Weight Loss and Healthy Living #8 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
gained like 3kg in the past few weeks since i started intermittent fasting, although it's that time of the month hormonally (on the pill so no bleed) and doctor thinks i could have an ovarian cyst :rolleyes: blaming that for now to make myself feel better x

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I’m thinking about getting implant taken out because I am convinced that’s the cause of me not being able to loose weight.
Anyone else on the implant?
Oooh I am new to this thread and just catching up. I had the implant put in a few months ago and that is around the time I started gaining loads of weight again....I didn't connect the dots.

I've always been a bit bigger but I'm currently the biggest I've ever been. I don't particularly eat unhealthily which really frustrates me when I see slim people eating crap all the time lol. I've laid off the chocolate but caved in recently (Easter hasn't helped) so the recent choc hasn't help. It's a vicious cycle of me feeling tit so eating more choc.

Can anyone recommend any healthy meal plans that they follow? I'm lazy with food and obvs the things I'm eating aren't helping me.

Thanks! Gonna have a good read of this thread now. I really need to get my arse into gear

Reactions: 2
Down to 12st 8lbs now - started at 15st in December.

I've been just walking alot trying to go everyday and using some pinch of nom recepies, just generally trying to eat better not nessesarily calorie counting or anything. Although yesterday I made a cheesecake out of boredom and have had about 3 slices of it so 🤷🏼‍♀️ not being an angel 🤣

Hubby said I looked skinny today so 😊 finally seeing some progress after feeling like nothing was happening for a while

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Down to 12st 8lbs now - started at 15st in December.

I've been just walking alot trying to go everyday and using some pinch of nom recepies, just generally trying to eat better not nessesarily calorie counting or anything. Although yesterday I made a cheesecake out of boredom and have had about 3 slices of it so 🤷🏼‍♀️ not being an angel 🤣

Hubby said I looked skinny today so 😊 finally seeing some progress after feeling like nothing was happening for a while
That's amazing progress! Well done!

• Heart
I think I’ve posted in this thread before but never actually stuck with it. Feeling so down on myself and my weight at the moment. I’m 98kg and should be under 85kg to be in the healthy weight range for my height (I’m tall). My clothes don’t fit and I feel self conscious all the time, I took my 7 year old for a walk today and I was puffing up the hills even though I exercise consistently, I think it must be because I’m carrying all this extra weight. When he was 2 years old I’d gotten down to 82kgs which was my pre-pregnancy weight and it was perfect, I was feeling great. In the last 5 years I’ve fluctuated mostly between about 88 and 98kgs, and never got back down to that weight :(

Does anyone else have a real problem with eating well, but no issues at all with doing regular exercise? I regularly go to the gym at 5:30am which I enjoy, I do a decent workout (either a 40 minute cardio circuit that I made up that burns a lot of calories, or a 1.5 hour weights session). I also like walking, I’d consider myself pretty active in that sense. I also have a job at the moment that involves a decent amount of movement (8000 steps usually from 9-5 without trying). But I’m still so overweight, because I just can’t get my act together with food. I know what to eat to lose weight, I just can’t ever stick to it. I enjoy pretty healthy meals, but I binge a lot in very high quantities on sweets, and high calorie desserts, and occasionally things like chips and cheese. I just feel so crappy :( I have a bad back too, and the extra weight is not helping.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I think I’ve posted in this thread before but never actually stuck with it. Feeling so down on myself and my weight at the moment. I’m 98kg and should be under 85kg to be in the healthy weight range for my height (I’m tall). My clothes don’t fit and I feel self conscious all the time, I took my 7 year old for a walk today and I was puffing up the hills even though I exercise consistently, I think it must be because I’m carrying all this extra weight. When he was 2 years old I’d gotten down to 82kgs which was my pre-pregnancy weight and it was perfect, I was feeling great. In the last 5 years I’ve fluctuated mostly between about 88 and 98kgs, and never got back down to that weight :(

Does anyone else have a real problem with eating well, but no issues at all with doing regular exercise? I regularly go to the gym at 5:30am which I enjoy, I do a decent workout (either a 40 minute cardio circuit that I made up that burns a lot of calories, or a 1.5 hour weights session). I also like walking, I’d consider myself pretty active in that sense. I also have a job at the moment that involves a decent amount of movement (8000 steps usually from 9-5 without trying). But I’m still so overweight, because I just can’t get my act together with food. I know what to eat to lose weight, I just can’t ever stick to it. I enjoy pretty healthy meals, but I binge a lot in very high quantities on sweets, and high calorie desserts, and occasionally things like chips and cheese. I just feel so crappy :( I have a bad back too, and the extra weight is not helping.
I'm sorry I don't have any advice but I feel like a lot of us can relate to this situation

Reactions: 1
Feel a bit stuck right now as I’m in a bit of a pattern of losing a teeny bit and then putting it back on and then losing it again and then putting it back on. Been a bit lax on the exercise this past week or so because I’ve been so tired so think I need to ramp that back up to get out of this rut.

On the bright side I’ve noticed some really positive changes in my body shape and I’m feeling the happiest about my body that I’ve felt in a long time. Trousers that were a bit snug when I bought them in Feb were fitting me much better today.

Reactions: 5
Started C25K for the third time today 🙄 but touch wood, so far so good! Just need to get back on track with food shopping and progress will be made again. My other half is doing my head in, always whingeing about doing it, but preparation is everything!! We’ll be four months out from our wedding next week so hopefully the thought of fittings will focus the mind 😂

Reactions: 3

I don’t know if this will help but it’s my two pence.

Track your calories as you eat now. Drop 200 for a week, then drop by 50/100/200 each week until your body is used to the calories recommended to lose weight.

I binge, but I find by telling myself nothing is off limits, it’s never going to be perfect but I have had less binges.

Reactions: 6

I can Deffo relate. All I can say is when I'm thinking about having a takeaway or a dessert/snacking whatever I just think would I rather have this food now or be skinny and feel comfortable in clothes/on the beach etc? And I always think to the next day when I know I would wake up feeling like tit due to falling off the diet wagon

I find exercise helps with not only burning calories but diet in general, the fitter I am the less junk I eat, my body practically refuses it. It also means 4 hours without food as I can't eat before I exercise or for an hour afterwards

I find exercise helps with not only burning calories but diet in general, the fitter I am the less junk I eat, my body practically refuses it. It also means 4 hours without food as I can't eat before I exercise or for an hour afterwards
i feel this too! I have a banana & teaspoon of peanut butter and head to the gym, I spend a couple of hours at the gym, come home and have a protein shake (with oat milk) and then I’m done for a few hours.

on that note - what protein powders (whey isolate) do people recommend? I was using my protein mocha (which I LOVED) but my stomach couldn’t handle it and I’ve had to switch to whey isolate (if you know, you know) and they don’t do mocha. I’ve got the fudge brownie flavour but it’s not hitting the spot. I don’t like caramel or fruit flavours normally. Is vanilla ok? I have only used myprotein but are there any other brands/flavours I can try (must be whey isolate to help the poor stomach).

Yes absolutely! I know they say "you can't outrun a bad diet" but I think exercise goes hand in hand for a healthy lifestyle. I restarted at the gym last week after two years and two pregnancies, I am so ready to feel the burn.

Lost 4 lbs this week , I am chuffed !
went back to park run yst and even thou we were 4 minutes late, I managed to shave 4 additional minutes off my time 😁🥳

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.