Vonny Leclerc #2 It’s a Von Trap!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Crazy thought, but wouldn’t you rinse your eyes with water rather than taking a photo?
Clearly you haven’t seen the photos she takes when she’s admitted to hospital for allergic reactions....no-one else would think of taking a selfie in that situation...but then again she’s like no-one else.

Reactions: 4
Crazy thought, but wouldn’t you rinse your eyes with water rather than taking a photo?
Absolutely, but I firmly believe that she probably didn’t get anything in her eye at all and probably used this fabricated incident as a way to proclaim that she uses botanical syrups (botanicals hand-foraged no doubt) whilst joking about stereotypically middle class product usage (this joke in itself being one of the most insufferable but mild middle classisms). “Look, I’m middle class and drink Middle Class Things but I recognise the irony of this and can joke about being middle class and therefore I’m a Cool and Woke member of the middle class.” This isn’t just any syrup...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Just posting a selfie of her winking at the camera a la Agatha from Wandavision would have been a good way for VVitch Vonny to cash in on the Marvel hype. Missed opportunity!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Vonny, please come back to twitter and show everyone how it's done - the antics of the pretenders to the throne of vonny on scottish twitter are drearily ersatz and predictable.

• Haha
It really irritates me that she uses her insta stories to basically retweet other people's tweets. Clearly, she's on twitter daily in order to harvest the #content but she must have seen the way the wind's blowing wrt her own account - she can't get much pushback on insta, it's purely for her 'fans'.

Reactions: 10
She did actually manage to attract the attention of some total rockets on Twitter as well, she had a spat with a guy who kept on tweeting Jewish conspiracy theory stuff at her as well and enjoyed being a victim of antisemitism (the trolls assuming she was the real deal). I guess by remaining private on Insta she won't get that, as well as people poking holes in her stories.

She used to absolutely court trolls, though, picking on some idiot with 5 followers in an effort to display her intellectual superiority.

Reactions: 3
She did actually manage to attract the attention of some total rockets on Twitter as well, she had a spat with a guy who kept on tweeting Jewish conspiracy theory stuff at her as well and enjoyed being a victim of antisemitism (the trolls assuming she was the real deal). I guess by remaining private on Insta she won't get that, as well as people poking holes in her stories.
I was once targeted by anti-semitic Twitter trolls because apparently I have a Jewish nose and stereotypically Jewish large breasts. I'm not Jewish nor do I have Jewish ancestry (that I know of). Bigots will pick on anyone. I suspect Vonny knows this and enjoys the attention.

• Sad
I was once targeted by anti-semitic Twitter trolls because apparently I have a Jewish nose and stereotypically Jewish large breasts. I'm not Jewish nor do I have Jewish ancestry (that I know of). Bigots will pick on anyone. I suspect Vonny knows this and enjoys the attention.
Well, if you ever want to claim a Jewish identity, Vonny has very much written the blueprint. Perhaps best _not_ to report hour sister to the police for pointing out that you aren't Jewish, though.

I had no ideas a Jewish stereotype was large breasts. I wonder if Vonny's enlargement was laying the groundwork for Jewish Vonny...

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The tabloid piece that followed was quite something. Amongst other things, the photo she took of her holding her son's hand in casualty? Surely that's not a normal parental response to a traumatic situation.

Edit Oh hang on I see that's in the post too. Well, the fact remains it's weird.

Reactions: 3
The tabloid piece that followed was quite something. Amongst other things, the photo she took of her holding her son's hand in casualty? Surely that's not a normal parental response to a traumatic situation.

Edit Oh hang on I see that's in the post too. Well, the fact remains it's weird.

Blogger / YouTuber Mama Reid did similar. Her son (an asthmatic) was struggling. She took him to A&E. Vlogged it yes bleeping vlogged it. Including a clip where she’s sitting with the wee man in the back of the car clearly very ill as she’s updating her followers that she now needs to drive him to another hospital for treatment. Picture of the wee man in oxygen mask. The lot.

Blows your mind really. Not even one of those things where someone says “As a mother I feel...” it’s more like “As a human what the duck?!”

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
I can't unsee the doctors saying she had Munchausen-by-proxy, and her sister saying she researches ailments and claims to have them. Like, who tipped off the newspapers?

Reactions: 12
Pesach appropriation Vonny in full flow. I wish all those celebrating chag sameach. But not her.

Reactions: 7
Is Vonny not actually Jewish?!?!?
Started out as a Catholic, became an atheist raising her kids as "godless heathens" and stated that "organised religion is out of step with modern Scotland and in time for when antisemitism was being discussed nationally wrote about the travails of being a Jew in 2019 Britain. It's mince.

Conversion to Judaism via the progressive movements takes around 18 months. You have to go through the entire year of the Jewish calendar and study Hebrew, learn about all the facets of Jewish life in classes and then go on to have an interview with the Beit Din (religious court of three rabbis) of the movement, get circumcised if you're a man and go to the mikveh (ritual bath) to complete a rite known as tevilah (ritual immersion). That's pretty intense, and for the Orthodox you also have to live with a Jewish family in Golders Green to learn about being Jewish and commit to all 613 commandments in the Bible as well.

To go from "godless heathen" to a Jew in one year doesn't happen. The only way it could have happened is if her father happened to be Jewish and the Liberal Judaism movement who accept patrilineal descent (if the child is raised as Jewish) had issued her a status certificate stating she is Jewish. Even that involves paperwork and study and interviews, so there's just no real pathway for her to go overnight to being considered a Jew by any Jewish movement. And she's never indicated being raised as Jewish and a daughter of a Jewish father raised as Catholic would be a bit of a problem that would require more study to fix before she was regarded as Jewish.

After reading the first thread I searched all over the place for if she'd written an article in between about her deciding to begin the process to convert to Judaism. That would have explained some of this, although I'd call it poor form to write about being Jewish before finishing the conversion process. At least then it would have some explanation, but no, she's just *puff* insta-Jew with no history. A "why I'm converting to Judaism" article, which many writers similar to her have done, would at least indicate sincere intent but it just looks like as stated before it's for the kudos and little else because of the convenient whiplash in belief systems.

Or perhaps she's just a Cameron Diaz mega-fan...

I just decided to address the issue again as I'm Jewish and it pisses me off that someone's swanning around writing about our experience and our community as if she were one of us when it's obvious upon closer inspection that she's not. It may be a game to her, but to those of us who are actually Jewish claiming you are when you aren't is an insult.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.