Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

nbt

VIP Member
We’re having Chinese. Even the youngest shouted, “did someone order a Chinese?!” earlier 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2

nbt

VIP Member
A freezer mix tonight before the food shop, so patatas bravas, salt and chilli chicken and salad.

• Heart

101d

VIP Member
An interesting one tonight... Balinese style ayam betutu chicken with rice!

Sardine

Chatty Member
Has anyone tried steak and kidney pudding, I used to love it. Have cut down now as it's very unhealthy.
Yup! Guilty pleasure though. My partner loves the ones in a tin. Think they're Fray Bentos.

We're having oven pizza and garlic bread

Reactions: 1

Mustard

VIP Member
Courgette (or marrow) with the middle scooped out and filled with a bolognese sauce or similar. Can have cheese on top. Roasted in oven.

photo not mine but looks like this
Have you ever stuffed the round squash like acorn? I usuallly cut them in half and put butter in them and roast upside down if not stuffed.

• Heart

Mustard

VIP Member
Sounds good. That's ok, I just googled chickpea curry and the site you mentioned came up. I was browsing that one and the BBC one too. I hear creamed spinach is nice too, so might look into that as well. I just like to find new simple recipes to try out. Switches things up a bit, rather than the same old dishes.
Have a look at the Simply Recipes site too. I make their banana bread (including the chocolate version) all the time. It’s economical too, only 1 egg, not a lot of sugar.
In the first lockdown, I used rapeseed oil instead of butter and it was a great substitute.