Waterloo Road

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just found this tread what was the point in bringing chlo back to kill her off

Reactions: 11
At this point they should do a waterloo road in heaven series with all the dead characters 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Not watched yet so all I can say is it should've been Donte

Reactions: 1
as someone says annoys me more that they used Chlo and Dante to promote the show coming back. TO KILL HER OFF FIRST EPISODE. I’m actually don’t get how this is a logical reasoning unless actress who plays chlo didn’t wanna do anymore. But she’s hardly massive actress so surely she’d have time to do series. Bascially fuming 😤

Reactions: 5
as someone says annoys me more that they used Chlo and Dante to promote the show coming back. TO KILL HER OFF FIRST EPISODE. I’m actually don’t get how this is a logical reasoning unless actress who plays chlo didn’t wanna do anymore. But she’s hardly massive actress so surely she’d have time to do series. Bascially fuming 😤
I know what you mean. They even had them on the one show tonight to promote it coming back

I’ve just watched the first episode and I’d say for the most part, I really enjoyed it. I think what helped is I went into the episode with very low expectations. I hadn’t like what info had been released to the press about the reboot. I didn’t like the fact they only brought 3 characters back from the original series. It felt like they were using the name Waterloo Road as a way to entice a young audience who enjoyed the show during lockdown, into watching this entirely new show.

I thought the chemistry between Donte and Chlo was still brilliant. Their interactions felt very natural. I have to say, I’m completely and utterly baffled why they’ve chosen to kill her off. I hoped we would’ve moved past the days of WR killing off characters for pure shock value.

I think making Kim come back in the role of a headteacher was a wise move. It’s clear Angela Griffin was having a ball, playing her once again. I loved the mention of the LEA right at the beginning of the show, as I can remember how frequently this agency was mentioned in the show’s early days. Speaking of headteachers, I hope Rachel Mason pops in at some point, to visit the new school even if it’s just a flying visit.

I felt some of the political messages felt quite heavy-handed. I understand Waterloo Road was always known for tackling social issues and has time has moved on, these social issues have changed and evolved, but I felt the issues confronted in the first episode could’ve been handled with extra subtlety.

I think all of the new teaching staff are likeable so far. The acting is also very good. However, I have to say it seems we’re lacking any characters with eccentric personalities amongst the cast so far. There doesn’t seem to be a Grantley Budgen or Steph Haydock-type character in sight, which is slightly disappointing.

Overall, I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. I loved the way this episode mirrored the show’s very first episode, via the riot, the school being in disarray, the employment of a behavioural unit on site and a death in the first episode. I’ll look forward to seeing how it pans out. I’m going to spread the episodes out over the course of a few days or weeks, rather than binge them all in one go, considering we’ve only got seven episodes so far. Apparently, all 22 episodes of this series accidentally ended up dropping on IPlayer earlier today for the briefest period of time. Can all discussion about episodes that haven’t aired on linear TV yet, be kept under spoiler tags just in case there’s some big shocks coming?

Reactions: 6
Who was the uncle scarlette was talking about brett or josh ?
I thought that too - maybe Josh but it's not like they were ever shown to meet. It's weird nobody said anything about Mika - I've only watched up to ep 2 but surely they would mention why she couldn't come. I really wanted a Mika return but it kind of seems like they've just forgotten the whole family? I expected even Donte's dad to turn up as they were close but it seemed like there was an older couple who could be grandparents but whos? It just weirded me out a bit, Chlo's dad is still alive (assuming) too and even though he was a crap parent he didn't hate them or anything

Reactions: 2
I’m still watching ep 1 but kinda guessed what would happen once she got hit by the car and people on here saying they crying. So I read the rest of the spoilers and it confirmed it.

I’m assuming Donte’s actor wanted to come back and be a full time character but Chlo’s didn’t and agreed to do one episode?

the person who plays kim marshes sister in it is michaela from hollyoakes isnt it ?
i tell you what does annoy me with it been a different school is that the special garden they made for sambuca has literally been destroyed if they destroyed the old school

I reckon they’ll named the school after Chlo (I haven’t finished ep1 yet) since the whole thing about the name anyway

What an unlucky family…. First Izzy, then Tom, now Chlo, poor Mika is probably hiding away somewhere so the curse doesn’t hit her next! I know it’s just a tv show but why keep killing members of the same family!
It was the same with the Kellys, Sambuca died then her brother did, can’t remember his name. Plus the other brother was in prison for murder! These families have no luck at all lol

Reactions: 13
Episode one has broke me already I can’t stop crying 🤣
I’ve just watched the first episode and I’d say for the most part, I really enjoyed it. I think what helped is I went into the episode with very low expectations. I hadn’t like what info had been released to the press about the reboot. I didn’t like the fact they only brought 3 characters back from the original series. It felt like they were using the name Waterloo Road as a way to entice a young audience who enjoyed the show during lockdown, into watching this entirely new show.

I thought the chemistry between Donte and Chlo was still brilliant. Their interactions felt very natural. I have to say, I’m completely and utterly baffled why they’ve chosen to kill her off. I hoped we would’ve moved past the days of WR killing off characters for pure shock value.

I think making Kim come back in the role of a headteacher was a wise move. It’s clear Angela Griffin was having a ball, playing her once again. I loved the mention of the LEA right at the beginning of the show, as I can remember how frequently this agency was mentioned in the show’s early days. Speaking of headteachers, I hope Rachel Mason pops in at some point, to visit the new school even if it’s just a flying visit.

I felt some of the political messages felt quite heavy-handed. I understand Waterloo Road was always known for tackling social issues and has time has moved on, these social issues have changed and evolved, but I felt the issues confronted in the first episode could’ve been handled with extra subtlety.

I think all of the new teaching staff are likeable so far. The acting is also very good. However, I have to say it seems we’re lacking any characters with eccentric personalities amongst the cast so far. There doesn’t seem to be a Grantley Budgen or Steph Haydock-type character in sight, which is slightly disappointing.

Overall, I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. I loved the way this episode mirrored the show’s very first episode, via the riot, the school being in disarray, the employment of a behavioural unit on site and a death in the first episode. I’ll look forward to seeing how it pans out. I’m going to spread the episodes out over the course of a few days or weeks, rather than binge them all in one go, considering we’ve only got seven episodes so far. Apparently, all 22 episodes of this series accidentally ended up dropping on IPlayer earlier today for the briefest period of time. Can all discussion about episodes that haven’t aired on linear TV yet, be kept under spoiler tags just in case there’s some big shocks coming?
So there’s more than 7 episodes?

We never saw chlo or mika dad after season one which always made me laugh. Wasn’t even at his daughters funeral 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Can people NOT openly discuss episodes which haven’t been aired yet please?
I know they’re all available on iPlayer, however I think it’s only fair to discuss episodes which have been aired incase people are just watching them on TV.
Spoiler tags are there for a reason! ✌🏻

Reactions: 10