Vignettes and Pets

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thinking of you and your family in these crazy times ❤ Stay safe xoxoxo

@Geranium @fedup90210 saw this vid on IG and thought of you ladies. I don't know much about horses but this type of horse has always been a favourite of mine ... ❤
View attachment 597569
Ooh Namima! You found us a beauty there!! I dare say that is a Dutch Draft, but I am happy to be corrected! (Definitely the kind of bone structure that Geranium likes, although perhaps wop him off at the knees!) ;) S/he's gorgeous! ♥
ETA: thank you for your well wishes!! 🤗

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Oh, glad to hear you two are carrying on the party without us! After @Miscanthus post, I went to my trusty structured bag and - she is right- they carry a multitude. No wonder she got the candlesticks in there - I myself pulled out a very handsome bust - can’t remember how it got there, it’s all a bit hazy - but it is now perched on top of my upright piano! Oh, I do love a gin haze - zero accountability as one can’t remember 😉😉. Yes, indeed, I can hear wonderful mezzo-soprano voices in harmony. Your duet is magnificent!
Lol! I have to confess I did have my eye on that but by the time I had gone back for my handbag it had disappeared!
@fedup90210 I love I Vow to the my Country too! It makes me sob! I wish it was our national anthem. So sorry to hear about the floods xx.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Awww! There were always cart horses at Chawton House and the girls who looked after them were so lovely. I think the horses served the brewery in times gone by.
That sounds extremely likely Miscanthus! This is what I remember from when I was young...the DB Clydesdales:
1622463039391.png

Lol! I have to confess I did have my eye on that but by the time I had gone back for my handbag it had disappeared!
@fedup90210 I love I Vow to the my Country too! It makes me sob! I wish it was our national anthem. So sorry to hear about the floods xx.
You and @Milking Keynes definitely have very good taste! ;):giggle:
There's so many good choral songs out there! Again...I wonder if I'm an 80 year old in a 46 year old body. (That reminds me...must purchase some L'Occitane Lavender foaming bath!) 💜
We are happy to be living on a hill right now, let me assure you! We were a little bit worried that our culvert at the bottom of the driveway might give out, but it's all okay at the moment. (I'm hoping that my newly planted peonies are going to cope with the deluge!) Oh well...such is life! ;)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Just facetimed my friend, Miss Canthus, to see if she fancied a hair o’ the dog... what a sight befell me.. pincurls awry, spectacles askew, pinny detached and minus a sleeve - that’s not all. Dropcloth on her forehead and frozen mighty peas on her posterior. I could say with honesty, a hair o’ the dog was absolutely essential. Therefore, we have now been hastily served a ‘cure’ - so that order is resumed. Phew!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Just facetimed my friend, Miss Canthus, to see if she fancied a hair o’ the dog... what a sight befell me.. pincurls awry, spectacles askew, pinny detached and minus a sleeve - that’s not all. Dropcloth on her forehead and frozen mighty peas on her posterior. I could say with honesty, a hair o’ the dog was absolutely essential. Therefore, we have now been hastily served a ‘cure’ - so that order is resumed. Phew!
PARTY ANIMALS. 😜
How apt for this thread hehe 🥰

• Haha
🤣🤣🤣friend?....never, ever FaceTime me without at least a day's warning!!!
Thank heaven for Mighty Peas*! I wasn't sure whether to put them on my face or my bottom....
You know they say after a certain age a layyydddeeee has to choose between the two? Well, although I am far too young I have had to make that decision already and let me tell you, my rear won!
Those Mighty Peas have really brought out the bruise!
Anyhoooo....I will let you off for the FaceTime surprise as a hair o' the dog was just the ticket. I was wondering if I would ever be the same again after last night. I know my bustier top won't! My detachable sleeve was last seen around Teddy Bear's neck!
As for my long lost secateurs, they have gone on 'holiday' with @fedup90210 !
What's a girl to do?
Thjnc illn gavd snosher hairy dog...hic!
* See Aldi and Lidl thread

• Haha
🤣🤣🤣friend?....never, ever FaceTime me without at least a day's warning!!!
Thank heaven for Mighty Peas*! I wasn't sure whether to put them on my face or my bottom....
You know they say after a certain age a layyydddeeee has to choose between the two? Well, although I am far too young I have had to make that decision already and let me tell you, my rear won!
Those Mighty Peas have really brought out the bruise!
Anyhoooo....I will let you off for the FaceTime surprise as a hair o' the dog was just the ticket. I was wondering if I would ever be the same again after last night. I know my bustier top won't! My detachable sleeve was last seen around Teddy Bear's neck!
As for my long lost secateurs, they have gone on 'holiday' with @fedup90210 !
What's a girl to do?
Thjnc illn gavd snosher hairy dog...hic!
* See Aldi and Lidl thread
Count me in ... I’m upfur nuthr hairy dog tooooo ❤

• Haha
awww I have the golden chariot of dreammmmm :love: I am thankful for this thread. Otherwise, I would've remembered nothing. Must be the medicinal gin...

@Namima always find THE most beautiful men to introduce us to. And beautiful horses as well. I would be tilting my head back all the way to look up at this beauty since I'm about 5'2", maybe 5'3". 🤪 @Rubythefirebat also have an exquisite taste in men, especially man with a horse.

