Weight Loss and Healthy Living #2 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Changing my weigh in day to a Friday rather than Monday so going to weigh in tomorrow even though it’s only been a few days and then I’ll be back to weekly. I’ve been strict the past few days so I’m hoping for 1lb😬
Psychologically a Friday helps me because a Monday is a new week, and gives me time to be a bit disciplined during the week if I might have relaxed over the weekend, so also gives me the best chance of success :) but everyone has their own strategies!

weigh day for me tomorrow, been on 1600 cals all week (my TDEE was 2400) + 1hr+ of walks a day... hoping for a nice result tomorrow, but either way I’ll try my smaller pair of jeans on and see where we’re at. I feel pretty good this week so whatever the scales say I’m going to try and take the feeling away rather than the number... and then have a cheeky chinese on Saturday night 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I was feeling a bit low in the afternoon, didn't eat well at all. Kept myself from binging but can't say my snacks were anything helpful. (I had crisps, ginger beer, a piece of very sweet pastry) I just want to write today as an off day, I'll have something I like for dinner without thinking about weight or calories or whatever. I need to get my head right before my weight, ha ha. Good luck everyone, mid week already! My next weigh will be Friday. x

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Psychologically a Friday helps me because a Monday is a new week, and gives me time to be a bit disciplined during the week if I might have relaxed over the weekend, so also gives me the best chance of success :) but everyone has their own strategies!

weigh day for me tomorrow, been on 1600 cals all week (my TDEE was 2400) + 1hr+ of walks a day... hoping for a nice result tomorrow, but either way I’ll try my smaller pair of jeans on and see where we’re at. I feel pretty good this week so whatever the scales say I’m going to try and take the feeling away rather than the number... and then have a cheeky chinese on Saturday night 😬
Yeah I thought I’d do a Monday to stop me going “crazy” at the weekend but I’ve found that actually I can have a treat and stay within my calories easily but I’ll feel bloated when it comes to weigh in even though I’ve not actually gone mad! So I think a Friday will be good to be able to enjoy those treats but after a weigh in rather than right before😂 as I say I’m not expecting much tomorrow as I have only weighed in on Monday but then I’ll get back into a full week routine!!

Reactions: 8
-0.5lbs on the scales for me this morning. Absolutely fine with it since I only weighed in on Monday. Very glad to have changed my weigh in day though! A loss is still a loss🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 15
1.5kg down this week yay! Size smaller jeans aren’t buttoning up any better but that’s going to take a while I think. Just pleased the hard work paid off finally 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 18
So, regarding 'periods'... during which time frame wouldn't you weigh yourself? for example, getting your periods on wednesday, would you weigh in two days before on the monday or...? :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

So, regarding 'periods'... during which time frame wouldn't you weigh yourself? for example, getting your periods on wednesday, would you weigh in two days before on the monday or...? :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:
I'm in the same dilemma. To weigh or not to weigh!!!! That is the question...

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I avoid my weekly weigh in when I’m on my period. I did it once and had ‘gained’ 7lbs!! Never again 🤦‍♀️😂

• Wow
Reactions: 6
To anyone that's struggling but still wants to keep going, you're not on your own.

Into the first week of Feb and struggling so much. January was a write-off. I go from not eating enough to overeating/comfort eating (my usual cycle). I really need to focus as I'm determined to reach my goals this year and before you know it'll be Spring and I won't have made a dent.

I know right now the weather is still tit with all the rain and snow but even just having an hour of extra light is helping. I always find the weather lifting lifts my mood and motivation.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Just checking in, for those just eating one meal a day are you properly nourishing your body that way? I’m confused how you can be getting your 5 a day in, and eating a good amount of protein / carbs that way to properly sustain your body

Reactions: 4
I think it's different for everyone. The four days before I come on I'm heavier and the scale doesn't move regardless of what I do but when I come on it goes down again. Some people are heavier during and then go down after. The only thing I could recommend is weigh every day this month and see what the numbers do and then use that info to decide what to do next month?

Reactions: 3
I'd be really down on myself this last month thinking I hadn't been doing very well but actually having looked at what I've lost, I lost half a stone in the last month. Makes me feel a bit better knowing that I could be stricter and lose more as I've definitely had a few lax days, but also reassuring to know that I can still lose a good amount even not being super strict.

With all that being said, my other half is away all weekend for work so I've already planned out what treats I'm going to have. Will log everything and get back to being focused on Monday!

Just checking in, for those just eating one meal a day are you properly nourishing your body that way? I’m confused how you can be getting your 5 a day in, and eating a good amount of protein / carbs that way to properly sustain your body
My understanding of OMAD is that it's deliberately a larger meal with all the nutrients you need, so meat/protein, veg, some carbs. I also think most people have like a smaller thing before or after like fruit. I suppose like if you were going for a meal and having 2 - 3 courses.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I'd be really down on myself this last month thinking I hadn't been doing very well but actually having looked at what I've lost, I lost half a stone in the last month. Makes me feel a bit better knowing that I could be stricter and lose more as I've definitely had a few lax days, but also reassuring to know that I can still lose a good amount even not being super strict.

