Vignettes and Pets

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
OH MY GOODNESS - What a spectacular wake-up!! I got up to make Mr M-K his breakfast, got myself a cup of coffee and my laptop and WOW - how lucky am I to have such wonderful friends! Thank you all so much. What can I say?! Feeling warm, fuzzy and special.

My cards and wishes are fantastic - you guys are so creative! My wonderful, @Oops, kicking off proceedings with a Sonnet, no less. The absolute honour - I’m putting it in my wallet to carry around with me always. Thank you!! 🎂🎂❤❤❤🍹🍹☘☘☘☘🐶🐶🥰🥰🥰🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪

Going to water my bonnet now so it’s extra perky for the party.

Eta - Now I know how Trunchy must have felt in her Mushroom Suit! 🍄🍄🍄 Very special indeed! ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
OH MY GOODNESS - What a spectacular wake-up!! I got up to make Mr M-K his breakfast, got myself a cup of coffee and my laptop and WOW - how lucky am I to have such wonderful friends! Thank you all so much. What can I say?! Feeling warm, fuzzy and special.

My cards and wishes are fantastic - you guys are so creative! My wonderful, @Oops, kicking off proceedings with a Sonnet, no less. The absolute honour - I’m putting it in my wallet to carry around with me always. Thank you!! 🎂🎂❤❤❤🍹🍹☘☘☘☘🐶🐶🥰🥰🥰🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪

Going to water my bonnet now so it’s extra perky for the party.

Eta - Now I know how Trunchy must have felt in her Mushroom Suit! 🍄🍄🍄 Very special indeed! ❤
Have a wonderful day! Xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I was up early this morning. The uninitiated observer might have been surprised to see Mr Archer Karcher Darcy standing on guard outside at my electric gates. I wasn’t. I simply checked that he was there; prepared to fight to the death to keep any marauding throngs out and to let the VIP guests in. Today it’s THE PARTY! She’s chugging across the Irish Sea as I write and Miss Midnight, Miss Canthus and Miss Geranium and I have been tying burlap ribbons round the old mulberry tree for quite some time. The table has been set by @toomuchstuff and @fedup90210 . Naturally, we booked Jamie Oliver to cook and the London Symphony Orchestra will perform at the top of the garden this evening whilst us girls sit outside on the white terrace and get a little tipsy as we become more and more whimsical and hilariously funny. We do like a good bit of whimsy don’t we? It reminds us so well of our dear friend - our guest of honour - the one and only Mrs Bonnet-Bennet..! You find me at this very moment in my wine cellar choosing some fine wines for the proceedings. Teddy Bear stands at the top of the cellar steps. Today he has allowed me to groom him (he hates being groomed) but he is anxious to look his best when he greets Gem, Roo and Casper. @Hi there has given Casper a lovely bath this morning and he is presently swaddled in his towel whilst his mama puts her glad rags on.
We have placed the much-loved Tardis out of sight behind the summer house. Well - I say summer house but actually it’s a shed I had painted ’Elderflower Mist’. Our Darling Miss Midnight so kindly collected Namima and @happyforest and @toomuchstuff and @fedup90210 and everyone is dashing round like headless chickens (welcome to my world) in order that everything is perfect for the Grand Arrival. We all are working with happy hearts and cheerful banter and are very excited indeed. @Sofie has closed the door to her kitchen and made haste to be here and should be arriving any time soon...@DandyTandy has harnessed her squirrels and is arriving in Trunchy’s gilded coach. She plans to stop off on the way to give @Hi there and Casper a lift. It’s all coming together beautifully! Must go @Rubythefirebat has just started chatting to Archer..!

To be continued...
E0844748-1518-4941-8F60-FD7E2144BB40.jpeg

Table set - tick...

56F1B285-4BB3-4B97-88ED-9EB3357C1E06.jpeg

Wine chosen - tick...

7BE2083A-E168-4667-B672-9FA70C91A650.jpeg

Teddy groomed - tick...

36EB6AC6-3DBD-4C9F-A13C-B911C7D1F02B.jpeg

Terrace ready for tonight - tick...

