Weight Loss and Healthy Living #8 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you for the detailed update. That was really interesting to read. It will be interesting to see how you get on.
how did you feel afterwards? Motivated? It seems a manageable plan. Did they suggest any exercise?
sorry for all the questions.
Not gonna lie I cried for about the first ten minutes cos my weight is getting me down so much. But once she had talked through it all I felt a bit better and she was lovely.
She never mentioned exercise today but she did say weight loss is more diet than movement so that might come next time I am there. but I have already joined the gym, but my knee has flared up so I need to wait for that to die down before I can start.

Ask away I dont mind at all! We all want the same thing :)

Not gonna lie I cried for about the first ten minutes cos my weight is getting me down so much. But once she had talked through it all I felt a bit better and she was lovely.
She never mentioned exercise today but she did say weight loss is more diet than movement so that might come next time I am there. but I have already joined the gym, but my knee has flared up so I need to wait for that to die down before I can start.

Ask away I dont mind at all! We all want the same thing :)
I should also add, if after 6m I dont want surgery thats OK and I can stay under their care for 2 years while losing weight

Reactions: 8
Thank you so much for the update Cocobean! It sounds like you're off to a fab start and they're going to be really helpful ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Thank you so much for the update Cocobean! It sounds like you're off to a fab start and they're going to be really helpful ❤
Well, can only try!! Tier 3 is this bit, Tier 4 is the surgery end of it

Reactions: 2
They sound helpful and supportive which is great. I need to get out out of the mindset of burning cals to lose weight. It so ingrained in me.
I missed my MOT at 40 that they do round here due to lockdown and I’ve been dreading the surgery writing to me and inviting me in as I know exactly what they will say.

Had to try on a truck load of trousers yesterday and had a mini breakdown in the changing rooms so that was fun...

I have a little over 2 stones to lose, I know it's doable etc. but it's really disheartening to look into the mirror and be disappointed in everything you see. The girl in the next room was flying through outfits and I could hear her delighted comments on everything, then she walks out and she's this tall slim long leg babe and I truly felt like a musty old mushroom. I don't even go shopping unless I absolutely have to, so being there knowing I HAVE to find something made me feel like it wasn't a store but an escape room. And when I was looking for my size in the lower shelves, the sales girl came to me and said 'you know all the jeans are available on the counter' and YES WOW I know but biggest size on the counter is a size 38 so if that was what I needed, I wouldn't be on my knees on the dusty floor, on the verge of tears, would I?? Feeling very frumpy and sad today.

The annoying part is, this feeling doesn't motivate me; it only makes me want to give up and go into hiding with a baguette and a wheel of cheese.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Had to try on a truck load of trousers yesterday and had a mini breakdown in the changing rooms so that was fun...

I have a little over 2 stones to lose, I know it's doable etc. but it's really disheartening to look into the mirror and be disappointed in everything you see. The girl in the next room was flying through outfits and I could hear her delighted comments on everything, then she walks out and she's this tall slim long leg babe and I truly felt like a musty old mushroom. I don't even go shopping unless I absolutely have to, so being there knowing I HAVE to find something made me feel like it wasn't a store but an escape room. And when I was looking for my size in the lower shelves, the sales girl came to me and said 'you know all the jeans are available on the counter' and YES WOW I know but biggest size on the counter is a size 38 so if that was what I needed, I wouldn't be on my knees on the dusty floor, on the verge of tears, would I?? Feeling very frumpy and sad today.

The annoying part is, this feeling doesn't motivate me; it only makes me want to give up and go into hiding with a baguette and a wheel of cheese.
You’ve described exactly how I feel when I go shopping, lemonlime! You’re not alone there.
I feel like I have no sense of style whatsoever at this weight. I wear dark, baggy tops and leggings at this stage. It was recently my birthday where I got a bit of money and I had a little look in shops for new clothes.... I just didn’t know what to dress myself in.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Oh I am the same! A couple of years ago when I wasnt this size I would wear all sorts! Now if I am not in work uniform its either PJs, or leggings/joggers and a hoodie! Dress for comfort not for fashion!
I have kept all the clothes I DID fit into as a motivation.... but now when I look at them I just hate myself even more. Its my sons wedding in July this year and I am DREADING it! Trying to find something to wear for that if I havent lost some of this timber is going to be a heartbreaker for me and his wedding is NOT something I can cry off.

We can do this ladies!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My only criticism of this is the almost immediate suggestion of Bariatric surgery. It's not an easy path to take and has long term consequences for digestion, definitely to be avoided if at all possible although it has its place as a useful tool for some people. I wish you luck, overall it soulds like a sensible programme that should be relatively manageable. I've been keeping a big bowl of fruit salad in the fridge lately and a disgusting lentil, potato, spinach and muushroom concoction to eat for lunch.. I' going to mix it with half a can of M&S veg Tikka today to see if that makes it more palatable.

Reactions: 1
Her take on it was it helps people keep it off who are struggling but they try to instill in patients that it is NOT a quick fix. I know about half a dozen friends and family who have had some kind of bariatric surgery and I know its not easy, and there is still a lot of work to do afterwards, but for some of those people its life changing. If I can get this chub off, and keep it off, I wont go for it, but as it stands right now yes I would definitely consider it.

