What do you think of Madonna and what is your favourite Madonna song?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I went to the “who’s that girl?” Tour at Wembley, she was brilliant. I liked her old stuff when she had her old face. Don’t like any of the new face music. Did laugh though (I’m evil like that!) when she got her cape caught and fell backwards.. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I used to really like her music, style and attitude, she has earned the right to be called a superstar. But I really think it is time for her to retire and think about doing something else with her life. She has secured her place in pop music history, but she risks damaging her legacy with her recent behaviour.
Favourite songs -
Live to tell
Boarderline
Ray of light
Frozen.

Last edited:
I can't stand the Erotica/Girlie Show/Bedtime Stories era. A few good songs, one or two beauties like Rain, Take A Bow and Secret, but she just seemed so desperate.

She redeemed herself imho with Ray of Light, Music and Confessions then it all seemed to go downhill again.

My favourite Madonna era by far is 1983 - 1990. So, so good. Just totally perfect pop and she even did a sort of jazz album with I'm Breathless, inspired by the Dick Tracy movie soundtrack, which is criminally underrated.
I agree, Ray of Light was good, and then she lost it again. I'm Breathless was brilliant.

Did laugh though (I’m evil like that!) when she got her cape caught and fell backwards.. 🤣
Everyone seemed to find it really funny but I don't get why as it looked like a nasty fall and on Jonathan Ross shortly after she talked about how she had to be checked on a lot during the time after to make sure she was okay, so it sounded like she did hurt herself somewhat badly.

I've actually been wondering if that fall has something to do with the way she's sometimes acted like she's out of her mind in the years following. Head injuries can make it seem like you are okay at the time but manifest later on - like when actress Natasha Richardson died.

Reactions: 1
Everyone seemed to find it really funny but I don't get why as it looked like a nasty fall and on Jonathan Ross shortly after she talked about how she had to be checked on a lot during the time after to make sure she was okay, so it sounded like she did hurt herself somewhat badly.

I've actually been wondering if that fall has something to do with the way she's sometimes acted like she's out of her mind in the years following. Head injuries can make it seem like you are okay at the time but manifest later on - like when actress Natasha Richardson died.
She landed on her ass how would that effect her mental state .

I know that my opinion is in the minority, but I have never liked her or her music. she’s also as crazy as a sack of weasels.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Re-read my post - she talked about her head on Jonathan Ross, which is probably on Youtube.
Probably out of embarrassment the vid clearly shows her falling on her ass and then her body goes backwards

• Wow
No doubt about it, she is a living legend and has earned the right to be called one.

With that said, her antics in the last decade or so have turned her into a bit of a joke and she has nobody to blame for them but herself.

The Drake kiss was a particularly embarrassing lowlight

EDIT: oops, forgot to include my favourite Madonna songs: Like a Prayer (the proper version, not the crappy Immaculate Collection version), The Power of Goodbye, Oh Father (so underrated), Frozen and Like A Virgin.

Reactions: 2
She has morphed into a sort of Pete Burns. I feel this is a shame, as I do think she would have aged quite beautifully, if she had left herself alone.

Reactions: 4
I absolutely love her Ray of Light album - it was and still is amazing to listen to.

It's a shame that she didn't fade away while she was on a high. She'll still be performing in a leotard and fishnet stockings in 20 years time with an incontinence pad sticking out :eek:

Reactions: 2
I think she's irrelevant now. I was never a real fan but I think she did some great pop songs. Pop is a young person's game, what 13yr old wants to listen to a 60yr old sing about boys?

Reactions: 3
I think she's irrelevant now. I was never a real fan but I think she did some great pop songs. Pop is a young person's game, what 13yr old wants to listen to a 60yr old sing about boys?
She could have aged gracefully and still had a good career performing. Tone the shows down, make it more about the music than the staging...I think she can sing when she puts the effort in and could pull off smaller, less flashy gigs. I don't think she wants that though. She can't seem to accept that she's no longer 30 and just not able to perform huge shows like the Blond Ambition tour anymore. It's sad seeing her so desperate.

Reactions: 5
Remember when she did that hilariously awful duet with Justin Timberlake? The video reminded me of a drunk auntie dancing with her nephew at a wedding night do.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Loved her in the 80s; Cherish, Borderline and Open your heart. My kids loved her too!

I recall hearing her live on the radio in the 80's,she was out of tune.