Weight Loss and Healthy Living #8 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dude I am exactly the same and height and weight as you with the same belly problem. High five! 🙌
High five! I’ve been struggling with belly fat for about four or five years now. 😩 Have you found anything helpful? I was going to the gym pre pandemic and got toned a little but I now have developed anxiety so I can’t work out. I’m hoping that Zumba or Step dances would help.

Reactions: 1
Hello,
I’m 5’4” at 148 lbs. I carry my weight around the stomach so I am hoping to lose some belly fat.
5'2 and 220lbs here. No matter what I try it's just not coming off. Its really starting to depress me to the point where I am swerving any kind of social occasion which is the exact opposite of me cos I'm usually the first there.
I have my first Tier 3 appointment this week so will see what that brings but I'm probably just going to sob my way through it!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
High five! I’ve been struggling with belly fat for about four or five years now. 😩 Have you found anything helpful? I was going to the gym pre pandemic and got toned a little but I now have developed anxiety so I can’t work out. I’m hoping that Zumba or Step dances would help.
Are you me? I have anxiety too. I do a 25 minute hip hop dance workout every day but to be honest it does nothing. It’s all about the food. I’m watching what I eat and trying to focus on veg above all else, but also being realistic. I put a typical day meal plan on the previous page somewhere. I’ve been eating like this for nearly a month and my tummy rolls are slightly less roll-y but I’m hoping for losing a stone eventually. I’ve cut out dairy and unhealthy meals but progress isn’t fast. I’m over 40 now so maybe that’s why.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Took the plunge and joined the gym today!! Going for my first session this evening 🥴

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Just thought I would check about this in case I was to talk about it, but is it a rule in this thread to not discuss calories/calorie counting? I know it can be quite triggering for some and I’d hate to post about it and upset somebody. If there is a separate thread I will discuss there 😊

Feel like I’m doing really well with food and have finally found a balance! I’m also officially a week into not having sugar in my tea/coffee, woop!

Reactions: 2
Hi. I’m 5ft foot and started eating healthy two weeks ago, my starting weight was 15st 2lbs and I was living on takeaways. I was really upset when I saw my starting weight but it meant I could finally do something about it.

I’ve lost 4.5lbs in two weeks just by cutting out takeaways completely and my next goal is to swap fizzy drinks for water. I’ve started drinking more tea.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Just thought I would check about this in case I was to talk about it, but is it a rule in this thread to not discuss calories/calorie counting? I know it can be quite triggering for some and I’d hate to post about it and upset somebody. If there is a separate thread I will discuss there 😊
No, you’re good here 😊

Hi. I’m 5ft foot and started eating healthy two weeks ago, my starting weight was 15st 2lbs and I was living on takeaways. I’ve tried every weight loss diet plan going but have failed probably because I wasn’t in the right frame of mind.

I stopped my takeaway habit on 24th January and have been cooking healthily since using Two Chubby Cubs’ recipe books and I’ve been in a good place with my mental health. I’ve lost 4.5lbs in two weeks just by cutting out takeaways completely and my next goal is to swap fizzy drinks for water.
That’s fantastic! Well done.
Flavoured, sparkling water is such a good substitute for fizzy pop! I can’t drink plain water so I compromised with flavoured water and I haven’t looked back 😊

No, you’re good here 😊
Brill, just thought I would double check!

So I've been steadily seeing the scales drop to 13st10.5lb since monday. Fri, Sat and Sun that was my weight.
Today is weigh in day and I'm up to 13st13.5lb! Would you class today as the genuine weight or the lighter weight for weigh in?
(I do sw online)
I went out for my sister's birthday sat night and drank a lot of water Sunday as so dehydrated. Had a big brunch and normal dinner, all on plan/within syns etc.

Eta so I'm aware likely water weight not true gain

Its a new week and i was 13st 11lbs this morning, lost about 7lbs so far in the last couple of weeks. Aim is 11st 7lbs.

I only started loosing weight when I started walking frequently so planning on keeping that up.