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I was up early this morning. The uninitiated observer might have been surprised to see Mr Archer Karcher Darcy standing on guard outside at my electric gates. I wasn’t. I simply checked that he was there; prepared to fight to the death to keep any marauding throngs out and to let the VIP guests in. Today it’s THE PARTY! She’s chugging across the Irish Sea as I write and Miss Midnight, Miss Canthus and Miss Geranium and I have been tying burlap ribbons round the old mulberry tree for quite some time. The table has been set by @toomuchstuff and @fedup90210 . Naturally, we booked Jamie Oliver to cook and the London Symphony Orchestra will perform at the top of the garden this evening whilst us girls sit outside on the white terrace and get a little tipsy as we become more and more whimsical and hilariously funny. We do like a good bit of whimsy don’t we? It reminds us so well of our dear friend - our guest of honour - the one and only Mrs Bonnet-Bennet..! You find me at this very moment in my wine cellar choosing some fine wines for the proceedings. Teddy Bear stands at the top of the cellar steps. Today he has allowed me to groom him (he hates being groomed) but he is anxious to look his best when he greets Gem, Roo and Casper. @Hi there has given Casper a lovely bath this morning and he is presently swaddled in his towel whilst his mama puts her glad rags on.
We have placed the much-loved Tardis out of sight behind the summer house. Well - I say summer house but actually it’s a shed I had painted ’Elderflower Mist’. Our Darling Miss Midnight so kindly collected Namima and @happyforest and @toomuchstuff and @fedup90210 and everyone is dashing round like headless chickens (welcome to my world) in order that everything is perfect for the Grand Arrival. We all are working with happy hearts and cheerful banter and are very excited indeed. @Sofie has closed the door to her kitchen and made haste to be here and should be arriving any time soon...@DandyTandy has harnessed her squirrels and is arriving in Trunchy’s gilded coach. She plans to stop off on the way to give @Hi there and Casper a lift. It’s all coming together beautifully! Must go @Rubythefirebat has just started chatting to Archer..!

To be continued...
View attachment 596186
Table set - tick...

View attachment 596190

Wine chosen - tick...

View attachment 596193

Teddy groomed - tick...

View attachment 596196

Terrace ready for tonight - tick...
I’m not peeking - honestly, I’m not, because I’m on the ferry. Can I just say how sumptuously sumptuous is this glorious party setting. Ok, I’ll say no more - tie my hair and go back up on deck. X

• Heart
We have placed the much-loved Tardis out of sight behind the summer house. Well - I say summer house but actually it’s a shed I had painted ’Elderflower Mist’. Our Darling Miss Midnight so kindly collected Namima and @happyforest and @toomuchstuff and @fedup90210 and everyone is dashing round like headless chickens (welcome to my world) in order that everything is perfect for the Grand Arrival. We all are working with happy hearts and cheerful banter and are very excited indeed. @Sofie has closed the door to her kitchen and made haste to be here and should be arriving any time soon...@DandyTandy has harnessed her squirrels and is arriving in Trunchy’s gilded coach. She plans to stop off on the way to give @Hi there and Casper a lift. It’s all coming together beautifully!

To be continued...
View attachment 596186
Table set - tick...

View attachment 596190

Wine chosen - tick...

View attachment 596193

Teddy groomed - tick...

View attachment 596196

Terrace ready - tick...
Well well well!!! This is stunning Miss Oops! (Not that I'm at all surprised). Not one to toot 📯my own trumpet 🎺, but it has to be said that @toomuchstuff and I did a mighty fine job of setting a splendiferous table! I brought my ruler over from the colonies especially. I am certainly enough of a royalist to know that this is how it is done in the Mother Land. 👑 (Although...not easy to remember my 'left's' and 'right's' when exhausted from the travel, and the jet-lag - however, it was a joy to pull out all of the stops to celebrate the one, the only, shamrock gifter, the beautiful and much adored Mrs Bonnet Bennet. (A side note - how wonderful to meet the lovely Mr Archer Karcher Darcy! Has the guest of honor been picked up off the floor yet? I do hope that her structured handbag wasn't hurt when she toppled, or the bonnet!! Oh my! The bonnet must remain perky!)

The wine choices are stunning, it has to be said - but I would feel rather poorly if I did not contribute to this delightful occasion with something that I made myself. I managed to pop into my time machine and zoom back to spring, where I had selected some elderflower from my farm, and made some elderflower cordial. I do hope you don't mind my simple offering of gratitude.
1622367972665.png

1622368004229.png

Master Teddy Bear, Gem, Roo and Casper and look so wonderful in their finery... Master TB obviously knew this was a day of such significance in order to allow you near him with a brush. Memories of the *v-t* have obviously floated away....and the lion has gone... (He knows he need not protect you this day, as Mr ACD is here!

💓💙

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m not peeking - honestly, I’m not, because I’m on the ferry. Can I just say how sumptuously sumptuous is this glorious party setting. Ok, I’ll say no more - tie my hair and go back up on deck. X
Just in case you are concerned dearest one - this is where we are going to sit @Rubythefirebat if she carries on ‘monopolising’ Mr Archer Karcher Darcy...
3174844B-1668-4BBF-84EB-EF2F590BC3D4.jpeg

Well well well!!! This is stunning Miss Oops! (Not that I'm at all surprised). Not one to toot 📯my own trumpet 🎺, but it has to be said that @toomuchstuff and I did a mighty fine job of setting a splendiferous table! I brought my ruler over from the colonies especially. I am certainly enough of a royalist to know that this is how it is done in the Mother Land. 👑 (Although...not easy to remember my 'left's' and 'right's' when exhausted from the travel, and the jet-lag - however, it was a joy to pull out all of the stops to celebrate the one, the only, shamrock gifter, the beautiful and much adored Mrs Bonnet Bennet. (A side note - how wonderful to meet the lovely Mr Archer Karcher Darcy! Has the guest of honor been picked up off the floor yet? I do hope that her structured handbag wasn't hurt when she toppled, or the bonnet!! Oh my! The bonnet must remain perky!)

