What are the worst presents you've received?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I will sound ungrateful here but...
-A champagne gift set - expensive bottle + glasses
-White Company pjs
-Expensive perfume instead of the one I actually love
-Molton Brown every birthday/Christmas
-Jewellery I would never wear

I’m sure these are ideal gifts for some people but they were all from my ex and he would buy them because they were from X shop rather than because he knew I’d like them. I don’t drink, I like comfy Primark pjs etc just didn’t know me at all. He would rather spend £50 on a candle instead of adding to my Pandora or buying something useful.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
I asked my ex for a foot massager, I got a dancing flower in a pot also he told me he was taking me out for an anniversary meal so I got all dressed up with heels etc, we ended up on the A road in a muddy lay by at a burger van.
I'm struggling to understand why he's your ex 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 52
A grow your own herbs kit “because I like cooking” (hate any kind of gardening), - with three herbs I don’t like, a really cutesy white picket fence type look when we live in a really modern apartment with no windowsills for it to fit on.
Plastic monkey dolls (twins a boy and girl) but with real hair - they were from a Sunday supplement. The creepiest things ever. Bought because as a child I used to say I’d love a pet monkey 😐

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Oh way back one of my kids gave me a book for Christmas -
Katie Price - Standing Out.
"Katie's guide to looking good, living life and being happy..."
I'm not sure where they got the idea that I wanted style tips from Katie but the thought was there! 🤣🤣

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
Bath bombs from my MIL not being ungrateful but when she's buying her son expensive aftershave and I get a little bag of bath bombs it's a bit of a piss take.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
A toilet brush from my ex 😂 to make matters worse it was a basic one from Tesco and he had brought him self (and wrapped) a £80 musto jumper!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Cheap Royal Jelly gift set
An Ironing board.
Set of Can't Cook Won't Cook books still with the Oxfam £1.50 price tag on.

My ex MIL loved dropping hints I wasn't a perfect housewife.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
My mother in law gave me eye makeup remover for Christmas. I thought that was really nice and thoughtful so the next time I saw her I told her I tried it and really liked it. She said someone had gifted it to her and it burned her eyes 😐

My husband bought me a memory card for my camera for Valentine's day, how romantic...😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
A plastic Harry Potter wand that did nothing but light up when you shook it - so, essentially, a torch. I was 24. It was a Christmas present from my ex. We’d been together for approx. 7 years at the time. He’d left it until Christmas Eve as usual to go trawling through the shops before deciding on the torch and then buggering off to get pissed in the pub with his mates and woke me up at 5am steaming drunk (I had a 12hr shift starting at 8) and handed me that. He’s lucky I didn’t stick it up his shitter. We broke up a couple of months later (not just because of the torch).

The best of it is, when I asked him why he thought that was an appropriate gift (I’d bought him great gifts that I knew he’d love and put lots of effort and thought in) his response was, “Well I thought it was one of those ones you could turn the TV channel over with.” So essentially, a universal remote. Like that was any better! 😂 FML

• Haha
Reactions: 38
My sis in law used to buy me cook books ...I swear it was a sly dig. She bought me British bake off and Paul Hollywood crap.. her cakes are a pile of undercooked pile of tit. Not blowing my trumpet but I get asked to bake cakes , my carrot cake is well known and my brownies are the dogs bollocks.

Anyway I used to have a obligatory slice of birthday cake she made, but left most of it 🤮 . Last year the cake was amazing and I kept on saying this is fantastic, your best ever , recipe please....she looked so pissed with me......then I saw the fecking cake box from M&S😂

• Haha
Reactions: 30
An ex boyfriend would buy me things he wanted and knew I was too polite / nervous to say I didn’t like or want the present so he essentially ended up with two sets of gifts... his and mine. Annoyingly we would also write lists of things we would like or find useful, which was always ignored by him. Same ex who used to set the limit I had to spend as double as I earnt more than him.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Actually thinking about it, another Christmas my mother in law got me a pestle and mortar and when I opened it declared that it has never been used....

• Haha
Reactions: 7
This Christmas I got a cosmetic/make-up bag which looks like it's aimed for 13 year olds (it is a shiny cat-looking chihuahuas head with a pretty pink bow). I'm turning 30 this year. It is from my aunt though, she's never had children so I think she's just never known what is appropriate to get age-wise (but then again.. I'm not a child..). She also got me a necklace which is not the type of jewellery I wear. I like delicate and dainty. It is big and showy.

A garlic wheel 🤷‍♀️
Now that's the sort of gift I would appreciate. 😁 Useful household tools I would actually use!

Reactions: 1
A plastic Harry Potter wand that did nothing but light up when you shook it - so, essentially, a torch. I was 24. It was a Christmas present from my ex. We’d been together for approx. 7 years at the time. He’d left it until Christmas Eve as usual to go trawling through the shops before deciding on the torch and then buggering off to get pissed in the pub with his mates and woke me up at 5am steaming drunk (I had a 12hr shift starting at 8) and handed me that. He’s lucky I didn’t stick it up his shitter. We broke up a couple of months later (not just because of the torch).

The best of it is, when I asked him why he thought that was an appropriate gift (I’d bought him great gifts that I knew he’d love and put lots of effort and thought in) his response was, “Well I thought it was one of those ones you could turn the TV channel over with.” So essentially, a universal remote. Like that was any better! 😂 FML
‘Stick it up his shitter’ 🤣👏

• Haha
Reactions: 13