Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tookster

Chatty Member
I think commenting on someone’s looks and claiming they have anorexia is a bit much considering she has asked people not to talk on her appearance
AG clearly has an eating disorder no matter what bullshit she says to her fans. It’s a gossip site, not a fan club

Reactions: 8

Mark81

VIP Member
In the heights is a million times better on stage than on film. The film bored me

Also didn't understand the greatest showman hype either

Reactions: 7
Weirdly, there's a scene in Sheridan's' apartment with a sofa and shes puts a big handbag down next to it. When the crew picked up the sofa to take it off stage her handbag fell over and an actual foil-wrapped creme egg fell out and rolled under where the sofa had been, so the crew removing the sofa didn't see it. And it then sat on full view in the middle of the stage floor for the whole of the next scene until one of the actors diverted his exit to pick it up and put it in his pocket. Was it a secret snack for Sheridan? Is it her actual handbag? crew playing a trick on her? a weird "easter egg" in-joke that I didn't get? (I mean the play is set on Broadway, where they don't have creme eggs). Pondering why there was a creme egg in the middle of the stage was one of the highlights of the performance.
Sheridan Smith’s crème egg is the sort of piping hot tea I’m here for! 😁

• Haha

Thank you for your review! Relieved to hear you enjoyed the production ...not so relieved to hear the pricey seats aren't worth it. I would ask for tickets every birthday as a child as I was obsessed with it, so when it was announced I went all in getting the best possible seats. Regret that decision now though as it was so expensive.

Perhaps I'm in the minority as a slightly older fogie compared to younger audience's sensitivities but I don't like too many changes for changes sake, especially when the reasoning behind them is political correctness. I think the majority of paying audiences are far hardier than we're given credit for and acknowledge it's not real life if Greaseball is being a misogynistic jerk or a train(!) is whistling at another....

Even having Control on stage throughout to literally show us its a child's dream seems quite dumbed down and perhaps a bit of an insult to the audiences intelligence. I "got it" as an 8 year old, so I think people would have understood with this production too.

Would rather a new musical be created than an original being tampered with so much it is almost beyond recognition.

(I feel the same about the new production of Les Mis and them getting rid of the iconic revolve too but I'll save that rant for another day 😄)

Last edited:

LydiaDeetzHat

VIP Member
OMG Hey! Too late for me to get into London but if anyone wants to take one for the team someone is offering their Premium seat for Mickey Jo Theatre tonight for free on IG

• Haha
  • Sick

kev1974

VIP Member
I saw Stranger Things last night, bloody hell that was long and drawn out. Nice special effects and the main guy was good, that's about the only good thing I have to say about it, the rest could have done with some serious editing and trimming!

Had forgotten how dreadful that theatre is for toilet provision (for males anyway!) and curses upon the venue management for selling large tubs of popcorn. nearly all of the second half I had to suffer a woman noisily snuffling her way through what seemed to be an endless vat without a care for the rest of the rear stalls, constant noise from her trotter diving in to the tub and pushing the contents round and round and then chomping noise every so often :mad:

• Haha

historyobliterates

I’m totally in the minority but I love The Greatest Showman. Yes it has its flaws but I just love it. I cry every time it starts with The Greatest Show opener and then again with it closes with From Now On. Is it the best film ever made? No, but that doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy every minute…. apart from Never Again which is just an awful song!
I second this. We can be in the minority together.

• Heart
Seen a few comments on theatreboard and Twitter that the next cast that were due to start in a few months found out via the What’s On Stage article - it definitely is just like Bad Cinderella if that’s true

• Sad

LydiaDeetzHat

VIP Member
Theatreboard is like that unfortunately, if you don't like the 'in fashion" show then you're in the wrong and an idiot. Ceebee is known for that, they obsessively defended For One Day
gosh i have a feeling I wouldnt last 5 mins over there. I thought Operation Mincemeat was mid and Six is massively overhyped/overrated for what is effectively a girl band pop gig

The Glasgow Pavilion used to be a very competitively priced night out. Tickets were rarely over £30. Definitely not near £40. Since its changed ownership to the Trafalgar group, the prices have went though the roof. You're lucky if you can find a ticket under £35.

