What do you want to rant about today? #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Carry on ranting here ....

---
Car insurance.

I was looking online because my renewal is up and it's more than doubled! I'm absolutely livid. Nothing has changed in the year. Absolutely nothing.

I'm not surprised people drive without it and would rather take a fine of £300 and some points if they get caught. Absolute rip off.

Reactions: 11
Waiting and waiting and waiting for an email response.... assured I would be emailed straight after our meeting but nope nothing.... I’ve even called and left a message.

For documents I was assured would be with me this afternoon now not looking likely.... 🤯🤯.

Livid!

Reactions: 4
Waiting and waiting and waiting for an email response.... assured I would be emailed straight after our meeting but nope nothing.... I’ve even called and left a message.

For documents I was assured would be with me this afternoon now not looking likely.... 🤯🤯.

Livid!
Friday afternoon on bank holiday weekend .... No chance.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Picking up on something from the other thread, a few years ago I ended up with an argument with HR when they insisted I add an emergency contact to my personal info.

I put the name of my (then 16 yo) son. Told this isn't appropriate, should be 'a family member over 18'. As the patronising twit from HR put it, 'normally it would be your spouse, but some people put their parents or siblings'

The normally was like a red rag to a bull to me! So I replied pointing out that I didn't have a spouse, or siblings, and my parents died when I was in my 20s. So it would be my son or no one. They backed down.

But honestly, yet another example of stupid policies making single people feel like at best an inconvenience.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 31
Picking up on something from the other thread, a few years ago I ended up with an argument with HR when they insisted I add an emergency contact to my personal info.

I put the name of my (then 16 yo) son. Told this isn't appropriate, should be 'a family member over 18'. As the patronising twit from HR put it, 'normally it would be your spouse, but some people put their parents or siblings'

The normally was like a red rag to a bull to me! So I replied pointing out that I didn't have a spouse, or siblings, and my parents died when I was in my 20s. So it would be my son or no one. They backed down.

But honestly, yet another example of stupid policies making single people feel like at best an inconvenience.
God people need to duck off don’t they. Obv you’d put someone else if you could. Now more than ever people need to be more considerate of others.

Reactions: 9
Today it's my (lovely) Dad. As great as he is he just won't stop sending me WhatsApp conversations he's had with people that day...one message at a time...while I'm at work.

• Haha
I'm in a massively bad mood today, so cue a 2nd rant!

My shoulder/ arm hurt (I probably should have gone to GP by now but I thought it was getting better) I've been looking after a dog all day who is 'a handful' and tbe people next door have been drilling and banging since 8am (i had to apologize on Teams calls because when i came off mute to speak no one could hear me). The noise and my arm meant I've done no work so will have to log on over the bank holiday.

Oh and to top it off some idiot nearly pulled into my car just now because she was too thick to check her mirrors or indicate before moving off from a parked position.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Carry on ranting here ....

---
Car insurance.

I was looking online because my renewal is up and it's more than doubled! I'm absolutely livid. Nothing has changed in the year. Absolutely nothing.

I'm not surprised people drive without it and would rather take a fine of £300 and some points if they get caught. Absolute rip off.
Is home insurance on the up too?. Our renewal has increased a lot despite no claims. We had some work done at Easter and the builder filed a police report because he thought someone had pinched some spades...I later found them in a bush. Would this effect the renewal?

Is home insurance on the up too?. Our renewal has increased a lot despite no claims. We had some work done at Easter and the builder filed a police report because he thought someone had pinched some spades...I later found them in a bush. Would this effect the renewal?
I don't know TBH. All I know is car insurance is just silly money.

Reactions: 2
Took my 3 year old to the library today and it was SO loud. A family had taken a trike and their kids were running riot - screaming, running all over, ramming their trike into things. Another family were also so loud and munching away on a massive share size bag of crisps and chasing the trike family round. My little one likes to sit and read stories and I had to leave because he couldn’t hear me reading.