The wine choices are stunning, it has to be said - but I would feel rather poorly if I did not contribute to this delightful occasion with something that I made myself. I managed to pop into my time machine and zoom back to spring, where I had selected some elderflower from my farm, and made some elderflower cordial. I do hope you don't mind my simple offering of gratitude.
View attachment 596220
View attachment 596227
Master Teddy Bear, Gem, Roo and Casper and look so wonderful in their finery... Master TB obviously knew this was a day of such significance in order to allow you near him with a brush. Memories of the *v-t* have obviously floated away....and the lion has gone... (He knows he need not protect you this day, as Mr ACD is here!

💓💙
Oh! How beautiful does that look? I am not a big drinker but one of the drinks I love above all others is Elderflower Cordial. Honestly - if it goes missing I openly admit - here and now - that I will be the culprit who ‘appropriated’ it for personal use ;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Just in case you are concerned dearest one - this is where we are going to sit @Rubythefirebat if she carries on ‘monopolising’ Mr Archer Karcher Darcy...View attachment 596239

Oh! How beautiful does that look? I am not a big drinker but one of the drinks I love above all others is Elderflower Cordial. Honestly - if it goes missing I openly admit - here and now - that I will be the culprit who ‘appropriated’ it for personal use ;)
Miss Oops! I am double-minded regarding the above statement. (Pleased, grateful, but surprised at the lengths you may be prepared to go!) However...if the worst happens, I have it on exceptionally good authority that there is a stool/small chair for those who take 'appropriation' too far. ;)😘

• Haha
Doesn’t everywhere look stunning? Truly the party location “of dreams” as someone might say! I’m looking forward into changing in to my vintage floaty frock* after I’ve finished helping set up and Roo is resting in the shade so he can be fresh for when his friends arrive ❤

*NOT either Karen Millen OR Zimmerman by the way....

• Haha
  • Heart
Miss Canthus and I have just had a little emergency meeting behind the Tardis. Miss Midnight is keeping watch over our flock and has once again reluctantly had to report... Namima. I will say that again. Our Namima has been officially reported! We are all absolutely agreed that this is entirely out of character BUT we have no other choice but to accompany her to the naughty step in the cellar. Naturally, we are far to discreet to say why in case we injure anyone’s delicate sensitivities. Jamie is cooking up a storm and...

Huge kerfuffle...Namima breaks free and makes straight for Mr Archer Karcher Darcy - AGAIN! The dogs step in and sing their song in order to distract everyone...

Happy Birthday to you
Teddy, Casper and Roo
Little Gem all sing sweetly
As there’s such a to-do...

Miss Midnight gets the phone call we have all been waiting for. She is at the top of the road in her chauffeur-driven limo and she’ll be here in minutes...

Miss Canthus - PLEASE PUT HIM DOWN NAMIMA!

to be continued...

• Haha
  • Wow
Miss Oops! I am double-minded regarding the above statement. (Pleased, grateful, but surprised at the lengths you may be prepared to go!) However...if the worst happens, I have it on exceptionally good authority that there is a stool/small chair for those who take 'appropriation' too far. ;)😘
No naughty step for the host! #specialprivileges!

Eta - Namima?! Who would have thought? Oh, well, I suppose she did find him originally? 🤔🤔

Doesn’t everywhere look stunning? Truly the party location “of dreams” as someone might say! I’m looking forward into changing in to my vintage floaty frock* after I’ve finished helping set up and Roo is resting in the shade so he can be fresh for when his friends arrive ❤

*NOT either Karen Millen OR Zimmerman by the way....
Same! Dying to get all dressed up again! The sea spray on the Ferry is watering my herbaceous bonnet beautifully!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
OMG I can't stop laughing !!! What a surprise 😂😂😂😂
Girl code. What girl code ??? 🤭🤭🤭

• Haha
No naughty step for the host! #specialprivileges!
Apologies, apologies...quite right! I don't know what came over me!? I am still rather overcome by the jetlag... (I don't mean to complain, or sound ungrateful, but suffice to say, @MissMidnight didn't exactly have a great deal of 'control' of the flying carpet that she was riding on when she collected me from 'the other regions'. 😬)
***Don't show your teeth, and back away quietly, Fedup***
1622375162215.png

• Haha
  • Heart
The LSO strike up with ‘The Arrival of the Queen of Sheba’ by Handel as Mrs Bonnet-Bennet our beautiful Birthday girl steps out of her limo into the glorious sunshine. MAKD passes all of us our glasses of champagne and we toast her arrival in a state of sheer happiness and delight. She is shown to her seat at the head of the table. We all admire her beautifully perky herbaceous bonnet. It is truly a sight of wonder. Jamie (who borrowed Miss Canthus’s starched pinny) begins to wheel in the birthday lunch...

to be continued...