Hello,
I’m 5’4” at 148 lbs. I carry my weight around the stomach so I am hoping to lose some belly fat. I’ve been counting calories over a month with no results. No loss, no gain. I’ve majorly cut out on alcohol as well since the end of October. It’s always between 146-150 lbs depending on the day. My goal is to reach 135 lbs. Here to get some inspiration and support and support others on their journey, too. ❤
A lovely Tattle friend told me to try Get Fit with Ricks so I am planning to start this week. Does anyone have experience with this?
Get Fit with Rick is great. So many to choose from, fab tunes and really motivating. His videos are good fun. My favourite is the body combat.
I don't have scales and my healthy plans went to pot in Jan. Back on track now, and I feel in a better mindset 🤞

• Heart
Oh I am the same! A couple of years ago when I wasnt this size I would wear all sorts! Now if I am not in work uniform its either PJs, or leggings/joggers and a hoodie! Dress for comfort not for fashion!
I have kept all the clothes I DID fit into as a motivation.... but now when I look at them I just hate myself even more. Its my sons wedding in July this year and I am DREADING it! Trying to find something to wear for that if I havent lost some of this timber is going to be a heartbreaker for me and his wedding is NOT something I can cry off.

We can do this ladies!
I have two weddings to attend this year, one in June and one in October. June wedding is friends and October’s is family. I could probably cry them both off if I REALLY wanted to but they’re actually giving me the motivation I need right now to stick to it. I just think it would be nice to get to the point where the wedding is only a few weeks away and I can look for a dress to wear and not feel so big!

Been an effort getting back to exercise after Covid and going back to the office at the same time 😮💨 not 100% back food wise but one step at a time. My resting heart rate is still a lot higher than normal so I’m obviously still fighting something off even though I’m testing negative now.. very odd.

• Heart
Been an effort getting back to exercise after Covid and going back to the office at the same time 😮💨 not 100% back food wise but one step at a time. My resting heart rate is still a lot higher than normal so I’m obviously still fighting something off even though I’m testing negative now.. very odd.
Sorry you’re still feeling under the weather bellinibobble, I felt rotten for a few weeks after I tested negative 😔 I mostly felt out of breath and my appetite was all over the place.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I've finally done it after 18 months I've got from 15st7 to 11st7 (I'm 5'9) by calorie counting. It's been a journey with committed periods where I've lost quite a bit and then months where I've just maintained. Along the way I've been diagnosed with PCOS but for the first time in my life I actually love how I look and I've decided to finish the diet and start the hard part of maintaining and building muscle to tone up! Feeling so proud of myself :):):)

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I am out the house for 10 hours a day so by the time I get in, and sort food out, I am knackered so havent been able to exercise.
Recently signed up for our new 24 hour gym thinking I could go really early morning (5am ish) and then have just discovered I have developed plantar fasciitis and a knee issue which has put the brakes on that for now!

I've finally done it after 18 months I've got from 15st7 to 11st7 (I'm 5'9) by calorie counting. It's been a journey with committed periods where I've lost quite a bit and then months where I've just maintained. Along the way I've been diagnosed with PCOS but for the first time in my life I actually love how I look and I've decided to finish the diet and start the hard part of maintaining and building muscle to tone up! Feeling so proud of myself :):):)
Thats amazing, well done you, I'm sure you're delighted! 🥰 I'm 5 ft 9 also and 11st 7 is round about where I'd like to be, currently 13st 2... love hearing all these success stories find it really helps with the motivation!

Reactions: 4
Thats amazing, well done you, I'm sure you're delighted! 🥰 I'm 5 ft 9 also and 11st 7 is round about where I'd like to be, currently 13st 2... love hearing all these success stories find it really helps with the motivation!
13st 4 was my first goal weight as that was the only weight I knew what I looked like but tbh from about that point I started to feeling much better about myself and more confident that the process was working. I've also noticed my knee clicking, constant heartburn and getting out of breath climbing stairs has gone (and they all have disappeared for a while). Keep going you'll get there

• Heart
Well done you that’s amazing!! I definitely agree the motivational stories of others getting to their goal weights are amazing at keeping my own motivation going.
Could I ask please, how did you keep your motivation up the months you maintained?
I have only started a few weeks ago and have my first maintain this week and just want to cry at how long this process is going to take 😭

Well done you that’s amazing!! I definitely agree the motivational stories of others getting to their goal weights are amazing at keeping my own motivation going.
Could I ask please, how did you keep your motivation up the months you maintained?
I have only started a few weeks ago and have my first maintain this week and just want to cry at how long this process is going to take 😭
Thank you 😘 I never actually had a final goal weight as I didn't actually know how I would look at lower weights, so setting smaller goals along the way helped and I felt less overwhelmed. I reached a point in my weightloss where I started to be happier with the results so when I was maintaining I was happy with how I looked at that point iygm. I didn't suddenly become happy at the end it's sort of just increased along the way. When I was maintaining it was summer and I'd just moved into a new better living situation, so I justified it by the fact I was enjoying myself. Also having a break and eating tit made my body uncomfortable so when I got back on it I had more motivation to continue.

So I have been eating better, drinking less wine, no chocolate, getting in my 10k steps a day (not really on weekends though) and I’ve recently started back and the gym and after sort of 4/5 weeks I’m really starting to see a difference! I’ve no idea how much I’ve lost because I’m too scared to weigh myself after having a baby but maybe I’ll get some new scales over the next few weeks. My face looks a tad slimmer, my thunder thighs are slowly reducing and my toddler said my bum looks smaller haha. I just really need to sort out my wide hips and fat arms! Wish I didn’t care about being slim so much, I just hate feeling fat and uncomfortable, especially in the summer months!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.