Weight watchers/WW

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry if this isn’t allowed as there is a weight loss thread already but I‘m only really interested in weight watchers.

I only joined on Sunday after gaining 11lb during lockdown. I’ve always done slimming world but fancied a change so thought I’d give it a go. When I set up it said I was best suited to the blue plan and it gave me 28 points a day. But then Monday this changed to 23 for some reason and it tells me I have 32 weekly remaining which I don’t get 🤷‍♀️

Any tips or recipes would be greatly appreciated 😊

Reactions: 2
I briefly joined but having done slimming world for ages it just wasnt for me.

It took me a while to get my head around it. I was on blue plan and 23 dailies. So you have 23 points per day. At the same time you have the weeklies. You dip in the them as and when you please over the seven days, as well as your 23 dailies.

Have you got the app? Dailies can be rolled over. It seems a lot have 30 something for a week as well as 23 per day but inthink that's just from a slimming world point of view.. seems like syns, so sounds a lot.

I liked it but just couldn't make it work for some reason, SW suited me better. Good luck, hope it works for you 😊

Reactions: 3
I’m currently doing WW, i’m on the green plan.

can’t remember the initial set up?? Did you put a goal weight in? Could be it re-adjusted your points based on what you lost last week.

your weeklies are kind of your cheat points so you can go over your daily points everyday and it will reduce from your weeklies or use it all on one meal, sometimes I used them up and other times I stick to my dailies, I still lose weight if I use my weeklies but not as much.

for me WW is the only diet plan that has made me lose a good amount of weight.

On the app there are some good recipes.

I followed Natasha Summar on instagram. Her meals are always nice. Theres a thread on her here saying she's lost too much weight, but either way, her food looks good

Reactions: 1
I tried WW last year but didn’t get on with it at all, I found cooking an absolute nightmare on it, certain things being zero points unless you used over a certain amount etc. My auntie in the states loves it though and lost 20lb which she has kept off nearly 10 years now. She does eat a lot of convenience food which makes life easier re counting.

Put on a similar amount of weight during lockdown (glad it’s not just me!!) but have gone back to SW as just find it a lot more easy going. I follow it properly though and don’t just eat mountains of beige and muller lights 🤣

Good luck hope it works better for you x

Aww now that makes more sense with the weeklies! I wondered what the hell they were and with not joining an actual group you don’t get the joining chat so was clueless! I’m not one for reading instructions, I just jump in head first 😳 But now I can see that I’ve probably be depriving myself for the last few days!

I hear you all about slimming world. It’s really has been good for me and I’ve followed it (sometimes very loosely) for about 4 years but I think I needed a kick start. It’s going to be hard getting out of that mind set though.

It’s the only thing I’ve found difficult about lockdown to be honest. I’ve taken everything one day at a time and have been quite chilled but now I feel like a flump! I tried a pair of last summer shorts on and couldn’t even get them to button up 🤮

I’ll check out that lady’s account thanks 😍

Sorry if this isn’t allowed as there is a weight loss thread already but I‘m only really interested in weight watchers.

I only joined on Sunday after gaining 11lb during lockdown. I’ve always done slimming world but fancied a change so thought I’d give it a go. When I set up it said I was best suited to the blue plan and it gave me 28 points a day. But then Monday this changed to 23 for some reason and it tells me I have 32 weekly remaining which I don’t get 🤷‍♀️

Any tips or recipes would be greatly appreciated 😊
You get your daily allowence, which goes down as you lose weight ( but not sure why yours have dropped from 28 to 23 already unless you have a lost a lot of weight in your first week? )
You get a weekly allowance which you can use however you please, either all in one go or daily to add on to your food if you feel you need it.
you can rollover 4 dailies if you don’t use them and they get added to your weeklies. So your weeklies would go up again as well.i would advice for the first few weeks/ month or even months at least to use your weeklies. As you will find you will still lose weight with using them. When it slows down a little you can then try and use less weeklies for a little while and play around with it . You also earn fitpoints for any excercise you do.If you use the app, you can connect your Fitbit and it will be visible on there. However I never used my fitpoints, I kept those to add on to my weightloss .
Hope this helps ☺

I’m definitely a SW girl (well actually a woman of a certain age) I’ve tried WW a few times, but just can’t get into it. Even though my husband doesn’t need to lose weight he eats any SW recipe I cook and he quite likes cooking them as well.

