Weight Loss and Healthy Living #12 Tattlers Transformation

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Still ploughing away!

I've lost 4 stones since my highest weight last year. I always take my start weight from July, as that's when I committed to losing weight seriously, but I lost a bit before that.

Feeling really good about myself. I haven't been this weight in a long, long time.

I just need to lose 9lbs and I'll be in the overweight category

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Is everybody calorie counting?
I’ve lost a grand total of 4lbs this month but I still keep getting pulled back to SW or WW, even though I know they both trigger bad habits in me 😡

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’ve lost a grand total of 4lbs this month but I still keep getting pulled back to SW or WW, even though I know they both trigger bad habits in me 😡
Why do you get pulled back? There's definitely something to be said for the community if you go in person - everyone working on the same goal etc. I'm not counting any more but have done so off and on again for years. Benefit is I have a really good idea of how many calories I consume these days.

Reactions: 3
Why do you get pulled back? There's definitely something to be said for the community if you go in person - everyone working on the same goal etc. I'm not counting any more but have done so off and on again for years. Benefit is I have a really good idea of how many calories I consume these days.
I don’t know really. I think because it’s always been how I’ve dieted.
Realistically I like the freedom of choosing how to use my calories, even though I get bored with counting.
But if I’m at work and I hear people talk about how well they’ve done on SW, I start to doubt myself 😂
Which is really stupid because I know that I get better results with calories in/calories out.
It’s just a mental issue I have, I guess 😳

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I don’t know really. I think because it’s always been how I’ve dieted.
Realistically I like the freedom of choosing how to use my calories, even though I get bored with counting.
But if I’m at work and I hear people talk about how well they’ve done on SW, I start to doubt myself 😂
Which is really stupid because I know that I get better results with calories in/calories out.
It’s just a mental issue I have, I guess 😳
SW or WW won't teach you good habits. They're just temporary. And so is calorie counting but through that you learn what foods are really worth it to you and how to eat so you can maintain your new weight for a very long time, not a temporary fix like those fad diets that then just let you go back to your normal way of eating and put weight back on.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
SW or WW won't teach you good habits. They're just temporary. And so is calorie counting but through that you learn what foods are really worth it to you and how to eat so you can maintain your new weight for a very long time, not a temporary fix like those fad diets that then just let you go back to your normal way of eating and put weight back on.
This is so true. I'm calorie counting at the mo and the amount of food I just can't bear to eat now because it doesn't seem worth the calories.

Reactions: 6
I had a maccies today and only 100 cals over my goal today 💪🏽 so taking that as a win haha. Interestingly I couldn't finish my medium meal. Left 1/4 of my burger & half my fries. I used to get a medium meal & an added extra like cheese bites or a 99p hamburger.

6lb down this month 🤩 13st1lb so very close to getting under 13st. My initial target was 12st but changed to 11st10lb as that puts me in the healthy BMI bracket (just!)

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Diets like SW/WW work on the basis of a caloric deficit. I prefer calorie counting as I make a conscious decision to eat healthily and cook everything from scratch, as I save calories!

4lbs in a month is a healthy, sustainable rate of weight loss. Unless you have a lot to lose, 0.5lbs-1.5lbs a week is an acceptable rate. Any higher, you risk losing muscle rather than fat. You want to preserve your muscle as you'll look more 'toned'.

I've been calorie counting properly since last July, and have lost over 3 stone (although lost some prior to that so total loss is 4 stone).

I've accepted I will calorie count for the rest of my life, as it's been the only thing which worked for me and I want to keep the weight off for good this time.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Any tips on wear to find my deficit calorie number? Tried and trusted method? Upped my steps to 15k a day and seeing no results

Any help would be fab x

Reactions: 1
Any tips on wear to find my deficit calorie number? Tried and trusted method? Upped my steps to 15k a day and seeing no results

Any help would be fab x
Record everything you eat for like 2 weeks and weigh yourself every day to see what your weight is doing. Adjust accordingly. That's the only tried and trusted method.

Any help would be fab x
I use: https://tdeecalculator.net/

I estimate body fat using: https://www.calculator.net/body-fat-calculator.html

It's only a rough guide but is a good starting point. Weigh yourself weekly. I prefer daily so I can see trends in my weight, but if the scales affect you, it might not be a good idea.

If you've upped your exercise, give yourself six weeks of calorie counting to properly assess, as it may be that you're retaining water. Also remember weight is impacted by periods, so you may not lose every week. I tend not to lose for two weeks and then whoosh.

Reactions: 8

Any help would be fab x
I use the same calculator as previous poster and then log everything in nutracheck to see how much I’m eating. The steps are great but you need a calorie deficit to make any difference on weight.

