What do you want to rant about today? #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Ingognito.Queen re: your post about Reddit in the last thread, what do you mean about corporal punishment being needed? Do you mean the death penalty? Because most people use corporal punishment to mean smacking children, which I can see being offensive on a post about a toddler being beaten to death. I realise you won't have been advocating for that, I'm just saying that might be what happened.

Reactions: 1
Whoever said car insurance I’m with you- over £6k when our quote last year was £2k. We’re going to move providers but it’s still gone to £3k.

rant Is about me- I wish I wasn’t so emotional and had a backbone.
What do you drive! Im getting out of my pram for an £80 increase 😂

I laugh but its terrible really. Ppl are struggling atm and being hit at every turn. I'm lucky I can afford the increase but it still burns! Why should I work my backside off for a much higher % to be spent on essentials

Reactions: 2
What do you drive! Im getting out of my pram for an £80 increase 😂

I laugh but its terrible really. Ppl are struggling atm and being hit at every turn. I'm lucky I can afford the increase but it still burns! Why should I work my backside off for a much higher % to be spent on essentials
It’s a4x4, I have huge dogs 😂 that’s for two people driving two cars, but still, it’s horrendous.

Reactions: 1
My 7 year old came running in at 6am half crying saying she's so hungry she has thunderstorms going off in her belly. Usually if she comes in that early I send her back into her room for a bit. But I got straight out of bed, downstairs and made her some breakfast. She ate one mouthful and said she was full 🤨. Little cow 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Carry on ranting here ....

---
Car insurance.

I was looking online because my renewal is up and it's more than doubled! I'm absolutely livid. Nothing has changed in the year. Absolutely nothing.

I'm not surprised people drive without it and would rather take a fine of £300 and some points if they get caught. Absolute rip off.
Is that with you shopping around or just from your incumbent insurer? If it’s just the incumbent I don’t know why they do it as it’s just wankerish but usually you can get a better deal if you look at another on an aggregator site. (Probably teaching you to suck egg, apologies).

Reactions: 2
With you all on libraries. Pretty sure they are still, at least predominantly, places to find, read and study using books and their audio equivalents. Although the last time I was in ours, one librarian could be heard above passing planes and it was mainly full of a particular demographic wanting the internet and then how to photocopy a million documents.
ours seems to be more of a community centre with loud meetups etc (even though the council has a huge building just down the road with it's own set of function rooms they could use) kinda hanging out chatting about boys, doing their nails etc or otherwise not "studying" and they are removing desks, tables, chairs computers and even books to accommodate this nonsense.It's like a branch of macdonalds in there.. idk why they don't do and hang out somewhere else

Reactions: 4
Is that with you shopping around or just from your incumbent insurer? If it’s just the incumbent I don’t know why they do it as it’s just wankerish but usually you can get a better deal if you look at another on an aggregator site. (Probably teaching you to suck egg, apologies).
Nope. That's with shopping around and using the sites. My old company came in much higher. I never understand that either. It's like they want you there for a year and then want you to duck off elsewhere. It's never made sense to me.

Reactions: 3
I've taken my daughter library today and I agree with you all - totally shocked at how noisy it is! Meant to be quiet 😤

My rant is mum guilt, summer holidays is coming to an end and now I'm feeling like I haven't done enough with my daughter 😭

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
I've taken my daughter library today and I agree with you all - totally shocked at how noisy it is! Meant to be quiet 😤

My rant is mum guilt, summer holidays is coming to an end and now I'm feeling like I haven't done enough with my daughter 😭
If you can I would just join your local library online and place a "hold" on the type of books she's interested in and if not at your local library they'll send them to your local one (if you put that in online). Then you can just go and pick them up. I struggle with technology now, but I sussed it myself and the library will help if needed.
I'd also do themes like Girls Night In where you do pamper sessions. When I was young I had my bubble bath (probably Matey "which cleaned the bath as well" iykyk 😄), a curly wurly and a plastic champagne glass with lemonade in.
Nowadays it'd be a lot posher - face masks, deep hair conditioning, nails etc
Cinema night in the lounge or her bedroom with popcorn, snack bowls etc.

ETA I loved The Secret Garden book when I was a child.
I always find lots of cheap ideas in Home Bargains.

• Heart
Reactions: 3

The thing is when your daughter is older she will be able to see everything you did do for her. Providing a safe home counts for so much more.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Had tickets for a musical in London today that I’ve waited 15 years to see, muddled through the train strikes, the football and rugby crowds and general London business and then the show was cancelled because of technical difficulties 😭

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
People talking in the cinema I've paid £12.00 to watch this film and I want to hear every damn word

• Heart
Reactions: 20
People talking in the cinema I've paid £12.00 to watch this film and I want to hear every damn word
Once went to see a film at imax. Bloke behind me was late and then spent the first 10 minutes talking about how amazing the screen was... I was willing to resort to violence 😂
I refuse to go to the cinema now. Too many people, post covid forget that they're not sat at home watching Netflix and chat throughout

Reactions: 13
I can't remember the last time I went to the cinema. People just piss me off when I'm there.

I've got a nice TV and things come online so quick these days. Even the odd time I've paid £15 on Amazon to watch something it's been worth it because I've shared it with family. Films are so long now too. I find the whole cinema experience unpleasant.

Reactions: 14
I can't remember the last time I went to the cinema. People just piss me off when I'm there.

I've got a nice TV and things come online so quick these days. Even the odd time I've paid £15 on Amazon to watch something it's been worth it because I've shared it with family. Films are so long now too. I find the whole cinema experience unpleasant.
I agree. I last went in March 2020, the week before lockdown. So many people took really rustly share bags of crisps and sweets and all i could hear whilst trying to hear the characters talk, was *rustle rustle rustle* and people being fidgety. I’d rather pay to download a film.

Reactions: 9
Periods. Does anyone else feel like a different person when they’re on them? I hate it, the world is an awful place to me but then I get through it and I’m ok.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I usually go if there's something on I want to watch and combine it with a shop at the big retail parks.
Gives me a break halfway through shopping to rest my weary bones 😄
.......and it's lovely and peaceful (generally) during the day.

Reactions: 5
I don't do cinema, and am about to abandon theatre and even concerts. People are cretinous.
same. i gave up on the cinema ages ago - even the barbieheimer thing was full of people taking photos of the screen mid-movie and posting them to twitter.

i love the theatre but am close to stopping that too. it’s so expensive and people just treat it like they’re in their front room and can be on whatsapp or chatting to their family while the show is going on. not to mention the amount of people who show up absolutely steaming drunk.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.