@fedup90210 I'm so glad your family is doing well on a hill. Hopefully everyone got evacuated to safety. Earthquakes are scary. I experienced a couple before and still remember it to this day.

• Heart
  • Haha
@fedup90210 I'm so glad your family is doing well on a hill. Hopefully everyone got evacuated to safety. Earthquakes are scary. I experienced a couple before and still remember it to this day.
[/QUOTE]
I'm quite used to them now, and they don't upset me. I know of some people who are traumatised by them though. More than likely that they have some form of PTSD from the 2010 quakes, depending on where they were and what they saw. Fortunately for me, I almost learnt to enjoy them. 😂My advice - ride them like you're in a speed boat, or on a wild steed! Now that all of our furniture is attached to the walls, I know that there's no major items that can fall on us! It's funny though, even though I am fairly blasé about them, I would never put any shelving or artworks above any of the beds in the house!!

I think I remember seeing a statistic somewhere that there have been hundreds of thousands of earthquakes/aftershocks since the major one in 2010 which killed 185 people. Crazy eh!?

We watch a lot of British shows (Grand Designs and the like), where they build with concrete blocks, using zero reinforcing, and gasp! 😅 (Difference being that the UK doesn't sit right on top of a fault line). ;)🤗🤭

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I'm quite used to them now, and they don't upset me. I know of some people who are traumatised by them though. More than likely that they have some form of PTSD from the 2010 quakes, depending on where they were and what they saw. Fortunately for me, I almost learnt to enjoy them. 😂My advice - ride them like you're in a speed boat, or on a wild steed! Now that all of our furniture is attached to the walls, I know that there's no major items that can fall on us! It's funny though, even though I am fairly blasé about them, I would never put any shelving or artworks above any of the beds in the house!!

I think I remember seeing a statistic somewhere that there have been hundreds of thousands of earthquakes/aftershocks since the major one in 2010 which killed 185 people. Crazy eh!?

We watch a lot of British shows (Grand Designs and the like), where they build with concrete blocks, using zero reinforcing, and gasp! 😅 (Difference being that the UK doesn't sit right on top of a fault line). ;)🤗🤭
[/QUOTE]
I love your attitude!

• Heart
  • Haha
Hellllllooooooooo??????!! Is there anybody out there??? (Apologies for excessive punctuation).

It stopped raining! 🤗 ☀😎⛱

Hope you are all well. (Obviously recovering from 'party time'!) ♥

• Heart
  • Haha
Hellllllooooooooo??????!! Is there anybody out there??? (Apologies for excessive punctuation).

It stopped raining! 🤗 ☀😎⛱

Hope you are all well. (Obviously recovering from 'party time'!) ♥
Yoohoo !!! Good morning lovely ladies 💞 Great news that it's stopped raining. Kids at school, had my coffee and contemplating my next move lol

• Heart
  • Haha
Yoohoo !!! Good morning lovely ladies 💞 Great news that it's stopped raining. Kids at school, had my coffee and contemplating my next move lol
I'm totally in suspense - what's your next move!?
Speaking of suspense...have you seen this clip? It never gets old for me!

• Haha
I'm totally in suspense - what's your next move!?
Speaking of suspense...have you seen this clip? It never gets old for me!
Hellooooo everybody, goood morning ❤❤❤ I’m sorry I watched that clip - I jumped out of my chair - and I’m already jumpy (three cups coffee in)!

It stopped raining for you - yippeeee! Thank God ❤.

Yes, @Namima - what is your next move? 🤔🤔🤔

• Haha
Hellooooo everybody, goood morning ❤❤❤ I’m sorry I watched that clip - I jumped out of my chair - and I’m already jumpy (three cups coffee in)!

It stopped raining for you - yippeeee! Thank God ❤.

Yes, @Namima - what is your next move? 🤔🤔🤔
I'm so sorry Mrs M-K - that made me laugh more than I should admit. :ROFLMAO: Well...since nobody else is around, what are you doing today, young lady? (Except for terrorising the Aldi-Lidl thread that is! hehehe...) xx

• Haha
I'm so sorry Mrs M-K - that made me laugh more than I should admit. :ROFLMAO: Well...since nobody else is around, what are you doing today, young lady? (Except for terrorising the Aldi-Lidl thread that is! hehehe...) xx
Well, I do confess I am partial to the delights of Aldi and Lidl - you don’t have them yet in NZ? Don’t worry, they won’t be long.... with their magical third aisle ❤

My next move is planting three sisters hydrangeas - know anything about them, green fingered one?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Well, I do confess I am partial to the delights of Aldi and Lidl - you don’t have them yet in NZ? Don’t worry, they won’t be long.... with their magical third aisle ❤

My next move is planting three sisters hydrangeas - know anything about them, green fingered one?
I shall keep my ear to the ground regarding the (almost) imminent arrival of A&L! I think we were supposed to get IKEA, but doubtful that they will come down south, and I don't think they've arrived yet! (Backwards little country that we are!)

I have never heard of 'Three Sisters' hydrangea - but Mr Google just showed me a pic, and it looks lovely! Fancy being able to make it multi coloured like that! I have put my green thumb on, and suggest that you don't plant it in full sun, (but I'm sure you know that anyway). Over here hydrangeas aren't that fussy - dig a hole and chuck it in. (I never bother amending soil or anything - for us it's just a matter of navigating the rocks! :ROFLMAO: )

Where are you going to pop them? 💚

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.