Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Can't stand her now, absolutely bonkers, but LOVED her in my youth in the early 80s. Immaculate Collection was the first album I ever owned. Like a Prayer is my favourite song, but not the crappy, tinny version on Immaculate Collection.

Edit. Just had a listen to it for old times sake. Such a great bassline.

The image of her dancing in that burgundy dress in front of the burning crucifixes, so brilliant. Caused so much controversy at the time that video.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Remember when she did that hilariously awful duet with Justin Timberlake? The video reminded me of a drunk auntie dancing with her nephew at a wedding night do.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7

NightCircus

She was good in the 80's but once she started with the "Erotica" stuff she lost it, she's just weird now. Like a Prayer and Dear Jessie are my favourites.
I can't stand the Erotica/Girlie Show/Bedtime Stories era. A few good songs, one or two beauties like Rain, Take A Bow and Secret, but she just seemed so desperate.

She redeemed herself imho with Ray of Light, Music and Confessions then it all seemed to go downhill again.

My favourite Madonna era by far is 1983 - 1990. So, so good. Just totally perfect pop and she even did a sort of jazz album with I'm Breathless, inspired by the Dick Tracy movie soundtrack, which is criminally underrated.

Reactions: 6

monga

VIP Member
Loved her in the 80's but she's resembling a Siamese cat these days minus the intelligence.
0CFBF7C2-E7BB-47E7-BB30-F377C719D8FF.jpeg

• Wow

LittlemissM

VIP Member
I went to the “who’s that girl?” Tour at Wembley, she was brilliant. I liked her old stuff when she had her old face. Don’t like any of the new face music. Did laugh though (I’m evil like that!) when she got her cape caught and fell backwards.. 🤣

• Haha

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
I used to love Madonna in the 80’s and early 90’s. I think it’s easy to forget what a trailblazer she was. There are so many pop stars that have modelled themselves on Madonna’s blueprint, especially Lady Gaga, which is why I find it quite sad to see her these days. She’s totally lost the plot. Her face looks just awful and she can barely close her eyes and mouth with all the work she’s had done. On the one hand, I can understand why she’s taken that route but on the other I can’t help thinking ‘just give it up, woman’. Women in their twilight years can still be sexy (Helen Mirren and Joanna Lumley for example), but it’s a different kind of sexy that comes from knowing who you are, not inflating your lips to the size of a bouncy castle, snogging 20 year olds and rolling about with your tits and arse out (and I think the same about famous men in their 70’s, before anyone cries sexism. It’s not a good look for anybody).

HowlOwl

VIP Member
I loved the whole of the album, Ray of Light. She has had an amazing career, of that there’s no doubt. I do think a lot of the criticism against her now is quite frankly ageist, but she has gone a little strange. I don’t like how she’s often been late for performances or been such a diva and rude.

Reactions: 5

ALittleStrange

I absolutely adored her when I was young, my favourite was True Blue. I definitely think she lost her way, probably trying to keep up with younger performers.

She's definitely a few quinoa rolls short of a buffet and I strongly suspect she is now a hardcore alkie. She was so beautiful when she was younger and her face now is so sad plus the fact that her boyfriend is in his 20's and she's nearly 70. Into the Groove is my favourite, she was at her peak in 'Desperately Seeking Susan' so sassy and gorgeous and before she went all muscly and scary looking.

• Haha

NightCircus

I think she's irrelevant now. I was never a real fan but I think she did some great pop songs. Pop is a young person's game, what 13yr old wants to listen to a 60yr old sing about boys?
She could have aged gracefully and still had a good career performing. Tone the shows down, make it more about the music than the staging...I think she can sing when she puts the effort in and could pull off smaller, less flashy gigs. I don't think she wants that though. She can't seem to accept that she's no longer 30 and just not able to perform huge shows like the Blond Ambition tour anymore. It's sad seeing her so desperate.

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
I liked her when I was a kid in the 80s, less so as a teen in the 90s and these days I think she's coming across as trying way too hard.

My favourite song is probably 'Like a prayer', but anytime I hear it now all I can think of is 'Derry Girls'

Reactions: 4

Miss Havisham

VIP Member
She has morphed into a sort of Pete Burns. I feel this is a shame, as I do think she would have aged quite beautifully, if she had left herself alone.

Reactions: 4

NightCircus

That’s because everything was hidden and they didn’t have free reign to show their most intimate/ life moments online.SMhas been a curse for many of them.

Yes she’s far removed from her hayday now. But aren’t we all 😅 she looks so old and decrepit in this I wouldn’t be surprised if she has a drink problem
I'd bet she has a problem with something. People on Crazy Days And Nights have reckoned it's opiates. I wouldn't be surprised but it's such a shame because she always seemed so health obsessed before.

Reactions: 3

monga

VIP Member
Familiarity breeds contempt. Stars were more remote and heroic-seeming before social media.
That’s because everything was hidden and they didn’t have free reign to show their most intimate/ life moments online.SMhas been a curse for many of them.

Didn't she do the pink hair thing in 1984? Doesn't look so good on someone past sixty.
Yes she’s far removed from her hayday now. But aren’t we all 😅 she looks so old and decrepit in this I wouldn’t be surprised if she has a drink problem

Reactions: 3