Even their panto tickets are shocking. The tickets used to be cheaper with lots of 2-4-1 deals. And that's what worries me. Generations of theatre goers start by going to the panto. If they're priced out the panto how will kids experience live theatre???
Our local is Trafalgar Group now too, council owned theatre, run by them. The touring productions have gone up from around £30 a ticket to £50 a ticket, and no lower rates for the weekday performances where there is no way it'll sell out. The Panto is outregeous (especially for the poor quality it was last time I saw it!)

• Wow

Phil I Buster

VIP Member
Seems like Summer is going the controversial rant route these days.

Why now? It's not like it's a current show. She even mentions the original, so she's not even talking about the most recent production.

If its true then obviously its not great, but she only seems to have done this type of ranting since her roles dried up.

View attachment 2872305
“Let’s call it out”. Yes let’s. At the time. Otherwise what’s the point?

Mark81

VIP Member
Yesh because a vanity project one man show in a tiny theatre is the same as producing a major musical production

• Haha

VicksterIcon

Chatty Member
Wicked became my favourite show in the West End after Miss Saigon closed. I've seen Wicked many times (with Alistair Brammer as Fiyero - swoon!) and absolutely love it BUT I also think it does drag in the middle. For Good makes me tear up whenever I hear it and is the stand out track for me. I will watch the film but won't bother going to the cinema - will wait for it to hit Sky Cinema.

Mark81

VIP Member
Saw Come From Away tour this week. WOW!! What a show!! Haven't loved a show like this in many years. Preferred it to the hyped Hamilton tbh

• Heart

lilyannrose

VIP Member
It looks atrociously bad to me. Worse than a sixth form college project. What have they done to the costumes? Why do they look more like space worms than trains?

I knew it was going to be a "new" production, so I've kept an open mind as much as possible. But when you compare the clips doing the rounds on Youtube and TikTok to the productions of the 1990s and 1980s, oh how the mighty have fallen. What an absolute shame. Because even on a budget in a smaller theatre you can do better than that but someone wanted this to be the next Six and so we've got... this.

I am so grateful I saw the show at the Apollo Victoria in the early 00s before it closed. I will never forget it, it was utterly mesmerising. Also tickets were affordable and I had the best seats both times. I feel for people not getting to experience theatre like that.
---
I haven’t watched his video, but I read elsewhere that he was at the invited dress, which is why he was able to get a video up so early
I did wonder, it seems impossible otherwise.
---
Political correctness and wokery gone too far. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!
To a point I've got no issue with older shows updating their books/lyrics when it would be jarring for the older content to still be there.

Poppa becoming Mama is the change that pissed me off most of all. Just shameless box ticking and no more than that. Poppa was such a beautifully rich role for a black male actor/singer and as someone said those are still quite rare in theatre. I also just personally would not be as moved by the songs with them sung in a female voice, it is the worst kind of change for change's sake and virtue points incident.

In all, I've found Starllight Express a let down for many years. Even the Bochum production has been ruined with things like the above, terrible costume changes and constant tinkering with lyrics and characters.

Update stuff when it makes sense, sure, but I weep at what's happened to Starlight since the 2010s or so.
---
I believe the change to Ashley thr Smoking Car was due to the smoking ban being brought in for the UK.

And if I remember correctly, they had managed to get Reva Rice to sign on to do the Bochum shows hence the change from Poppa to Momma.

I did watch some of Mickey Jo Theatre's blog, I don't mind the gender changes (I didn't see the show in the 80s because I'm too young but did manage to see the show before it closed on the west end the first time). If a simple gender change offends y'all and if Mickey Jo Theatre is correct in the other character changes he's mention then maybe the revival of the show isn't something you wish to go and see.
Not "offended" in the least. I just think the Poppa to Mama thing specifically is utterly pointless and takes something away from those songs and the mentor/student relationship between Poppa and Rusty. Just my personal opinion. But it's laughable to suggest someone is "offended" because they don't like a thing or wonder how it will work.
---
(I really hate the way this forum handles someone adding new comments to the threads - I'd hate to think people "like" a post I make because they initially agree, then their "like" is still there when I've added to it and they might no longer agree... Tattle is the only forum I've seen that handles people posting multipile times in one thread this way, it's awful)
---
(I really hate the way this forum handles someone adding new comments to the threads - I'd hate to think people "like" a post I make because they initially agree, then their "like" is still there when I've added to it and they might no longer agree... Tattle is the only forum I've seen that handles people posting multipile times in one thread this way, it's awful)

Last edited: