Weight Loss and Healthy Living #8 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think I should focus more on vegs as well! I’m counting calories and have not eaten candy or chips since the new year (except once). But other than that, I still eat normal meals like pasta or rice etc. I am doing about 1200-1300 calories a day but it has not really helped. I can’t go any lower.

A friend in a different thread told me she lost 4 stones from the step dancing so I was excited. Now I am not sure if dance workouts would work. Do you feel more toned at least from the dancing?
You might need to up your calories. I was having 1200 per day & the only thing i seen a change in was my moods. Im now on 1600 per day & lost 6lb in 3weeks. Google james smith calculator & see what his calculations recommend.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Fell off the wagon today and had a bit of a binge. I'm annoyed with myself but not going to let it take over as I've been feeling so good lately.

I'd been buying packs of 100 cal treats to have in the evenings but should know that before long I end up gorging myself, obviously I can't have them in the house.

Back to yogurt and fruit for me 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I don't think so, I have a friend who is a physio and did a rotation with this particular service a few years ago. I got referred by my GP so might be worth asking if there's something similar in your area if you're interested.
I’ll definitely look into it, thank you. I’m 5”2, 180lbs and a 46in waist with a BMI over 30, looking at the NHS website they would probably refer me but the last time I went to the NHS for weight loss advice I was told to start slimfast shakes 🤦🏻‍♀️

Thats what I do 🤣 I also have to walk at quite a pace to get him to sleep so I'm power walking for about 45 minutes before he's even asleep!!! I have to avoid shops and cafes though as I did go through a phase of stopping for a cake and coffee while he was sleeping 🙈
Oh you sound so motivated, I wish I had some of that 🤣

Reactions: 1
I'm back after a couple of weeks off due to pms and the dreaded time of the month. Just had a mile cycle on my stationary bike and feeling a bit better already! Mind you I did still eat a lot of chocolate at work... But tomorrow is a new day.
Have any of you had appointments with local NHS weight loss services? I just got a letter through saying I'm at the top of the list and to book an appointment - I'm terrified. I've put 10lb on since I was first referred six months ago 😳 and I also need to book a blood test to check for diabetes, and a smear test. Dreading it all.
I was referred end of last year my first appt is this Wednesday.

Reactions: 2
Hi!! More of a lurker than a poster 😂 .. I’ve just started calorie counting and love it! Getting on really well with it but I’m wanting to do more to exercise. I’m NOT an active person at all so any advice on where to start would be brilliant!

tried my first “skinny pigs” session tonight (went with auntie for some moral support) and had to sit down half way through it was horrendous.
Didn’t realise just how unfit I am, so all advice on how to get started is welcome!

I was thinking maybe trying to up my activity level by walking, what do you all think?
I have my little boy at home Mondays and Tuesdays so might have to work round it as he just won’t sit in a pram anymore 🤷🏽‍♀️ And gets tired easily if I try to take him out on his bike.

what do you all do? 🙂

Reactions: 3
Hi!! More of a lurker than a poster 😂 .. I’ve just started calorie counting and love it! Getting on really well with it but I’m wanting to do more to exercise. I’m NOT an active person at all so any advice on where to start would be brilliant!

tried my first “skinny pigs” session tonight (went with auntie for some moral support) and had to sit down half way through it was horrendous.
Didn’t realise just how unfit I am, so all advice on how to get started is welcome!

I was thinking maybe trying to up my activity level by walking, what do you all think?
I have my little boy at home Mondays and Tuesdays so might have to work round it as he just won’t sit in a pram anymore 🤷🏽‍♀️ And gets tired easily if I try to take him out on his bike.

what do you all do? 🙂
Definitely agree with walking. It will help you get fitter and trimmer plus it allows you to build up distance and you can work on pace like try build up to a speed walk?

I have fallen off the wagon a bit and back Where I was 2 weeks ago at 163lbs. Need to work on lowering the snacks!

• Heart
Reactions: 4

what do you all do? 🙂
Welcome! Yes defo, I think walking is one of the absolute best things you can do! Effective, free and you don’t need any special equipment or anything. Concentrate on getting your steps in and go from there 😊 once you get fitter or if you get bored, you can always change it up then.