• Heart
The LSO strike up with ‘The Arrival of the Queen of Sheba’ by Handel as Mrs Bonnet-Bennet our beautiful Birthday girl steps out of her limo into the glorious sunshine. MAKD passes all of us our glasses of champagne and we toast her arrival in a state of sheer happiness and delight. She is shown to her seat at the head of the table. We all admire her beautifully perky herbaceous bonnet. It is truly a sight of wonder. Jamie (who borrowed Miss Canthus’s starched pinny) begins to wheel in the birthday lunch...

to be continued...
Ahhh....now this truly sets the scene. I have a dear friend who heard about the festivities and asked if he and some mates came along to participate. Do you mind? I promise you they won't be any trouble.

ETA: Forgive me for being so bold, but I have selected a song which I feel suits the group at our table particularly.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Led by Miss Geranium we all float into the dining room in our floaty, floating frocks. We are all visions of beauty as we delicately sip our Elderflower cordial graciously provided by @fedup90210. It’s more delicious than nectar and we need to make sure we pace ourselves for later. Jamie has cooked everyone their most favourite food in the world to celebrate this auspicious occasion. The dogs are joining us for lunch and are getting along together famously. Teddy Bear and Gem have made sure their bowls are alongside each other. Roo and Casper are having the most amazing conversation about telepathy and why humans can’t do it...Roo and Casper are so proud of their precious gifts. Oops feels compelled to go into the kitchen to find the dog treats but can’t quite understand why...Roo winks knowingly at Casper and then admires his mama’s dress for the third or fourth time today. Sofie has left her hacking jacket outside in the garden along with the belt and has come today in the most beautiful floaty white frock. She looks soooo pretty. Miss Canthus sits next to HappyForest who regales her with some wonderful tales of America, her husband and her puppy who wait for her safely back at home. Dear Fedup pours a little jug full of cordial and leaves it in Oops’s fridge for later. Oops notices this and waves a huge thank you.

To be continued...

• Heart
Dandy Tandy has been entertaining us for the last half-an-hour with her squirrel chariot racing up and down the garden. She kindly let each of us have a go. It’s really quite amazing how squirrels have so much power. The Roman Empire missed a trick there you know...Mrs Bonnet-Bennet has reluctantly become separated from her bonnet. Miss Midnight has resuscitated the herbaceous border on top of it and placed it in the cellar to keep it cool. Mrs Bonnet—Bennet has announced that the time has come for her to let her hair down so @Sofie has brought her a hairbrush and some pastry forks. No-one is tipsy yet but as @happyforest keeps on saying - the night hasn’t even started yet. The dogs have made a fort right at the top end of the garden (behind the LSO) and Gem is in a turret being rescued by Casper, Roo and Teddy Bear. They never seem to tire of this wonderful game. We are all sitting out in the garden listening to 3 of the cellists from the LSO play Elgar...We are crying like babies and Mr Archer Karcher Darcy has now become the official hanky dispenser. Waaagggghhhhhhh...We all begin to channel our inner Jacqueline Du Pre...none of us are much good but we all try extremely hard. @Rubythefirebat begins to perform some interpretive dance for us and dear Fedup is quickly on her heels. It’s mesmerising...Miss Canthus has brought with her a commemorative tree and she says we can all plant it together a little later. Archer (of course) has volunteered to dig the tree pit...

to be continued...

The dogs helped Archer dig the tree pit - they had a wonderful time and got very excited indeed as they unearthed so many forgotten treats. We just started the ceremony of planting the tree but had to stop for a while whilst Archer rescued Miss Geranium from the tree pit. She had tripped over the hem of her floaty frock and fallen in accidentally. For some reason she kept tripping and had to keep on being rescued...She had a big smile on her face so we knew she wasn’t actually hurt... ;)

Tel O’Mere and Mel O’Dramatic have popped in as a surprise for Mrs Bonnet-Bennet. Miss Canthus and Mrs Bonnet-Bennet have now decided that a few delicate sips of gin might not go amiss. Archer staggers outside with the evening drinks tray and many, many glasses. The sun still beats down on our gathering and we are all having such a lovely time. Namima decides it’s time to fill the paddling pool...the dogs are thrilled...Jamie kisses everyone goodbye. He’s just covered the table on the terrace with the scummiest supper banquet which we can help ourselves to whenever we want. This is the life. This is the Birthday..!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.