Vonny Leclerc #2 It’s a Von Trap!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just know that JJ attempted set herself up as some sort of misinformation expert whilst simultaneously palling up with some of the biggest fantasists on twitter.
ETA also know that in the past 20 minutes, JJ has deleted all her tweets. Hi Jennifer 👋
Someone’s set Google alerts for their own name...

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Fairly sure she's got an account on here. For someone with such expertise on internet security, she sure does go for extremely identifiable usernames.
Not sure who this person is. There seem to be a few dr Jennifers on Twitter

Here's a thing... Vonny posts photos of her husband, and her children, recently a colleague, and, of course, thousands of photos of herself.

But no friends. Never a mention of any. No photos of nights out with them pre-Covid. The Eurovision and poker night photo ops are her, hubbie, and children.

Does she have any close friends? Is someone whose life is a lie capable of having any successful friendships?
The reality is, she's good company. Vonny in real life is nothing like online Vonny. She's certainly not the pale-faced flawless made-up goddess she wants to project—she's entirely normal, she's not flawless, she gurns when she talks, she's awkward, she's self deprecating. And I mean that all in a good way. She's bright, she's funny, she's alright, and it's baffling that's not enough for her. So anyway you see her about socially, meet for group drinks a couple of times, shared interests, you know. Then the dramas begin. Then the tales that make no sense. Then the backtracking and the lies. You joke amongst your other pals about what she's said or done now, but you feel bad about it because that's a really crappy way to be friends with someone. So you distance yourself because it's not fair, delete her from social media, and then the slow realisation dawns that she's mentally ill and maybe you should have said or done something, but you're not really equipped to deal with it. But Scotland is small, and time and time again over the next decade she turns up wearing a new skin, and on every occasion you get less sympathetic and more pissed off with the lies. You anticipate some sort of comeuppance, but it never comes. It's to my shame that I'm even here, but that's how it is, and I'm sure it's a very common social trajectory.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
The reality is, she's good company. Vonny in real life is nothing like online Vonny. She's certainly not the pale-faced flawless made-up goddess she wants to project—she's entirely normal, she's not flawless, she gurns when she talks, she's awkward, she's self deprecating. And I mean that all in a good way. She's bright, she's funny, she's alright, and it's baffling that's not enough for her. So anyway you see her about socially, meet for group drinks a couple of times, shared interests, you know. Then the dramas begin. Then the tales that make no sense. Then the backtracking and the lies. You joke amongst your other pals about what she's said or done now, but you feel bad about it because that's a really crappy way to be friends with someone. So you distance yourself because it's not fair, delete her from social media, and then the slow realisation dawns that she's mentally ill and maybe you should have said or done something, but you're not really equipped to deal with it. But Scotland is small, and time and time again over the next decade she turns up wearing a new skin, and on every occasion you get less sympathetic and more pissed off with the lies. You anticipate some sort of comeuppance, but it never comes. It's to my shame that I'm even here, but that's how it is, and I'm sure it's a very common social trajectory.
This is actually quite sad. How do you know her? And do you feel her children suffer because of their mother's issues?

A friend of mine is friends with the father of her first three, and he is by all accounts a decent man and an attentive father.

Reactions: 6
I don't know her well, just as an acquaintance a long time ago. I knew nothing about her then, she had no columns or anything, she was just an engaging and fun person that I briefly hung out with. She's turned up a lot in various circles professionally and otherwise since then, and I try not to engage. I can't really comment on her children, it's not fair and none of my business.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
It’s true Scotland is such a village. I don’t personally know her, but know people who do. Without exception they think she is a rocket, one in particular actively dislikes her because of her ‘mothering skills’.

Reactions: 5
This is actually quite sad. How do you know her? And do you feel her children suffer because of their mother's issues?

A friend of mine is friends with the father of her first three, and he is by all accounts a decent man and an attentive father.
Could we maybe not with the whole bringing the kids into it? Her sister has already said on here that there is no need to be concerned for them. Yes she is a chronic liar which is why we are all here, but the "she must be a terrible mother" implications leave a particularly bad taste in the mouth.

Reactions: 19
Could we maybe not with the whole bringing the kids into it? Her sister has already said on here that there is no need to be concerned for them. Yes she is a chronic liar which is why we are all here, but the "she must be a terrible mother" implications leave a particularly bad taste in the mouth.
I can see your point, but tbh if it wasn't for her relentlessly posting photos of her children (and the appalling cat breeding), I would simply find Vonny mildly amusing as opposed to something altogether more concerning.

I also didn't make the jump that you say I did. I posed a question.

I note that you're a new member, and I wonder if you've read the entirety of both threads. Nowhere has what you report as being said, actually been said.

Reactions: 5
My opinion, FWIW, is that we should definitely leave the kids out of it. Regardless of what we think about Vonny herself, the kids do seem, by all accounts, to have good dads and an excellent extended family who all look out for them. Doubtless they'll all have been affected in one way or another by their mum's issues but it's not really grist for a gossip forum imo.

Reactions: 26
I agree, the kids are kids, I personally don’t like zeleb’s posting their kids on socials for content as it’s not a decision the kids can make. I can’t stop them doing that, I can refrain from feeding into it by discussing the kids.

I was interested in the person who said at first Vonny was pretty sound and self deprecating and fun, then the drama started. I worked with someone like that, absolute diamond she was, except she started To favour this person and sort of exclude that other, three months later friendship group was split. Three years later, she was in touch with two, asked to stay with one moved in for 6 weeks no money, never lifted a finger etc. Moved out after she got a guy, never heard from her again. A decade later got in touch with the only one left who would speak to her, invited to her wedding out of the blue!? She went, never heard from her since!
Friendship group recovered after a few years, once the rose tinted glasses came off.

Reactions: 6
It is relevant that Vonny uses her kids for content. Kids can be cruel and she has definitely shared things that could get her children teased at school. Not everything has to be on social media.

Reactions: 9
It is relevant that Vonny uses her kids for content. Kids can be cruel and she has definitely shared things that could get her children teased at school. Not everything has to be on social media.
It's also relevant that she portrayed her parenting in what seems to be a totally false way in actual print media. It must have been very frustrating for those who knew better. Given that we know that now, though, I'm not sure there's not too much more to be said about it here.

Reactions: 8
Speaking as someone with a very “off centre” mother who in general did carry out her motherly duties - the kids will know something is up and feel weird about it. For all we pick up on inconsistencies they will too. Today I hope they’re enjoying the sunshine in a nice park somewhere and Vonny is letting a bit of sun get at her rapidly crumbling and decaying joints.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Speaking as someone with a very “off centre” mother who in general did carry out her motherly duties - the kids will know something is up and feel weird about it. For all we pick up on inconsistencies they will too. Today I hope they’re enjoying the sunshine in a nice park somewhere and Vonny is letting a bit of sun get at her rapidly crumbling and decaying joints.
She probably out there somewhere in her witch's hat as we speak.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
WRT her kids, I can kinda see both sides- like, you see someone acting the way Vonny does and you're immediately concerned about the effects, long term or otherwise on their kids- especially if they're making regular appearances on open social media profiles.

That being said, Vonny's sisters have posted earlier saying that the kids are all right, and that there's no need for concern. Personally I'm happy to leave it at that- like everyone else before, any more than that isn't really fair on the kids.

Given that every second person in this thread seems to have known Vonny in a personal capacity, it's not like we're missing out on the inside track of gossip.

I'm personally waiting on something to top meatgrinder Vonny 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.