What do you want to rant about today? #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kin job ads..

in the last 5 mins I have clicked on 2 jobs I had saved on LinkedIN.. both of which take you to external websites to apply... the first one pulled from my CV allegedly but didnt pull my recent roles relevant to vacancy but a temp job i did in a solicitors decades ago, my first job and the first one it pulled was the Xmas job i did at Woolies ffs..

the second one linked to a 404 page.

WHY CANT YOU JUST RUDDY WELL APPLY WITH A CV AND COVER LETTER FGS?!!
---
Had a really arsey email from HR as I declined coming in on my day off to assist with an audit, I've offered them my working days/times and advised I can assist during those hours but apparently that's not good enough 🙄

Also, in a work related rant, I asked a manager to review something and get back to me before I left for the day at 3pm. That gave them 4 hours. They've still not looked at it and now I'm gonna be the one who gets it in the neck even though it's something I am not authorised to review, hence having to escalate.
Pretty sure you can't be required to work on your contracted day off... quite shocked at a HR dept doing that

Reactions: 4
Mine is about work. They aren't giving me sick pay and now not authorising holidays so I can get some money!

• Angry
  • Heart
Kin job ads..

in the last 5 mins I have clicked on 2 jobs I had saved on LinkedIN.. both of which take you to external websites to apply... the first one pulled from my CV allegedly but didnt pull my recent roles relevant to vacancy but a temp job i did in a solicitors decades ago, my first job and the first one it pulled was the Xmas job i did at Woolies ffs..

the second one linked to a 404 page.

WHY CANT YOU JUST RUDDY WELL APPLY WITH A CV AND COVER LETTER FGS?!!
---

Pretty sure you can't be required to work on your contracted day off... quite shocked at a HR dept doing that
I'm not. In my experience HR are generally idiots and I hold them in the same contempt as recruitment consultants.

You’re allowed to be annoyed by this. You’re not neurotic and it would of been respectful of him to let you know what happened, as soon as he could, without you having to contact him first. You’re allowed to have a need for communication and have him meet that need. If he’s not willing to meet that need then I’d say that’s a pretty big indication of what will happen in future situations. As you’ve not been together very long perhaps you need to have a conversation about it because he might have no idea he’s upset you or that you need more consistent communication from him.
You're totally right. I know I should have said something, but I didn't and I won't because I'm a coward and would rather just bottle it up than risk being seen as anything other than super laid back and easy going.

I made the same mistake with my husband and when I did finally start bringing things up he acted like I had started hating him.

Reactions: 1
I'm not. In my experience HR are generally idiots and I hold them in the same contempt as recruitment consultants.
to be fair my recruitment consultant is lovely but i get where you are coming from. She is clearly aware how unhappy I am currently and is desperate to help me find a role where I am happy again. She must have told me 5 or 6 times about how upbeat and animated I got when talking about an interview with my previous company..

• Heart
My rant today is minor but still I was annoyed 😆

I go to a toddler group and at the end when everyone helps rosy up there are huge ikea bags of toys so we start packing away and the lady gets very funny with me about putting things in the wrong bags. WELL I could just sit down and watch like everyone else if that would be better?? 😂😠😠😠😠

Our home offer got accepted - but today I noticed a payment in arrears on a catalogue account I stupidly forgot about. I have another missed payment from around a year and a half ago and I'm terrified it'll affect our mortgage application adversely. Really love this house and I'm so painfully annoyed at myself for having forgotten about this account and potentially losing out on it for the sake of a £4.99 postage fee I forgot to pay after my refund.

• Sad
  • Heart
My rant today is just awful people. Some people are absolutely awful and dont seem to realise they are the cause of their own misery. I could list several examples but one example is a neighbour who stands smoking and bitching on the phone about her husband right by my kitchen window.
I agree he's a prick. You can tell by looking at him but for goodness sake woman, either leave him or shut up. I'm sick of hearing about it! OR don't have the chat outside my house!

Reactions: 6
Our home offer got accepted - but today I noticed a payment in arrears on a catalogue account I stupidly forgot about. I have another missed payment from around a year and a half ago and I'm terrified it'll affect our mortgage application adversely. Really love this house and I'm so painfully annoyed at myself for having forgotten about this account and potentially losing out on it for the sake of a £4.99 postage fee I forgot to pay after my refund.
i wouldn’t worry.

i had something similar (for gym, they weren’t providing the proper service so I refused to pay for a few months and it came as arrears on my account)

they didn’t even question it.

they essentially want just want to see if you can afford your monthly payments. Don’t stress yourself

Dangerous drivers!! Some twit came speeding at me on the wrong side of the road, I had to swerve to miss him, narrowly missing parked cars. Absolutely shaken up now, my child was in the car too.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Dangerous drivers!! Some twit came speeding at me on the wrong side of the road, I had to swerve to miss him, narrowly missing parked cars. Absolutely shaken up now, my child was in the car too.
Oh god that’s awful - glad you are okay though. Had someone driving the wrong way up the car park ramp at the weekend at me. Don’t know what got into them. Hope you can relax tonight.

