Weight Loss and Healthy Living #8 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks so much! Omg yes crisps are my downfall too!!! 🥴
I've been trying and failing dismally for months now to get on it, I just need to manage a few days to get into the swing of it I think. Can I ask did it take you a few days to have reduced hunger/appetite?

Well done on your weight loss so far!
NGL, my hunger and appetite never really reduced. I just used my willpower to push through as best I could and I distracted myself with other activities. Some days were tough but my energy levels really picked up after day three and after that I could feel I was losing weight. The fact I could feel it was working kept me motivated. I honestly wouldn’t be going back for a second stint if I didn’t enjoy it first time around, but I loved it.

Reactions: 3
Taking a week off nutracheck counting as I’m on leave, away and it’s my birthday saturday 😂 and I’ve noticed my appetite has really dropped since calorie counting began 😳 as someone who struggles with binge eating I dont even want to. It’s crazy but I am chuffed to bits.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Thanks so much! Omg yes crisps are my downfall too!!! 🥴
I've been trying and failing dismally for months now to get on it, I just need to manage a few days to get into the swing of it I think. Can I ask did it take you a few days to have reduced hunger/appetite?

Well done on your weight loss so far!
crisps are my downfall as well 😂 I stopped buying them 😂

Finnaly under 63 Kg!

2 more weeks to prep for Mont Ventoux trying to lose around 1 Kg before that.

Today I'm going to the cardiologist to see if my heart is healthy enough for our cycling holiday (better safe than sorry) ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I'm down 3lbs this week. Could have been more but my daughter made a huge roast dinner yesterday and I inhaled it 😳
I'm struggling with water intake, my bladder must be the size of a pea because im on the loo what feels like every half hour lol. Keeping track of what I've been eating has been a real eye opener, I used to do it religiously but found it a hard habit to get back into ( probably because if I did I'd have been about 2000 cals over my goal each day 😆). Anyway I also had a bag of fruit gums Saturday while I watched a film and there are 500 calories in a bag! I sometimes used to eat 2 bags plus a bar of chocolate when comfort eating, no wonder I piled 3 stone on.

This week my goal is to start exercising, starting slowly. I've had ring fit for the switch stuck in a drawer for over a year and never used it so will dig that out.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I'm down 3lbs this week. Could have been more but my daughter made a huge roast dinner yesterday and I inhaled it 😳
I'm struggling with water intake, my bladder must be the size of a pea because im on the loo what feels like every half hour lol. Keeping track of what I've been eating has been a real eye opener, I used to do it religiously but found it a hard habit to get back into ( probably because if I did I'd have been about 2000 cals over my goal each day 😆). Anyway I also had a bag of fruit gums Saturday while I watched a film and there are 500 calories in a bag! I sometimes used to eat 2 bags plus a bar of chocolate when comfort eating, no wonder I piled 3 stone on.

This week my goal is to start exercising, starting slowly. I've had ring fit for the switch stuck in a drawer for over a year and never used it so will dig that out.
Download couch to 5k. You don't have to follow it religiously, you could just stay on week 1 for awhile before you move onto week 2.

So I jumped in the 800 diet again today. I’ve done it before and I liked it. My next few weeks are manic with events so I think this will suit me well.

3.5 months until my wedding and I’m stressing now.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
5lbs off since last week!

Really happy! I tried really hard and stuck to it apart from one day when I ate too many pastries.

I'm aiming for 3 strength training sessions, 8000 steps a day (averaged across the week) through cardio and walking.

Keeping my carbs under 100g and aiming for lots of protein; around 1500/1600 calories

Hoping I continue to lose! I am a notorious yo yo dieter and was worried I'd wrecked my metabolism by eating not enough calories in the past. This feels much more sustainable.

I do have social events this weekend though, so not expecting a loss next week.

Reactions: 13
So I jumped in the 800 diet again today. I’ve done it before and I liked it. My next few weeks are manic with events so I think this will suit me well.

3.5 months until my wedding and I’m stressing now.
I think I'm going to try the two weeks of this to kick my weight loss off again, would love to know what you/anyone else doing fast800 eat on an 800 cal day! Is it worth buying the books?

Reactions: 2
I think I'm going to try the two weeks of this to kick my weight loss off again, would love to know what you/anyone else doing fast800 eat on an 800 cal day! Is it worth buying the books?
I bought one of the books when I started the fast 800 (the red book). I think it was central to my success. The food is so good, and there is lots of variety in it. I loved the food so much that I bought the fast 800 easy book (the blue book) I use them both all of the time. I'm back on the fast 800 since yesterday. I'm using one of the suggested meal plans at the back of the book for my first seven days. After that, I'll pick and choose from both books like I did last time. I lost 11lbs.