I've started pretty well this week with walking 5km this morning with the baby, its a good thing it takes about 3km for him to actually fall asleep as it forces me to walk longer 🙈🤣 I'm going to try to walk everyday this week, even if it is just for 30 mins or so

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Are you me? I have anxiety too. I do a 25 minute hip hop dance workout every day but to be honest it does nothing. It’s all about the food. I’m watching what I eat and trying to focus on veg above all else, but also being realistic. I put a typical day meal plan on the previous page somewhere. I’ve been eating like this for nearly a month and my tummy rolls are slightly less roll-y but I’m hoping for losing a stone eventually. I’ve cut out dairy and unhealthy meals but progress isn’t fast. I’m over 40 now so maybe that’s why.
I think I should focus more on vegs as well! I’m counting calories and have not eaten candy or chips since the new year (except once). But other than that, I still eat normal meals like pasta or rice etc. I am doing about 1200-1300 calories a day but it has not really helped. I can’t go any lower.

A friend in a different thread told me she lost 4 stones from the step dancing so I was excited. Now I am not sure if dance workouts would work. Do you feel more toned at least from the dancing?

Its a new week and i was 13st 11lbs this morning, lost about 7lbs so far in the last couple of weeks. Aim is 11st 7lbs.

I only started loosing weight when I started walking frequently so planning on keeping that up.

I've started pretty well this week with walking 5km this morning with the baby, its a good thing it takes about 3km for him to actually fall asleep as it forces me to walk longer 🙈🤣 I'm going to try to walk everyday this week, even if it is just for 30 mins or so
I always debate going for a walk to get my daughter to nap but then I think... nah I’ll have to walk for ages by the time she wakes up 😂 I should use it as motivation!

• Haha
I think I should focus more on vegs as well! I’m counting calories and have not eaten candy or chips since the new year (except once). But other than that, I still eat normal meals like pasta or rice etc. I am doing about 1200-1300 calories a day but it has not really helped. I can’t go any lower.

A friend in a different thread told me she lost 4 stones from the step dancing so I was excited. Now I am not sure if dance workouts would work. Do you feel more toned at least from the dancing?
Wish I could say yes but honestly no. You’d probably have to do something like weights to see tone. It is fun though and helps release some stress. I just do YouTube vids- the channel I use is Dance with Dre.
maybe it’s the pasta and rice that’s keeping your weight where it is.
Or portion size?
Not sure if you’re on any but I sometimes wonder if my anxiety medication doesn’t help with weight.

• Heart
I'm back after a couple of weeks off due to pms and the dreaded time of the month. Just had a mile cycle on my stationary bike and feeling a bit better already! Mind you I did still eat a lot of chocolate at work... But tomorrow is a new day.
Have any of you had appointments with local NHS weight loss services? I just got a letter through saying I'm at the top of the list and to book an appointment - I'm terrified. I've put 10lb on since I was first referred six months ago 😳 and I also need to book a blood test to check for diabetes, and a smear test. Dreading it all.

I'm back after a couple of weeks off due to pms and the dreaded time of the month. Just had a mile cycle on my stationary bike and feeling a bit better already! Mind you I did still eat a lot of chocolate at work... But tomorrow is a new day.
Have any of you had appointments with local NHS weight loss services? I just got a letter through saying I'm at the top of the list and to book an appointment - I'm terrified. I've put 10lb on since I was first referred six months ago 😳 and I also need to book a blood test to check for diabetes, and a smear test. Dreading it all.
I’ve not heard of this, is it a new service?

I’ve not heard of this, is it a new service?
I don't think so, I have a friend who is a physio and did a rotation with this particular service a few years ago. I got referred by my GP so might be worth asking if there's something similar in your area if you're interested.

I always debate going for a walk to get my daughter to nap but then I think... nah I’ll have to walk for ages by the time she wakes up 😂 I should use it as motivation!
Thats what I do 🤣 I also have to walk at quite a pace to get him to sleep so I'm power walking for about 45 minutes before he's even asleep!!! I have to avoid shops and cafes though as I did go through a phase of stopping for a cake and coffee while he was sleeping 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.