What are you watching right now? #16

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lost boys and fairies on BBC. Last episode tonight. Fabulous series.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Just finished Masters of the Air, appletv. That was incredibly emotional, bawling my eyes out now!

They must always be remembered
I adored this . There is a documentary about the real stories and people behind the tale and that’s worth a watch too

I've not heard of this before but I've just watched the trailer and it looks intriguing. Does it actually have a good storyline or is it more just about the comedy?
It’s both. I wasn’t too sure but loved it. The storyline is great, the comedy isn’t slap stick.
I found that if you can make it through the first 2 or 3 episodes and that one over-the-top character it settles down into a great story.
Worth sticking with.

I found that if you can make it through the first 2 or 3 episodes and that one over-the-top character it settles down into a great story.
Worth sticking with.
I've watched the first two episodes so far. I know who you mean and WOW! She is hard work! I'm glad that the main character is likeable and playing it 'straight', as it were, or it'd all be a bit too much and I doubt I could've made it this far TBH!

I see that it's been described as a spoof Broadchurch. It reminds me a little of an Aussie-set "Bodkin" but with "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" style humour.

I'm enjoying it but need to be in the right mood to cope with the OTT one! 😆

• Haha
I've watched the first two episodes so far. I know who you mean and WOW! She is hard work! I'm glad that the main character is likeable and playing it 'straight', as it were, or it'd all be a bit too much and I doubt I could've made it this far TBH!

I see that it's been described as a spoof Broadchurch. It reminds me a little of an Aussie-set "Bodkin" but with "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" style humour.

I'm enjoying it but need to be in the right mood to cope with the OTT one! 😆
Stick with it.
I honestly wonder how many viewers switched off after a couple of episodes, I know we nearly did 😬

Reactions: 3
Stick with it.
I honestly wonder how many viewers switched off after a couple of episodes, I know we nearly did 😬
Yeah, I wouldn't blame them! My OH has taken a shine to Kevin so we'll stick with it! 😂

I am intrigued to find out what happens though. Glad to hear that the pay off is worth it!

Ditto though there was parts I really enjoyed with the character in the earlier episodes, I think the change from e3 onwards brought it into a new space, I NEED SEASON 2

Cycling through Keeping up Appearances (my ultimate fav!), Are You Being Served?, and Only Fools and Horses. Classic Britcoms are the tv equivalent of comfort food lol. :giggle:💕

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The Thin Blue Line . Classic 90s sitcom just added to Netflix.

Shocked to discover only 14 episodes were made in total. Felt like loads at the time

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Shocked to discover only 14 episodes were made in total. Felt like loads at the time
DI Grim is one of the most underrated characters ever.

'cause you know what'll happen Raymond, don't you - it'll be your cock up - my arse!

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

---
Fake or Fortune

I've never watched it before. Really interesting.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
DI Grim is one of the most underrated characters ever.

'cause you know what'll happen Raymond, don't you - it'll be your cock up - my arse!

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

---
Fake or Fortune

I've never watched it before. Really interesting.
Oh, i absolutely loved The thin blue line.
DI Grim!
A legend in his own lunchtime!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
The Thin Blue Line was one of the funniest shows ever made! 'Your cock up, my arse' was comedy genius.
---

Thanks for the Netflix tip. (y)

Reactions: 4