• Heart
I've just ordered the books are the reviews are really good.

I finished 30 cal over yesterday as hubby made me a tea but it was a good day, done my PT and a swim today and I am eating a salad. Who am I and long may it last.

Reactions: 8
Booked our holiday last night. Now I have until the start of august to lose 2stone (ideally 4, but that’s a tad unrealistic 🤣)
Nothing like a deadline to get me motivated 😬
My weight is just stuck, but I’m sure my legs are toning up. I’m at the gym 3 times a week so that must be making a difference.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I posted on here ages ago about my disordered relationship with food and exercise and all the in betweens, and I am happy to say I've lost a stone! I'm over the moon!

I've tried not to step on the scales but I went to my parents last week and they had scales so I thought I'd give it a go and I'm so pleased!

For any nitty gritty if anyone is looking for a slower, more intuitive approach (this has taken about 3 months in total) - I started Couch 2 5k in February time to desperately look for an exercise I enjoy, and somehow it just stuck. I run a few times a week and I only do 20/25 minute runs (usually hitting about 3km, I'm very slow), if I'm too tired or sluggish I just replace the run with a HIIT class on youtube and it gives me the same sort of boost.

I love to walk anyway but my walking had really taken a tole at the end of last year because I just felt quite hopeless, so I aim to get out of the house at least once a day even for a little walk, but once I'm out it motivates me to go further. (I aim for 7,000 steps a day at a minimum, it feels much more realistic for me than 10,000).

As for food, I've been trying to cook more and understand what makes me feel sluggish, I try to eat mainly vegan through the day until I get to dinner - somehow when I make a vegan lunch it makes me more creative. I also try to honour my hunger and when I feel a bit more sluggish I'll make sure to put extra veggies in my meals which helps massively.

I'm still on a journey as I'm not good with drinking water and my sleep is not what it could be - but I feel mentally much clearer and so much better in my body, even though I'm still a comfortable size 16 I don't hate myself!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Well, my weight has been the same for the last 4 days, I've been on my exercise bike for half hour daily, been within calories and been sticking to IF.
Yesterday I had a lot of calories (free food and open bar) and I'm 2lb up. This best be water weight and I see a big drop soon 😅
I am feeling much better in myself lately though not how I look but I just feel healthier, even though I need to work on making sure I'm getting enough fruit and veg in

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Those of you who calorie count, do you weigh and track your salad and vegetables?
Depends on the vegetables tbh, stuff that's generally higher in sugar (carrots) or fats (in the case of avocados) I do weigh. I've been calorie counting for years so I feel pretty confident in eye-balling the rest!

Quick lunch Aldi good grains. It's not amazing but is palatable and quick. Whole pack is approx 300 cals

Ffs, Monday I weighed in at 13st10. That was 3lb down. I maintained that all week until yesterday (boozy work event weds) so unsurprising. Yesterday, straight back on it, calorie counting, IF, drinking lots of water. I've been working out every day this week bar weds. Yesterday I weighed 2lb up, today I'm another 0.5lb up. I'm not due on my period, my bowel movements have been regular. This is so frustrating and bs.

• Heart
Ffs, Monday I weighed in at 13st10. That was 3lb down. I maintained that all week until yesterday (boozy work event weds) so unsurprising. Yesterday, straight back on it, calorie counting, IF, drinking lots of water. I've been working out every day this week bar weds. Yesterday I weighed 2lb up, today I'm another 0.5lb up. I'm not due on my period, my bowel movements have been regular. This is so frustrating and bs.
This happens to me after I drink! I gain the day after and the following day. It's just water retention. You should start to lose now.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
So it’s been a strange couple of weeks. I’ve stuck rigidly to food plans and upped exercised, but not tracked my food in MFP and managed to lose A LOT. So with my wedding dress fitting in four weeks, I’ve somehow now only got a stone to lose which is such a relief. I won’t get all the way there but part of the way will do, for my first appointment. I do wonder if my scales were wrong when I weighed in so heavily not last Friday but the Friday before 🤔

I have been busy at work so naturally been eating my breakfast later and almost doing intermittent fasting, and I wonder whether not tracking calories actually makes you eat less out of caution sometimes? Anyway I’m not complaining! Hope everyone has a good weekend 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Hello. I’m new to this thread but struggling with my weight. I lost 2 stone and kept it off over a year ago but could really do with losing another stone or two at least.
ive been on around 1850 cals a day for quite sometime with little to no movement - same kilo up and down for months. Really scared to eat less as don’t want to cause a binge if I feel restricted / hungry.
I have started a new gym recently with harder classes than my last pal e so hoping that helps. Might have to drop 50-100 cals a day and see what happens.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.