• Heart
Had a really arsey email from HR as I declined coming in on my day off to assist with an audit, I've offered them my working days/times and advised I can assist during those hours but apparently that's not good enough 🙄

Also, in a work related rant, I asked a manager to review something and get back to me before I left for the day at 3pm. That gave them 4 hours. They've still not looked at it and now I'm gonna be the one who gets it in the neck even though it's something I am not authorised to review, hence having to escalate.
Report HR for being unreasonable to,.......ummmmm...... I guess HR?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Sorry - I'm on a one today! Also fed up of my daughter pissing on my sofa every day! I know she has an overactive bladder but I'm constantly reminding her to try for the toilet, she's on medication but honestly it's like she doesn't even try to stay dry at home. She's fine at school, rarely has accidents at her dad's house or anyone else's house. Always mine always always on my sofa.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I got another reply from them (that's my rant, lol, thank you so much "archive" at Gmail!) but I deleted it unread. I can't decide whether I'd like to hammer it out, because I feel like I was nothing but nice to these people and I want them to realise that, as well as just wanting to continue doing the events. But on the other hand, if they were capable of being fair and open-minded, they wouldn't have treated me like this in the first place, so even if I did "win" the argument, all I'd win is the opportunity to keep working with people who behave like this.

I think I'll try and write it off as "I really liked doing those events, it's a shame that the people doing them are tit."

Another follow-up to a rant: a colleague of mine signed up to help me with a big project a few months ago. Even the week before, she was still on board. Then the very morning that the work was about to start, she pulled out, citing that she had family to stay, she didn't think she could afford the time and she was "maxxed out." (This is a paying role, that she applied to.)

Last night, I mulled it over, and in a move of that's very unlike me, I message her: "Just an update: on Wednesday I was told that my father is now comfort measures only end of life treatment. [Manager] tried to refuse me compassionate leave on the next day because they couldn’t get anyone to cover my shift. I still made it to the [project] on Friday. That’s being maxxed out."

Now I'm scared to open my messages, lol. I can't decide if I feel epic or guilty. She never apologised for dropping out and she kind of seemed to suggest that it was me burdening her with an extra job, whereas it was her who applied to me. I have no sympathy with people who over-commit and then let people down - she is in her 50s, she should have learned to manage her time.

So yeah - I'm on a roll with standing up to people, but I'm so unused to it that I feel scared and like everyone hates me, lol.
The last part of this one, probably.

Out of morbid curiosity, I ended up looking at the email from the org I was volunteering for. They're just insane. They are continuing with this very serious wording, like "We have not taken this decision lightly. We based our membership on the comfort and dynamics of the group"... But they've not been able to give me a single example of anything I said or did that made anyone uncomfortable. They're being gaslighty: they want me to believe that I've made someone uncomfortable, but they can't point to anything. It's horrible because just hours before, they were saying they looked forward to seeing me again.

I gave my final reply, in which I said this isn't the way to treat people, and that their behaviour has been so drastic that it's clear there's more to it than they're telling me. I gave em the good old "I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed that you handled it like this."

So yeah, I'm less upset now I realise that they can't even convince themselves that I'm in the wrong, let alone convince me. It's probably something totally stupid like I didn't laugh loud enough at someone's joke and their ego shattered. Weirdos.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
After months of waiting I’ve finally exchanged on my sale and purchase 🙌🏻 Imagine how over the moon I am that a week before I complete the bleeping shower door breaks and needs to be replaced 🙄

• Angry
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Sorry - I'm on a one today! Also fed up of my daughter pissing on my sofa every day! I know she has an overactive bladder but I'm constantly reminding her to try for the toilet, she's on medication but honestly it's like she doesn't even try to stay dry at home. She's fine at school, rarely has accidents at her dad's house or anyone else's house. Always mine always always on my sofa.
Probably not very helpful but could you buy a mattress waterproof protector to put on the sofa? Our dog is incontinent now and it works a treat. Plus I got some big washable pee pads and they are really nice which could also be helpful

Amazon product

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.