Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Moongirl69

VIP Member
I used to frequently make stuffed baked peppers stuffed with seasoned rice, tomatoes, mushrooms and cheese. Sometimes used to put tuna in. It was one of my favourite meals. Very retro. Must revisit.
It's so easy and tasty. I try to have a few vegetarian meals in the week so this was perfect! Hope you enjoy when you have it again.

Blahblah93

VIP Member
Make the batter - 140g flour, 2 large eggs, salt pepper and half teaspoon mustard powder, whisk in milk until it’s smooth - then, and this is the important bit, leave in the fridge for at least an hour.
Put 10 sausages and a good glob of light olive oil in a roasting tray for 15 mins at about 190, add the batter then cook for about another 30 mins. You can check after 20 mins, it won’t sink.

Sorry it’s not more accurate but it’s been a trial and error thing. Resting the batter in the fridge seems to trump all the other advice for me though.
Nice one! Thanks for that. Gonna try it out

Mustard

VIP Member
Amy’s‘s Kitchen canned veggie chilli with flatbreads and yogurt. Wanted something quickly. I stockpiled a lot of them during the pandemic but haven’t been able to find any since then. 🙁

Mustard

VIP Member
Oh ok, thanks. I'll give that website a look. It's so easy now to find recipes, even YouTube can be very beneficial for showing different dishes being made. Do you ever bother with cook books? There's a few chefs I like who have brought out cookbooks, but not sure whether they are worth it with so many free online recipes to follow these days.
I have a lot of cookbooks but hardly look at them now.

Twirliegirlies

The husband and youngest adult son had pizza and boneless ribs and garlic bread. And I had a tin of heinz chicken and mushroom soup.

Moongirl69

VIP Member
Roast beef and gammon (realised yesterday the beef joint isn't big enough)
Potato croquettes with lots of veg and gravy.

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
Go to Budget Bytes site and you will find it. You need yogurt, mustard, onion, chickpeas, curry powder, for the dressing. I love her site. It’s American.
Ok, appreciate it. I got a bag of garam masala in my cupboard and no idea what the appropriate way to use it would be. Curried chickpeas is a good idea.