Nutracheck! I love it! I’ve just gone back to it after using SW (never again!!!) and it’s so much easier and only £4 a month for the advanced app but I believe it’s also free.

I do have the app for those that asked. I haven’t been weighed yet as only joined at the weekend but now that I think about it when I was told I had 28 points I hadn’t put in my target weight yet so may have been that that changed it.
@Anjels i was always a slimming worlder and thought I’d always stick with them but now I’ve swapped I can see the benefits on both. I do like that the WW app has a barcode scanner so I’m walking around the shops
scanning everything! I did get a shock when I realised I have to count things like bacon, jacket potatoes and rice etc but I did over eat on a lot of those things so I’m making a more conscious effort to replace them with healthier things now.

I’m liking it up to now anyway!

Nutracheck! I love it! I’ve just gone back to it after using SW (never again!!!) and it’s so much easier and only £4 a month for the advanced app but I believe it’s also free.
I’ve only signed up to WW for 3 months so might try this one when I’ve got to my target weight to keep on top of it all.

I used WW last year and lost over 2 stone in 3 months. It worked for me as I followed it properly and barely dipped into my weeklies. The app is great and I think it’s way ahead of SW in terms of marketability, future technology and lifestyle choices.

Reactions: 7
Yes! I also downloaded Nutracheck - so much easier to navigate than MFP and after doing SW - this app is so much more flexible and I dont feel deprived of any foods! 🙌🏽

Yes! I also downloaded Nutracheck - so much easier to navigate than MFP and after doing SW - this app is so much more flexible and I dont feel deprived of any foods! 🙌🏽
I know it’s awesome, I love that you get the pic of items too, makes it so much easier, and that you can set your own goals or follow a certain plan. I’m so glad I sacked off SW and WW, never again!!!!!

I lost 3 stone with WW. It helped give me the kickstart I needed but I'm now calorie counting as those zero foods do add up

I lost 3 stone with WW. It helped give me the kickstart I needed but I'm now calorie counting as those zero foods do add up
thats why I like the green plan, everything apart from fruit and veg has a point and helps me maintain portion control, where as the other plans are confusing

thats why i never liked SW, eating all the pasta you want!?i couldnt get my head around, i gain weight so quickly by just sniffing carbs lol so it never worked for me

Reactions: 4
thats why I like the green plan, everything apart from fruit and veg has a point and helps me maintain portion control, where as the other plans are confusing

thats why i never liked SW, eating all the pasta you want!?i couldnt get my head around, i gain weight so quickly by just sniffing carbs lol so it never worked for me

I’m on the blue plan and find most things have points apart from chicken and fruit and veg. Even 5% mince beef or a steak has points. I’m struggling to find recipes to be honest. I think I’m finding it hard cutting down on the carbs the most. Which proves I was over eating them on SW!

I’m on the blue plan and find most things have points apart from chicken and fruit and veg. Even 5% mince beef or a steak has points. I’m struggling to find recipes to be honest. I think I’m finding it hard cutting down on the carbs the most. Which proves I was over eating them on SW!
Oh ok, i did have a quick look at blue but still think green is best for me.

i’m not cooking completely different meals, but what WW has helped me with is healtheir options, so I used to cook with olive oil and now use the fry light, and has definitely helped me with portion control, so before I wouldn’t think twice about how much butter I would put on my toast whereas now i know that there is a major difference between 10g and say 20g which helps me.

maybe try adjusting your portions with your normal meals, my issues was carbs as well but i fill up on healthier stuff with my meals now.

My trick was to pack my meals out with veg and also consider using cauliflower rice instead of rice.

So I weighed myself this morning. I was dreading it to be honest because I’ve worked so hard all week. Had a shower and washed my hair and even dried it so there was no water in it to weigh me down🤣🤣

I’ve only gone and lost 7lb!! I’ve never ever lost this much in all the time I’ve done SW! 3lb is the most I’ve ever lost in a week.

So happy!! 💁🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 14