A win today: officially my lowest weight since (probably) the end of 2019. I've now accepted that I need to calorie count in order to lose weight - I just can't trust myself to eyeball portions, guesstimate with snacks etc. It's the only thing that worked for me when I managed to lose over two stone a few years ago!

After years of thinking I just can't lose weight - I'm determined that this is going to be the year it's going to happen and I'm going to be healthy, strong & the best version of myself 💪

• Heart
Reactions: 15
After returning from my holiday the scales showed a 7lb increase. I know it is water weight, plane bloat etc.

Today (5 days after getting home) I have "lost" 5.5 of them lbs.

So I am only 1.5lb up from a week AI which makes me happy.

My sister bailed on our exercise class last night but I still went 🥳

Only got 4lb to the next stone bracket and I haven't been there since 2021! So hoping to get back there soon.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
So my main weight goal this year was to be at 10st by the time I go away next week. I’m down to 10st 3! Tbh I’m happy with that as I’ve been away a few times/had a few big weekends etc and as I’m technically in the “healthy weight” category the weight comes off much slower now! Haven’t been this low since about 2011!

In terms of the fitness goals I had, I wanted to consistently run a 30 min 5k and not only have I done every 5k I’ve ran this year in under 30 mins, my PB is now 26:30, and I’ve done two sub-60min 10k’s!

I still want to get below 10st this year but I will defo get there and my only other goal is to run a Half Marathon 😬

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
So my main weight goal this year was to be at 10st by the time I go away next week. I’m down to 10st 3! Tbh I’m happy with that as I’ve been away a few times/had a few big weekends etc and as I’m technically in the “healthy weight” category the weight comes off much slower now! Haven’t been this low since about 2011!

In terms of the fitness goals I had, I wanted to consistently run a 30 min 5k and not only have I done every 5k I’ve ran this year in under 30 mins, my PB is now 26:30, and I’ve done two sub-60min 10k’s!

I still want to get below 10st this year but I will defo get there and my only other goal is to run a Half Marathon 😬
This is amazing! Go you! Well done. I am about 10.7 and want to be under 10 too... I am about to start C25K when I find the time (2 kids) but your post has motivated me to get it together. Since coming back to work off of Maternity Leave I have ate so much better, bringing healthy food and there is no vending machine/shops close by, so I have stuck to it.

How have you done the weightloss? Calorie counting?
I am only 5'3. Six years ago before both kids I was 9st 10 and felt so good and healthy but getting to that will be a struggle, finding the time and my metabolism now that I am nearly 40.

This is amazing! Go you! Well done. I am about 10.7 and want to be under 10 too... I am about to start C25K when I find the time (2 kids) but your post has motivated me to get it together. Since coming back to work off of Maternity Leave I have ate so much better, bringing healthy food and there is no vending machine/shops close by, so I have stuck to it.

How have you done the weightloss? Calorie counting?
I am only 5'3. Six years ago before both kids I was 9st 10 and felt so good and healthy but getting to that will be a struggle, finding the time and my metabolism now that I am nearly 40.
Honestly I haven’t done anything in particular. I used to calorie count but it never worked properly for me as I’d hit my calories for the day and think I was still hungry and then just eat and not track it!

I practice more intuitive eating but not in any formal sense. I know roughly in my head how many calories are in things so I just try to be very mindful about what I’m eating and if I want a “treat” I just do it in moderation.

I have a Peloton too and to be honest it’s completely changed my life in terms of my relationship with exercise. I’ve never been more consistent with anything but I try to mix it up as much as possible between riding and running. I do three days on, one day off with exercise and do cycle/run/cycle on the first three days then run/cycle/run on the second one. Between my cycle days I mix it up between HIIT training, climbs, HIIT & Hills classes, Tabata and then just the “fun” rides. On my run days I mix it between outdoor and treadmill and a mixture of distances. I also incorporate strength training - most of the cardio I do is about 30/40mins so I’ll also do 20/30 mins strength training, with no strength training on my longer run days.

Honestly I’m not sure this is helpful in the slightest as I’ve been yo yo dieting for about 10 years and it’s only really in the last year something’s clicked for me and I’ve found what works for me!

I should also say I’m 31 with no kids and I work from home permanently so I have an abundance of time to focus on exercising when I need to!

Reactions: 4
Finally came on my period. I've not been consistent for so long it's hard to know how my period would affect my weight loss.
I've stayed the same weight from 27/04-03/05 - then went up 1lb.
I aim for 1500 cals which is a 500 cal deficit but I've been really struggling with that these last few days, often being in a 200-300 deficit except yesterday where I ate to maintenance (it was half a bottle of wine that did it)
Hopefully over the next few days I'll see some movement in the right direction and be able to control cravings etc better again like I was. Still keeping up with the 10K steps daily