Weight Loss and Healthy Living #8 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone use protein World meal replacement shakes? I've been using them for quick breakfasts if I'm in a rush or a snack if I'm stuck for something quick to eat but feel hungry. I haven't been directly replacing meals with them because if I don't eat meals I get a headache. But I find rather then grabbing a quick few biscuits or something having one of these is a better option for me
I do but I find something better for genuine hunger is a Carb Killa bar. They're similar macros on protein and depending on how you make your shake (I always do half milk, half water, never just water) they're about the same calories too. Bit more filling and feels like you've eaten something

Reactions: 1
Does anyone else find it hard to consume traditional protein powders and bars? They are really hard on my stomach and I also breakout in really painful deep spots if I have these proteins sources for a couple of days in a row. I started using a clear whey protein drink and I’ve not had any issues so far and I’ve nearly finished the 500g bag I bought. Just thought it might be helpful for others who are struggling to meet their protein goals! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Does anyone else find it hard to consume traditional protein powders and bars? They are really hard on my stomach and I also breakout in really painful deep spots if I have these proteins sources for a couple of days in a row. I started using a clear whey protein drink and I’ve not had any issues so far and I’ve nearly finished the 500g bag I bought. Just thought it might be helpful for others who are struggling to meet their protein goals! ❤

I also use this as I find the traditional protein powders sickly after a while! They are such a game changer!

Also magnesium sulphate paste is great for painful deep spots. It brings them to a head quickly. You can get it from Boots! I get hormonal outbreaks and used it last month and the spots shrunk in two days!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Has anyone done keto before?
Been on it a few days (slipped up yesterday) and feel better. I was diagnosed with prediabetes so really trying to reverse that. Also hoping it will help me conceive

Been on it a few days (slipped up yesterday) and feel better. I was diagnosed with prediabetes so really trying to reverse that. Also hoping it will help me conceive
I did it and lost 4-5 stone, but it's not sustainable so I wouldn't recommend long term (gained back 6 stone..). I now calorie count and lost a stone in 5 weeks and feel better for it.

Reactions: 2
I'm doing calorie counting alongside IF started 2 days ago. However I do have 1 cup of tea in my fasting window, with a tiny bit of milk. I'm aware it's not a true fast in that sense, but for weight loss should it be fine as I'm still within calories?

Reactions: 7
I'm doing calorie counting alongside IF started 2 days ago. However I do have 1 cup of tea in my fasting window, with a tiny bit of milk. I'm aware it's not a true fast in that sense, but for weight loss should it be fine as I'm still within calories?
I believe the general rule of thumb is if it’s under 50 cals, it’s ok. So a tiny bit of milk should be fine.

• Heart
Sticking to keto is very hard especially when I'm not at home.
Just devoured smashed avocado, poached egg on sourdough. Lemon pancakes and curly fries. With a nutella milkshake...

I'm taking the piss.

I'm 2lbs away from having lost a stone since mid-Feb. Feeling so proud of myself but also feeling like this is the hardest part now :ROFLMAO: Still got a teeny bit to go after that to reach my goal weight and then the challenge of not putting it all back on begins!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I'm 2lbs away from having lost a stone since mid-Feb. Feeling so proud of myself but also feeling like this is the hardest part now :ROFLMAO: Still got a teeny bit to go after that to reach my goal weight and then the challenge of not putting it all back on begins!
I'm so jealous but I'm also here wanting to comfort eat and pizza for dinner 😅 well done to you though

A mate who is diabetic did well on it and has stayed eating that way for two years. But he's still done a few blow outs because it can be so difficult to maintain as is still obese, just nowhere near as much as he was; his thing is controlling his blood glucose so he doesn't lose his feet, though.

Down to 63,0!🥳

I only lost 600 gram in a month but my clothes are loser and I'm down a cup size (from 75F to 75E euro size) so I suppose I gained more muscle than I was expecting 😅

Reactions: 6
Decided to have a salad for lunch today instead of my usual office lunch (2 slices of bread with ham or cheese, I'm Dutch lol don't judge) and I am amazed!! Usually by 2:30pm I am getting hungry again and will have some fruit as a snack. It's now 3pm here and I'm not at all hungry nor am I craving something out of the habit of eating around this time haha.

My salad was: feta, sjalot, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, mixed lettuce, raddish and sprouts with a lemon juice and olive oil dressing

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Hi Everyone, I’m new to this thread and wanted to ask some advice. I’m doing a calorie counting diet, after 4 years I need to lose that 10lb I put on when I had a baby! Is there anything sweet you can recommend for an after dinner snack which is satisfying enough to only have a bit? I can be pretty restrained but I really crave one sweet thing at that time of day and figured it should be ok if fits into my calorie allowance. Also not a big dark chocolate fan unfortunately…

Hi Everyone, I’m new to this thread and wanted to ask some advice. I’m doing a calorie counting diet, after 4 years I need to lose that 10lb I put on when I had a baby! Is there anything sweet you can recommend for an after dinner snack which is satisfying enough to only have a bit? I can be pretty restrained but I really crave one sweet thing at that time of day and figured it should be ok if fits into my calorie allowance. Also not a big dark chocolate fan unfortunately…
Welcome!
I really like the skinny whip bars/skinny crunch bars, both under 100 calories and not all are dark choc (but the best ones are 🤣)

I’m due to weigh in the morning but not looking forward to it, I haven’t been to the toilet yet so I’m holding off WI 🙃🙃 I’ve not had the best week food wise, eating pic n mix and then I randomly came on my period for the first time in years so I haven’t exercised as much as feel uncomfortable

Reactions: 4
Yoomoo frozen yoghurt lollies are 74cals each, Haagen Dazs gelato tubs are 136cals each. I also like the little pots of light custard warmed up in the microwave (117cals), or a 5cal jelly pot.