Reactions: 6
Welcome! Yes defo, I think walking is one of the absolute best things you can do! Effective, free and you don’t need any special equipment or anything. Concentrate on getting your steps in and go from there 😊 once you get fitter or if you get bored, you can always change it up then.
Thank you so much!
Is there anything o should aim for, distance for example or 10k steps a day?

Definitely agree with walking. It will help you get fitter and trimmer plus it allows you to build up distance and you can work on pace like try build up to a speed walk?

I have fallen off the wagon a bit and back Where I was 2 weeks ago at 163lbs. Need to work on lowering the snacks!
ah thank you!!
I know what you mean, me and my partner love our snacks at bedtime watching the tv, they’ve been hard work to cut 😭

I had a tiny lunch yesterday. I was so hungry by the time I got home for dinner, my hands were shaking. Needless to say I overate - not a binge but definitely wasn't satisfied with my usual portion size. I was annoyed with myself but tit happens... Not doing the same mistake today.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I got a Sodastream for Christmas and I have some mango/orange flavoured syrup that's low calorie so I've been drinking it this morning, it tastes so refreshing, I was talking with a friend earlier and she recommended that I try plain water with a slice of lemon/lime or orange in it so I'm going to give that a try too.

Reactions: 2
Thank you so much!
Is there anything o should aim for, distance for example or 10k steps a day?
I don’t think so, maybe just aim to increase what you’re doing by a few hundred each day and go from there? I know it helps to walk briskly to get your heart rate up - I live in a very hilly city so not hard for me 😅

People on here have said before that there’s no scientific basis for the 10k steps you see everywhere, so alternatively you could see how far 30 mins of brisk walking daily gets you? The NHS recommendations are for 150mins of exercise a week so that’s about doable 5 days a week. But obviously it depends on your schedule and situation too 😊

Reactions: 3

what do you all do? 🙂
Walking is great if you (like me) have become seriously unfit over the years 🙈 I feel like I'm going to pass away doing anything vigorous 🤣 but I can power walk at a good pace for a good 1hr 30 mins a day and it really works for me. Get some good music or a podcast on and off I go!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I love walking, wouldn't be interested in the gym or classes at all. I suffer anxiety and find getting out in the fresh air, even if its only for ten minutes, is really helpful to me. I'm still quite fatigued after having covid a few weeks ago so I'm basically on 7K steps atm and tryin to hold it back up slowly but surely... I can't wait to get my stamina built back up and get out for good long walks again :)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’m gonna try walking as a starter, just been out today and did 5k steps which is good considering I had a stroppy 3 year old in tow 😂

the next three days I’m gonna do a long walk after dropping my little one at nursery so a good chance for me to get my steps in early

• Heart
I’ve just microwaved a fibre one brownie to make it seem more indulgent... it didn’t work 😂

• Haha
OK I promised an update after my appt today.

So - I am in the North East UK and I come under County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust (CDDFT) I am 45, 5'2 and 219 lbs (99.4 kgs).
I had to fill in a questionnaire before I went which asked my about my diet, what my snacking habits were like, other forms of weight loss I had tried (S.World, Orlistat etc) and then a page about my mood, self esteem etc.
It wasn't a group session it was just me and one of the team, which also includes dietitian, psychologist, medical physician etc. I got weighed and my height taken, talked about whether I would consider Bariatric surgery (I said yes) and then she gave me an eating plan.

Basically its a list of portions of foods I can have a in a day. 6-8 portions of carbs (1 portion are things like 1 crumpet, 1 small brown roll, 2 tbsp muesli etc) plenty fruit/veg, 2 portions of protein, you get the idea, plus an extra 150 cals to play with a day for treats (choc, glass of wine etc).
And I have to use a smaller plate, imagine a side tea plate! So the portions are very much reduced, eating less but healthy, and no more than 1800 cals a day for my BMI.

I am under the care of them for 6 months and as long as I continue to lose weight they will put me forward for surgery but I must lose at least 5% within that 6m. Surgery is 12/18 months wait (from today)
If I am following the plan and nothing is happening, they will look at other things; medication, increase physical activity, bloods, etc to see if there is something that is missing, or you are not following the plan.

So basically I need to forget everything I ever learned in my many years of S.World... small portions, limited amounts, not all far free or low fat.

So we will see what happens!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Thank you for the detailed update. That was really interesting to read. It will be interesting to see how you get on.
how did you feel afterwards? Motivated? It seems a manageable plan. Did they suggest any exercise?
sorry for all the questions.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.