What are you cooking for dinner? #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm finally home from hospital so I'm treating myself to an Indian takeaway. Been thinking about this all week...

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Sweet and sour chicken. Family favourite in our house and that makes me happy because everyone wolfs it down. Will serve with naan, poppadoms and prawn crackers.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Tempted to get a takeaway as I’ve been hungover and vomming all morning and so far have only eaten a bagel… need me some grease!

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Homemade sausage with a mix of homemade and shop bought salads.

Can't edit. Obviously that should be homemade sausage ROLLS.
Ooh they look really nice - do you have a recipe?

For me tonight - ancho chilli pork mince with onions, sweetcorn and mushrooms.

Reactions: 2
Ooh they look really nice - do you have a recipe?

For me tonight - ancho chilli pork mince with onions, sweetcorn and mushrooms.
You don't even need a recipe because I cheat with bought puff pastry 😂

A packet of puff pastry
Sausages - mine were honey & mustard from Aldi. The 6 pack chunky ones, but use whatever ones you want. The chunky one are better though, as the thinner ones tend to get a bit lost and leave you with some empty pastry.
Secret ingredient ;) - some chutney. You can used whatever you want. I used a mix of mango, caramelised onion and fig& apple.
A beaten egg.

The pastry comes on a sheet of baking paper so I find that the easiest way to do it is to roll the pastry (keep it on the sheet) out on a baking tray. (Well, I say "roll", but I just mean unfold, then cut it in half horizontally and add your chutneys in the middle (I did roughly a third of the pastry with each chutney)
Pop on your sausages but make absolutely sure that you have REMOVED the skin first, then brush the edges of the pastry with beaten egg and fold the top over the sausages to meet with the bottom edge and squish down the edges with a fork. Then before cutting, poke with a fork to let the air out and cut into whatever size you want, then brush top with beaten egg and they take about 30 minutes at 200c in a pre heated oven.

This makes 16 of the size ones I have in the picture, but you could do 6 or 8 medium sized ones or 4 huge ones.

They're nice cold the next day too.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.