I love making a mini Eton mess. So fruit, low fat Whipped cream, mini meringue nest & fresh berries 😋 there are also loads of low cal ice lollies such as solero, mini twisters. I love halo top ice cream too (& cheap supermarket equivalents) and sometimes you cant beat a freddo or a frozen curly wurly

Can I join?

I don't have a deadline or a big goal weight. I want to change my relationship with food.

I've started to take steps since February after a visit to my doctor. I was diagnosed with insulin resistance. I have no history of diabetes in the family so this is entirely lifestyle related. While I don't have a sweet tooth, I have weakness for junk food, simple carbs and emotional eating. I was worried about giving myself diabetes and having a serious illness for the rest of my life, even though I could prevent it.

Things I've veen doing:
Walking to work instead of taking the bus. Walking more im general.
Not snacking.
Drinking two-three cups of green tea at work. (I also add cinnamon sticks to my green tea because I've heard it balances the blood sugar and prevents craving for sweets.)
Having bread for only one meal a day (usually breakfast).
Reducing the starchy side dishes like rice and pasta and filling up on veggies and salad instead.
Having protein with every meal (I'm not a big meat eater so these are usually eggs or pulses).
Going for lean cuts and grilled/roast meat instead of fried dishes.
Not banning myself from having an indulgent or unhealthy meal. (When I feel like something is off limits, I start to panic as if I'll never get to eat anything I want again.)
If I have junk or fast food, I don't go the whole way. If I have a burger, I'll skip the fries. If I want fries, I'll have them with a salad so my body will still get its vitamins and fibre. If I really want crisps, I'll have them but I'll have a small bowl and try to step away when I've enjoyed my share.
Drinking more water and not eating late at night. I try to be done with eating by eight the latest.

I'm not flawless, I still have "bad" days but I'm trying to be okay with going slow and setting new habits in stone, instead of fixing everything quickly and going back on my bullshit 2 months later. I try to remind myself that nobody will be more affected by my health than me. I'm doing this for myself, I'm accountable for myself. After struggling with food, how I look and how I feel for like two decades, I'm so tired of feeling like a prisoner in my own head. I want to make a change.

I'm taking Vit D supplements, I also took B12 and zinc for a while but stopped as instructed by my doctor. I'm on levothyroxine as medication (hypothyroidism and Hashimotos). I don't want to be put on anything else for insulin resistance, so I want to give it my best effort and prove to myself that I am capable. I struggle with ED as well, so this is taking time.

I've lost 7.5 lbs since February, I won't get new blood tests done until August. I will continue to make good choices and hopefully summer will be easier with the abundance of fresh produce and fruit in season.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
thetis I love your approach to this and the goal to improve your relationship with food. It all sounds really balanced and sensible :)

I follow this lady called the nude nutritionist on Instagram, I actually paid for one of her programs to sort out my binge eating (it’s online modules that you do, with videos, but once you sign up you have lifelong access, it’s not like an 8 week program or anything). Anyway, she says that when she took a more balanced approach to things rather than yoyo dieting and restricting, she lost 20kgs over 4 years. She said that works out to be 100g per week, so if she was doing a conventional diet and weighing inregularly she would’ve gotten frustrated, felt bad about herself, and ‘given up’. I really related to that from years of dieting and fluctuating weight. I’m still working on being more balanced, and changing old ways of thinking, but I am definitely finding it is working really well.

Im not in anyway dissing diets or calorie counting for people who it works for, it just doesn’t work for me. I either lose the weight (I’ve lost 30kgs twice in my life) and then can’t keep it off, or I try and lose a bit or nothing, and then give up and keep bingeing. So restricting doesn’t work for me in that way.

• Heart
I got the Davinia Taylor book ‘It’s Not a Diet’ before Easter. I opened it and read a bit and thought ‘Oh, new age woo balls, what did I buy this for’. I decided as I’d spent the money just to try out the diet bits and the recommended supplements. I’m very glad I did. I had really good results from that so have now expanded to follow most of it. It focuses a lot on gut health.

I have lost 9lb in 6 weeks going from 10st 12lb to 10st 3lb. My energy is soaring so I find it much easier to exercise, I used to feel knackered by a walk to the bus stop but yesterday I walked 11km easily and I haven’t walked less than 7.5km on a weekday for a month. I sleep less, wake up more easily. My stomach has shrunk massively. My (very bad) brain fog has gone, my hormones are settling and much sharper. The improved energy & being It’s really improved my anxiety & depression to the point I am stopping taking antidepressants. It is a big change but I am very happy with it.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.