What do you have for Breakfast on Xmas Day?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm in Germany and the main deal here is a dinner on Christmas Eve. I'll have my usual breakfast of porridge and coffee, but then a light lunch (sandwich or something) so that I can tuck in during dinner (usually raclette in my family. Highly recommend, nobody needs to be cooking the whole day, everybody finds something).
Next day, probably a bread roll (Brötchen) before it's off for lunch at my grandma's. Also won't eat too much as my gran cooks the most delicious stuff ever and there's never enough room for all her food in me sadly.

Reactions: 2
Boiled eggs with soldiers and an internal fight over whether it's too early for a bailey's coffee 😄

Smoked salmon and cream cheese on bagels or muffins. We eat lunch at 1 but would have been up since 6 so need something decent! People that eat at 4 don't you feel like you miss out on not having turkey sandwiches later or do you still have them but at like 10pm?

Reactions: 3
Croissants, coffee and Buck's Fizz. We usually have lunch at around 2.30 to 3.00 usually too full but might have a turkey sandwich at around 7 or 8.

Croissants for the adults. The kids have gold coins and whatever fun breakfast thing I put in their stocking, this year is pop tarts, last year was those individual pots of lucky charms, basically stuff I would never let them have any other day.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Always croissants, loads of butter and fancy bon maman jam! With heaps of Buck’s Fizz. No idea why but I use it as an opportunity to eat crap I wouldn’t normally any other time of the year!😂

Usually looks something like: ripping open a Selection box whilst the kids are rooting in their sacks at 5/6am with a Coffee or Cup of tea. Fresh Orange Juice, Croissants, Pain Au Chocolats about 8am, then everyone digs into a tower of BLT’s & Sausage Sarnies 11.30/12, Christmas dinner isn’t until 5.30 so that sets us up for the day with picking at Pringles & Matchsticks in between!
Woah! That’s late for a Christmas dinner! We have ours around 2/3! In time for turkey sandwiches around 8/9 because I’m greedy 😂

Reactions: 1
The rest of the family have a fry while I’m sitting there with my bowl of Weetabix 😂 and that’s me until the fist tin of biscuits is opened. Then all hell breaks loose 🍪 🍫 🥧 🍬

We’ve always had our Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve (so that nobody has to spend all day cooking in the kitchen on Christmas Day) My parents started it when I was wee and I still do it now.
So big breakfast of pancakes and bacon and fruits etc and then leftovers and snacking all day Christmas Day
I’m not going to lie but that sounds amazing! If I didn’t have family over this year I think I’d like to do this. I could actually just enjoy Christmas rather than being stuck in the kitchen!

• Heart
If staying home then Baileys coffee, handful of Twiglets and chocolate from selection box

if going to family then bacon roll and normal coffee because they don’t eat Xmas dinner till late pm

I’m not going to lie but that sounds amazing! If I didn’t have family over this year I think I’d like to do this. I could actually just enjoy Christmas rather than being stuck in the kitchen!
We usually do a lot of the cooking the day before. All the meat is pre done, veg is peeled and prepped etc.

Then on the day the veg goes in the steamer, roasts & pigs in the oven and the rest just gets warmed.

obviously it’s not for everyone because some would prefer it totally fresh on the day and that’s fine, but we find this way so much easier for us!

Crumpets and Jam
Or if I’m feeling really festive I start heavy on the ritz crackers and cheese 🧀 because it’s Christmas and that’s what baby Jesus would have wanted on his birthday!

I don’t have any breakfast cos my mum makes a huge dinner and I wouldn't have room for it if I didn't fast. :ROFLMAO:

don't mind me just feeling festive and bringing every christmas thread to life 😂

we usually have so many cookies by christmas that we end up having them for breakfast and saving ourselves for the big lunch

Depends. If we are spending Christmas in our own house or with my parents we just have a bit of toast or cereal. We are past the Santa stage in our house so up, open a few presents, bite to eat, dress and go to Mass.
If we are spending Christmas with my inlaws, they go to Mass on Christmas eve, so Christmas morning is a more relaxed affair so people appear at various stages of the morning and there's usually a big plate of cooked bacon and sausages for everyone to help themselves.
In all cases, Christmas dinner is served around 1/2pm.