What are the worst presents you've received?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My brothers wife got my mum a toilet roll holder for her birthday one year 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I know a few eccentrics so I’ve got some odd gifts over the years but tend to forget about them

The recent worsts are boring... a bath bomb from someone who knew I didn’t have a bath, and a teapot when I specifically requested ‘something useful’. They know I rarely drink tea and when I do I get on just fine with a teabag and a cup. Can’t even use it for display as it’s got an ugly farmyard cartoon on it, also I’m not eighty :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Ex bf's Mum got us a duvet set in a very specific print with a missing pillowcase...she got a discount because it was missing and announced it as I was opening it!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Oh way back one of my kids gave me a book for Christmas -
Katie Price - Standing Out.
"Katie's guide to looking good, living life and being happy..."
I'm not sure where they got the idea that I wanted style tips from Katie but the thought was there! 🤣🤣
I actually used to style myself with this book as a teen 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
A dinner set with 2 cups missing and a handmade scrabble picture thingy with the word family where the y had fallen off.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Every year when we were kids, my Nana would buy us a bar of soap, roll on deodorant and a face cloth for Christmas. We always laughed and wondered if she meant to put them in her annual Shoe Box Appeal instead (shoebox donated to children in third world countries filled with essentials).

On another note, a work colleague told me at Christmas past that her SIL bought her daughter (12) a pair of reusable period pants. I had to google them as I had no idea they were even a thing, apparently they absorb everything with no need for sanitary ware. Totally bizzare gift for a child who you see infrequently throughout the year and aren't close to. She bought both of her brothers toys, and pre warned her not to open her present in front of them.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
Not me, but my partner’s grandma usually buys him some kind of crap David Beckham or Lynx deodorant set for Christmas. Then one year she randomly bought him a full-size (well over a metre in length!) bamboo rain stick. 😂 I have no idea why.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Not my gift, but this amused me a lot. My BIL is an autistic adult, his gifts are always very quirky which we love. He is a big fan of gadgets. For Christmas he got my son (4 years old and also autistic himself) a self stirring mug. He doesn’t drink tea (or any other hot drinks due to SPD) but he loves using it for his milk. 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Katie price and Peter Andre duets cd 😱
I thought it was a joke but then my mum said dad had bought it assuming I really liked them because they were regularly on the cover of magazines I bought (I was about 17) 😂

A bottle of red wine from a work colleague, about half had been already been drunk 😳

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
A glow in the dark magic set.
I don't have an interest in magic...definitely not practising it in the dark.

It was from a colleague at work...who maybe thought I dabbled in dark arts and got the wrong end of the wand?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
When I was pregnant with my 1st baby, a lady in her 60’s who I worked with gifted me a baby bag which was dirty and absolutely stank of fags 🤢 in it was 2 baby bottles, they were those cheap ones you get from the chemist and 3 bottles of HALF USED Johnson’s baby stuff and half used talc 😩😩😩 honestly we didn’t know if it was some sort of joke 😩

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I dread opening birthday and Christmas presents now, I don’t mean to sound ungrateful but I get some right random gifts. The thing that annoys me the most though is when I get bought chocolates or food that I can’t eat due to my allergies 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 9
When I was like twelve I got a wooden cheap foot roller massager thing that looked like a toy car... from Boots I think it was. I was like errrrrrm?! My mother got the same gift so think it was part of a buy 2 get 1 free gifting sets.

Regifts can be fine (I regift bottles of wine) but you have to 1) ensure the item is pristene as though you just bought it 2) you get a new gift bag rather than a dented shabby gift bag that has clearly been carted about 3) that it is actually desirable and appropriate for the gift recipient.

I got a large pair of mansize gloves in the secret santa when I am female and have visibly small hands. Straight to the charity shop.

Reactions: 6
MIL keeps buying me stainless steel teapots apparently my le creuset one is not big good enough for her but my mugs are all too big 😂
Also got strange microwaveable slipper socks from office KK following year I got a teddy bear version I’m 40 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I have loads I can mention that my MIL gifts me. But one of the funniest was a couple of years ago when my OH came home and was sniggering. He’s like “my mum bought you a necklace for xmas but she told me its not tat as it’s almost diamonds”
WTF does that even mean? And omg when I opened the gift it was so ugly. It looked like it came from primark, really blingy and just hideous 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Husband bought me OK magazine that came with a free inflatable drinks holder - he wrapped it up separately. Last xmas i got new high heeled boots, considering we have been together for 17 years and i have only ever worn flat boots as im tall - he thinks he does well with buying presents for me. 😃

• Wow
Reactions: 6
One year I had my hair all cut off into a pixie cut. Got bought some curling tongs for my birthday. Then they was very disappointed I didn’t use them?! Would have burnt my scalp 😂
MIL is a ‘joker’ and the past three years we’ve received - a card with a teabag stuck inside , a card with £1 inside with a note saying ‘have a brew on me’ then the ultimate one, a condom.
We’re lesbians.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17