What Are Your Hobbies?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bit OT so sorry but quite a few of you have mentioned yoga. I really want to like it and get into it to increase my flexibility and hip strength which is currently awful. I'm also quite a stressy person and it's been recommended to me plus I know people who swear by it.

However every time I try it I end up feeling more frustrated than I started. I either find it boring and too slow or hippy dippy, but then if I try a faster style like power yoga I struggle to keep up. It's like I'm not quite a beginner but not good enough yet to be intermediate. I also finish feeling like I've strained my neck and shoulders even more.

Any tips?
I'm exactly the same! I simply cannot be mindful! Someone recommended pilates to me as a solution, but I'm yet to try it!

I used to love sitting down with a cup of tea on Saturday mornings to go through my favourite blogs in early 2010s but that blogging scene is pretty much dead. I also watch Youtube, obviously, but I don't know if I would consider it a hobby as it's become more of a mind numbing routine to tune out the anxiety haha
I used to love reading blogs too when they were just like diaries of what people got up to but now there's this whole influencer culture and every blog post is an ad and filled with items they got for free. I now only read 3 or 4 blogs that have stuck to that original style of "Here's what I've been up to"

Reactions: 4
does anyone else tend to get a bit depressed when they don't have time for their hobbies?
We have been doing a lot of home improvements lately and have finally finished. But it has of course meant my cross stitch and crocheting have been packed away and of course not had time to do them.
This weekend is my first Sunday off work in a long time and the first weekend DH won't be doing DIY chores so we are going to flump on the sofa, him on his PS4 and me with my cross stitch, chilled wine and beers and relax!
Can't wait to be re-united with my hobbies 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Ballet, learning languages, amateur dramatics (pre-COVID I'd recently played Lucy Westenra in a stage adaptation of Dracula)

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I have a blog but I'm no influencer. I just love writing about books and films, sharing my travels (I also love photography which ties in) and lifestyle pieces. I sometimes do outfits posts as well, but rarely show anything current season. Remember when blogs were just about showing your outfit or favourite things because you like them, and not because you're trying to make money through affiliate links/ads? I'm trying to keep the old-school-style blogging alive!

I'd also love to write for a living, would love to be an author. As someone said earlier about there being a novel in all of us; well, I wish I could find mine, as I can never think of what to write about! 😩 I'm so envious of influencers getting book deals.

I've recently started Couch to 5K, and I love reading. I also really enjoy watching films and TV shows, and browsing online, but not sure if they count as hobbies...! This thread's also reminded me of how much I enjoyed jigsaw puzzles and I've been meaning to get some adult colouring books, so I'll maybe start those.

• Heart
Used to really love going to the theatre although I had to mostly stop entirely long before Covid as the prices are absolutely obscene and my health declined too much for me to want to make the nearly 2 hour journey from where I live to London. Luckily there is Youtube and lots of "slime tutorials", and I have friends who can always help me access shows too...it's not the same but I'm very grateful for it anyway.

Aside from that I really love films/film study, watching too much tv, reading and when I can getting out into nature and just appreciating the beauty of the outdoors. I have a cat who keeps me busy too and I love writing when the inspiration/motivation is there.

One thing I want to do is exercise more and get a keener interest in nutrition as I know it would make me feel a lot better, so I'm starting on that too.

Reactions: 2
I'm exactly the same! I simply cannot be mindful! Someone recommended pilates to me as a solution, but I'm yet to try it!

I’ve been doing yoga and Pilates for about a year and absolutely love them both. I’m not a mindful hippy type either, but neither is my instructor, we do our classes via Zoom and have a good old natter. I do freestyle fitness yoga. I think the trick is finding a class with a style that suits you.

Both yoga and Pilates have resulted in my strength increasing massively, I love it.

• Heart
I enjoy Pole Dancing, Aerial Silks, Aerial Hoop, Flexibility, and anything Cirque. Luckily it's also my job.

I love languages and studying for qualifications, which surprises me because I hated school.

Been a dancer for 42 years so I like playing around with merging different dance disciplines.

Treated myself to a 3D printer today so I am excited to start playing with that. I love using machines such as my beloved laser engraver and can't wait to discover what I'll be able to make with the 3D printer.

I was looking at my comments on this thread from over 3 years ago.

I still don't really have any hobbies.

Still like general knowledge/ trivia. I'd like to be part of a pub quiz team.

I'm into classic cars . Not in the position to have my own but I can look at them / spectate at shows / read about them .

I like historic buildings, so hoping to visit some different places this year.

Sitting alone to recoup is one of my favourite passtimes , and it is good for my wellbeing.

I was looking at my comments on this thread from over 3 years ago.

I still don't really have any hobbies.

Still like general knowledge/ trivia. I'd like to be part of a pub quiz team.

I'm into classic cars . Not in the position to have my own but I can look at them / spectate at shows / read about them .

I like historic buildings, so hoping to visit some different places this year.

Sitting alone to recoup is one of my favourite passtimes , and it is good for my wellbeing.
You do have hobbies! Maybe more so things you find interesting but these are good and you could really find people to share this with, if you want

Reactions: 1