of what those kids parents are going through. 😔
Oh that's so sad isn't it 😢 A friend's teenage son recently passed his test, he and his friends are constantly doing nitrous and I am sure they all drive with it in their systems, they are accidents waiting to happen.

I also found out at the weekend that another teenager (who I knew when they were little) is now partially paralyzed due to nitrous. It's horrendous.

My rant is absolutely trivial compared to all that, it's work related. Our employers sold off 80% of our building and car park last year. However now we have to work in the office more there are barely enough desks to go round, and only 15 car park spaces for 150 people. If I don't get a car park space, the only places to park for free are 10-15 mins walk from the office (not far but far enough when firstly I've already Sat in traffic for 45 mins + to travel 7 miles and secondly because I have to bring my bloody laptop as our office computers can't be used for teams meetings and that laptop is heavy when you're carrying it on a 15 min walk). And from Jan I've got to do that at least twice a week. Ugh.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Oh that's so sad isn't it 😢 A friend's teenage son recently passed his test, he and his friends are constantly doing nitrous and I am sure they all drive with it in their systems, they are accidents waiting to happen.

I also found out at the weekend that another teenager (who I knew when they were little) is now partially paralyzed due to nitrous. It's horrendous.

My rant is absolutely trivial compared to all that, it's work related. Our employers sold off 80% of our building and car park last year. However now we have to work in the office more there are barely enough desks to go round, and only 15 car park spaces for 150 people. If I don't get a car park space, the only places to park for free are 10-15 mins walk from the office (not far but far enough when firstly I've already Sat in traffic for 45 mins + to travel 7 miles and secondly because I have to bring my bloody laptop as our office computers can't be used for teams meetings and that laptop is heavy when you're carrying it on a 15 min walk). And from Jan I've got to do that at least twice a week. Ugh.
Honestly car parking issues are very high on my list of why I can't face going back to my old job when my maternity leave ends. I work in a hospital that employs over 3000 people - we have about 100 parking spaces for 'non-essential' [aka anyone who's not a consultant or someone who sits in an office on a ridiculous salary but has buy in with the chief nurse etc. so they can't afford to upset them] staff. Before having my baby I used to get to work between 7am and 7:15 am when I started at half 8 to guarantee a parking space as there's no other way for me to get there. I refuse to park on the streets around the hospital as it's not in a nice area and every week you hear of another colleague who's had their window or wing mirror smashed for parking outside someone's house!

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I have ranted about a tradesman who has left me down in the last week or so. We are now at rescheduled dated number 5. He called briefly last night. He was meant to come back today but was a no show. He needs to do something which will take around a day max maybe just half a day but one thing needs to dry for 24hrs.

He has to come tomorrow as I have another tradesman who has done as much as he can do and that guy is going to another job tomorrow and Thursday and wants to finish my job Friday The unreliable guy knows this and he keeps just ignoring my calls and texts. These two tradesman work for the same company and the guy that turns up recommended the other guy and he feels so bad about this.

I was meant to go into the office tomorrow for a Christmas event and now need to wfh just to see if this guy deigns to grace me with his presence.

Reactions: 1
My neighbours are bleeping twats. Constant stomping around, it’s honestly as if they’ve got an elephant for a pet. And if they aren’t creating a marching band then it’s singing at the top of their lungs at stupid times. I’m currently in bed, my windows are closed and I can hear the bloke singing greased lightning. They are the most inconsiderate fuckers I’ve had to live next to.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11

Do they know that it's recently been classified as a Class C drug?

It's so scary when you see them driving and doing it and sending Snapchats. My kids know a few of their peer group who have had car crashes and died from it 😭

• Sad
My neighbours are bleeping twats. Constant stomping around, it’s honestly as if they’ve got an elephant for a pet. And if they aren’t creating a marching band then it’s singing at the top of their lungs at stupid times. I’m currently in bed, my windows are closed and I can hear the bloke singing greased lightning. They are the most inconsiderate fuckers I’ve had to live next to.
Oh my god.... I was just about to post about my own new neighbours. It's making me on edge all the time.

They are upstairs... Wood floors, or at least, no carpets. They run from room to room, jump off the sofa (I'm assuming) so my ceiling lights shake.

They never, ever leave the house so there's no respite. There is a 10 year old child who doesn't go to school.

It's unbearable. But .. I realise it could be even worse. They don't have parties, and go to bed around 12 (even the child.... I can hear them shouting)

I'm constantly thinking of ways to sound proof it, even a little bit, and all I can come up with is covering my ceiling with those silver backed foam panels.

Actual sound proofing is about 3 grand a room.

So ... I feel your pain ❤

Reactions: 6
The nearer Christmas gets the more ranting I'm sure there will be ... nice new thread to accommodate 🤣
---
Stroppy hospital appointment staff.

I'm sorry I can't make the random appointment you sent me because it clashes with the funeral of a close family member. 🤬
I recently had the same with a member of the appointment staff. Trying to book me in for a colonoscopy this week!

She got right bag on when I said it was routine and before Christmas isn't convenient. They tried telling me that it won't fit in with the hospitals time window of 6-8 weeks or whatever it is.

Erm I don't really care, I'm not desperate love 😂

*Sorry for your loss ❤

Reactions: 2
We’ve been emotionally blackmailed by OH’s sibling to have OH’s surviving parent for Christmas Day.
Sibling would find it too painful and as they chose to move miles away from elderly parents, it wouldn’t be feasible to host them at theirs.
Too long and boring to explain how I feel and why but it’s really upset me.

• Heart

This made me laugh-cry. 🤣🫣 Sorry.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.