Told a family member who said I sound like a Victorian for saying libraries are quiet spaces - am I wrong?! I’ve always taught my child to be quiet in a library but apparently this is an old fashioned view and they are there for children to enjoy books and get used to being around books - which is obv but not to use as a play gym at the same time 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 28

picking up from this myself.. and a previous response to my comment about a fire etc.. some ppl ie me just do not have anyone to put as an emergency contact - my family are all dead.. no siblings not that I would put them anyway and my partner lives on another continent.. humans do not all fit into neat little boxes and in 2023 ppl should realise that

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Todays rant well worry really, I have to start one of the 5 immunosuppressive medications for my medical condition. My doctor who is in charge says there’s a possibility I’d end up with skin cancer, is it worth the risk, I’m damned if I do and damned if I don’t. 😞

• Heart
Hippies. Once got the hard sell during my massage. She got these bell thingies out that made a vibrating sound when she hit them. To which I think I was suppose to react to positively? They did nothing for me, they just vibrated 🤷‍♀️
Also asked if I wanted some kind of massage where they don't massage you 😬
No.
I like a hard massage. The type that crack your bones and bruise you 😄 and she was actually great at that 😄
---
Took my 3 year old to the library today and it was SO loud. A family had taken a trike and their kids were running riot - screaming, running all over, ramming their trike into things. Another family were also so loud and munching away on a massive share size bag of crisps and chasing the trike family round. My little one likes to sit and read stories and I had to leave because he couldn’t hear me reading.

Told a family member who said I sound like a Victorian for saying libraries are quiet spaces - am I wrong?! I’ve always taught my child to be quiet in a library but apparently this is an old fashioned view and they are there for children to enjoy books and get used to being around books - which is obv but not to use as a play gym at the same time 🙄
Apparently they aren't like they were where you used to have to whisper and kids had to be quiet. Bit of a change isn't it.

Reactions: 6

I was complaining on another thread about our local library, it has been turned into one of these modern shared space things, and has a coffee bar in the middle of it.

I know I'm old, but the beauty of a library was always the peace and quiet. I love seeing children in libraries enjoying books, but I agree they should do so quietly and respectfully.

Unfortunately in recent years, especially the last decade we seem to have created a world where everyone makes as much noise as possible all the time, and the only ones who ever seem to be told to pipe down are middle aged opinionated women (as a middle aged opinionated woman i am very aware of this!)

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Ugh, I really think I have undiagnosed autism and no one understands me. I have no friends and my family doesn't bother with me and I want to think it's everyone else issue but surely the common denominator is me so what is wrong with me that no one wants to bother with me? I feel like work dumps me where I have anxiety attacks all the time and my his and says things like if you do it more you'll be okay but that isn't How my mind works. I'm sorry I've done a woe-is-me post now

• Heart
Ugh, I really think I have undiagnosed autism and no one understands me. I have no friends and my family doesn't bother with me and I want to think it's everyone else issue but surely the common denominator is me so what is wrong with me that no one wants to bother with me? I feel like work dumps me where I have anxiety attacks all the time and my his and says things like if you do it more you'll be okay but that isn't How my mind works. I'm sorry I've done a woe-is-me post now
No need to apologise at all, we all have different problems and issues right now. I’m the same with the friend situation. They’ve all got children I don’t fit into their circle, I keep myself to myself.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
With you all on libraries. Pretty sure they are still, at least predominantly, places to find, read and study using books and their audio equivalents. Although the last time I was in ours, one librarian could be heard above passing planes and it was mainly full of a particular demographic wanting the internet and then how to photocopy a million documents.

Reactions: 14
Whoever said car insurance I’m with you- over £6k when our quote last year was £2k. We’re going to move providers but it’s still gone to £3k.

rant Is about me- I wish I wasn’t so emotional and had a backbone.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Children on trikes, scooters and bikes indoors make me really cross.

And I got wound up the other day by a waiter who didn't understand that I didn't want a glass of water. I said "no thank you", then he kept saying it was complimentary, and didn't I want the water while I was waiting or in case, or...
No. I did not want any flipping water.

With you all on libraries. Pretty sure they are still, at least predominantly, places to find, read and study using books and their audio equivalents. Although the last time I was in ours, one librarian could be heard above passing planes and it was mainly full of a particular demographic wanting the internet and then how to photocopy a million documents.
I can't face going in my library for long as it's so hot. They must think a stripper's arrived if I stay in their any length of time. 😄
I dress for the weather and feel like passing out in there. Probably explains why I think the librarians are on drugs as they are so spaced out with the heat and talk/drawl really slowly to you.🙄

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.