With all that being said, my other half is away all weekend for work so I've already planned out what treats I'm going to have. Will log everything and get back to being focused on Monday!
Doing it like this is so much more sustainable! If you completely cut it all out you’re pretty much setting yourself up for a massive binge. Adding small amounts of treats into your allocated kcals is the best way to do it (in my opinion). Lose slowly but consistently!

Reactions: 4
I'm curious about the eating habits. Do you guys eat on the go? Do you always eat sitting down at the table? Do you watch TV or read something while you eat? Do you tend to be finish with your meal in 10 minutes or does it take you longer to eat? Do you snack a lot? Do you always have a beverage or alcoholic drink with your meal or do you go without?

Reactions: 2
I refuse to weigh myself, cannot handle the pressure of it. How my clothes fit is a good enough indication for me. When i was younger and had any stress i would stop eating. Regretfully that changed and now I eat the stress away. Anyway week 3 of protein diet - i have a 250ML protein shake and some kind of protein only at night. Going through some personal problems now, and for the past week i've just had the protein shake daily and no food. Hope i can stick to this.

• Heart
I weighed myself today almost at the end of my period and I’m 9lbs lighter than I was at the start which just goes to show how much it effects my weight. I’ve managed to lose 11lbs since the start of January which is great although I’m still almost a stone and a half heavier than I was the last time I was trying to lose weight.

Unlike a lot of you I’m following WW using their blue plan. Are there any other WW members on here?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I'm curious about the eating habits. Do you guys eat on the go? Do you always eat sitting down at the table? Do you watch TV or read something while you eat? Do you tend to be finish with your meal in 10 minutes or does it take you longer to eat? Do you snack a lot? Do you always have a beverage or alcoholic drink with your meal or do you go without?
We used to eat evening meals at the table but now we're slobs and have TV dinners! We cook from scratch most nights so don't eat until half 7ish or 8. By the time we've eaten and washed up its half 8 and we go to bed quite early! I wolf my tea down, I'm trying to eat more mindful now though lol. I will snack a lot if I'm not careful and definitely fall victim to boredom eating. I rarely have alcohol with a meal, I prefer water or a soft drink so the flavours don't get all mixed up. How about you?

I wake up at 6:40am, start work at 7am.
Breakfast at 9:00am (ish) which I eat at my desk.
Banana/fruit for a snack at about 11/11:30am.
Lunch is usually around 1pm which i eat in front of the TV.
Snack usually at 3:30pm as I finish work, usually something like a breakfast bar or fibre one bar.
I have a Diet Coke or Pepsi max at about 4:30pm as I’m normally getting hungry and it tides me over.. and I’ve fully just got in the habit of 1 can a day so struggle without 😂
Dinner is at around 6:30pm which is in front of the TV again (it’s just me so no point in sitting at a table alone lol)
Then I have an evening snack at about 7:30pm as I’m watching MAFS, usually a jelly and something else😂

I’d say I eat meals fairly slowly but anything sweet I absolutely wolf down 😂

I wake up at 6:40am, start work at 7am.
Breakfast at 9:00am (ish) which I eat at my desk.
Banana/fruit for a snack at about 11/11:30am.
Lunch is usually around 1pm which i eat in front of the TV.
Snack usually at 3:30pm as I finish work, usually something like a breakfast bar or fibre one bar.
I have a Diet Coke or Pepsi max at about 4:30pm as I’m normally getting hungry and it tides me over.. and I’ve fully just got in the habit of 1 can a day so struggle without 😂
Dinner is at around 6:30pm which is in front of the TV again (it’s just me so no point in sitting at a table alone lol)
Then I have an evening snack at about 7:30pm as I’m watching MAFS, usually a jelly and something else😂

I’d say I eat meals fairly slowly but anything sweet I absolutely wolf down 😂
Oh and other than my 1 fizzy drink (always a sugar free one) I only drink water!! I hate all hot drinks and don’t tend to buy any squash. I only usually drink when I’m on a night out too😂

Reactions: 3
At work I very much eat on the go, as in grabbing a quick bite of a sandwich when I have time, or raiding the biscuit tin. I'm a huge snacker 😂 at home I live with my parents and we've always sat down at the table but all go on our phones/iPad whilst eating. I take ages to eat, even if I'm not on my phone I've always been a ridiculously slow eater! I make it a habit to have a bottle (500mls) of water or sugar free squash with every meal! As for alcohol, I very rarely drink maybe once a month if that! But when I do it's a G&T😍 what do you do?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.