What do you think of Madonna and what is your favourite Madonna song?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to love Madonna in the 80’s and early 90’s. I think it’s easy to forget what a trailblazer she was. There are so many pop stars that have modelled themselves on Madonna’s blueprint, especially Lady Gaga, which is why I find it quite sad to see her these days. She’s totally lost the plot. Her face looks just awful and she can barely close her eyes and mouth with all the work she’s had done. On the one hand, I can understand why she’s taken that route but on the other I can’t help thinking ‘just give it up, woman’. Women in their twilight years can still be sexy (Helen Mirren and Joanna Lumley for example), but it’s a different kind of sexy that comes from knowing who you are, not inflating your lips to the size of a bouncy castle, snogging 20 year olds and rolling about with your tits and arse out (and I think the same about famous men in their 70’s, before anyone cries sexism. It’s not a good look for anybody).

Reactions: 6
I used to love Madonna in the 80’s and early 90’s. I think it’s easy to forget what a trailblazer she was. There are so many pop stars that have modelled themselves on Madonna’s blueprint, especially Lady Gaga, which is why I find it quite sad to see her these days. She’s totally lost the plot. Her face looks just awful and she can barely close her eyes and mouth with all the work she’s had done. On the one hand, I can understand why she’s taken that route but on the other I can’t help thinking ‘just give it up, woman’. Women in their twilight years can still be sexy (Helen Mirren and Joanna Lumley for example), but it’s a different kind of sexy that comes from knowing who you are, not inflating your lips to the size of a bouncy castle, snogging 20 year olds and rolling about with your tits and arse out (and I think the same about famous men in their 70’s, before anyone cries sexism. It’s not a good look for anybody).
I agree with this. Cher and Dolly Parton both have a decade on Madonna, still make music like Madonna, and (I presume) have had more plastic surgery work done than Madonna but whilst Madonna reeks of desperation, the other two don’t.

Reactions: 3
I can't stand the Erotica/Girlie Show/Bedtime Stories era. A few good songs, one or two beauties like Rain, Take A Bow and Secret, but she just seemed so desperate.

She redeemed herself imho with Ray of Light, Music and Confessions then it all seemed to go downhill again.

My favourite Madonna era by far is 1983 - 1990. So, so good. Just totally perfect pop and she even did a sort of jazz album with I'm Breathless, inspired by the Dick Tracy movie soundtrack, which is criminally underrated.
I played the tit out of I’m Breathless!!!
Great album.

My fave song of hers is Secret. I wish she had grown old gracefully.

sexy that comes from knowing who you are, not inflating your lips to the size of a bouncy castle, snogging 20 year olds and rolling about with your tits and arse out (and I think the same about famous men in their 70’).
You don't see too many older men doing stuff like that, though, other than sometimes snogging younger people!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
God she’s completely lost it and is clearly on something

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
She seemed so much more exciting before she was all over social media.

Now I just want her to calm down and go away.

Reactions: 2
Familiarity breeds contempt. Stars were more remote and heroic-seeming before social media.
That’s because everything was hidden and they didn’t have free reign to show their most intimate/ life moments online.SMhas been a curse for many of them.

Didn't she do the pink hair thing in 1984? Doesn't look so good on someone past sixty.
Yes she’s far removed from her hayday now. But aren’t we all 😅 she looks so old and decrepit in this I wouldn’t be surprised if she has a drink problem

That’s because everything was hidden and they didn’t have free reign to show their most intimate/ life moments online.SMhas been a curse for many of them.

Yes she’s far removed from her hayday now. But aren’t we all 😅 she looks so old and decrepit in this I wouldn’t be surprised if she has a drink problem
I'd bet she has a problem with something. People on Crazy Days And Nights have reckoned it's opiates. I wouldn't be surprised but it's such a shame because she always seemed so health obsessed before.

I'd bet she has a problem with something. People on Crazy Days And Nights have reckoned it's opiates. I wouldn't be surprised but it's such a shame because she always seemed so health obsessed before.
She can’t face getting older like so many of them it’s a shame stardom destroys so many .. love this pic
D65AD7E4-04BC-43DD-AE1D-5F6A92FBBF49.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 2
In terms of her career no one comes quite close. I don't see any originality today just copycats.

Fave song - Dress You Up