Vignettes and Pets

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When life gets us into a muddle
We all need support and a cuddle
If it’s sad or unfair
We’ve got cuddles to spare
Here’s the space to replace your confuddle...

• Heart
Reactions: 8
There are some people who choose to go through life dodging stress and ducking challenges. You are not one of them.
You have made the brave decision to study for a degree as a mature student, knowing that it would be challenging and stressful. This is on top of your other commitments, while sacrificing the opportunity to earn and entering the menopause. You should be congratulating yourself.
You are clearly driven and have very high expectations of yourself. You want to grow, learn and better yourself. You should be proud. Your frustration arises from these high standards. That's good!
Imposter syndrome? We've all had that. You have to keep believing in yourself and hold on to your 'dream'; keep going through the motions until one day you will realise you are no longer the imposter.
Lack of intelligence? I don't think you would have got this far, do you? You can do this! Your grades are good. You might want excellent but good is probably good enough.
Studying when you are older brings with it all these questions because we know all the implications, the risks. It's also so much more rewarding.
On the specifics, you have to practice exam questions over and over and over again. If you feel you are not articulating what's in your head on paper try speaking aloud, try explaining the facts to a willing friend or record yourself, play it back, try again. Then write it down.
Yes, exams are are scary, but some stress is good. You signed up for this and the exam day will arrive and you will be prepared. Failure is not an option!
You need a mentor...is there somebody in another faculty or in the legal profession you can speak to. Can you approach one of your ex colleagues in your facilty and ask them to set aside that personal relationship to help you?
Re the perimenopause, you should definitely seek medical help. Get a blood test, find out what's going on, adjust your diet, get enough sleep, look at hrt. The run up to menopause can do crazy things to your body and head, including rocking your confidence.
We are all here for you, willing you on!
In the mean time, I'll stick to gardening tips 🌷 :m🌻
Preach it sister!! :mYes, you have hit many solid points here, and are preaching to the choir. ;) I'm going to keep your positive affirmations (and from @Milking Keynes, and the wee poem from @Oops...), and when I have a wee low moment (because hey...that's life), I'm going to draw strength from them! We will kick the butt of this degree together. 😂 (Then you all have to fly to NZ, with the pets, the handbags and the shoes, and we'll have a party). 🤗👜🐶🐎🐮👠

Your value is so much more than gardening tips - but I am sure we will all agree, the gardening is a soothing and healing place - and your expertise is hugely appreciated. I actually went to the garden centre on my way to University today, and they don't have P. Bowl of Beauty, but they have ordered P. Top Hat, which is an interesting alternative. (Not as beautiful as 'Beauty' though).

I'm on it:
1622275227931.png

• Heart
Reactions: 6
We’ll kick the butt of your degree
Together we’ll help set you free
The after-party’s all been booked
It’s in the bag - your book’s been cooked
With shoes and bags in serried rows
We’ll all turn up in gorgeous clothes
We’re on to it - we’re packing - then
You only have to tell us when...
Our dogs all need the chance to meet
We’ll take them walking up your street
And bed them down in straw-filled barn
Then we‘ll get drunk there at your farm...

edited to add on...x

Last edited:
  • Heart
Love it!! :m💓 Well, that's easy - I'll be done by July 2022 - graduation ceremony will be in December, so either works! (Anyone fancy a summer Christmas!?)
1622276982263.png

I'll make sure there's a pony here for @Geranium (a 'vertically challenged one' though...never fear, I heard your plea), and we shall string lights up throughout the barn. (I'm thinking in the style of "The Repair Shop").

Might need to pack some gumboots. :unsure::LOL:💓

Our dogs all need the chance to meet
We’ll take them walking up your street
And bed them down in straw-filled barn
Then we‘ll get drunk there at your farm...

edited to add on...x
The edit is a perfect add on Oops!! You won't need to take the pooches for walkies up the street...we've got 10 acres (with rabbits!) to explore on! :m (Gosh, can you imagine the frenzy!?)

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
C32C627C-9BD4-47FA-BDCA-83A46E0FE258.jpeg

Speaking of frenzy - there is no doubt in my mind (at all) that a certain Mrs Milking Bonnet-Bennet 👒 will invite a certain Mr Archer Karcher on our NZ trip. He will need his own bed-in-a-shed (don’t ask)...I mention this merely for the sake of transparency. Discretion forbids I say more... 🤫

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
View attachment 595117

Speaking of frenzy - there is no doubt in my mind (at all) that a certain Mrs Milking Bonnet-Bennet 👒 will invite a certain Mr Archer Karcher on our NZ trip. He will need his own bed-in-a-shed (don’t ask)...I mention this merely for the sake of transparency. Discretion forbids I say more... 🤫
Oh thank you for the picture of the glorious Mr. Archer Karcher Darcy. I would be delighted to bring him - we can make good use of him - he’s very handy around a farm, isn’t he? Certainly around a cornfield ... on the subject of my missing bonnet - can we get @Miscanthus to paste our pic of us both in deep conversation wearing bonnet (moi) and she stunning in pin curls - over here? Mrs Milking Bonnet-Bennet cannot be without bonnet.

Happy Saturday - and what a glorious start to the day - a swoon worthy pic of Archer blowing us all a kiss 💋

• Haha
View attachment 595117

Well! I am 'almost' speechless. :eek::oops: (But also somehow "rolling on the floor yet somehow still typing" - quote - Mr Bill Bailey).

Of course you may bring Mr Karcher - however I believe you have attached the wrong picture, as he is a tad bit 'orange', whereas Mr Karcher is more 'yellow'.
1622282206616.png

However, if the 'yellow' Mr Karcher is unavailable, of course Mr Darcy would be most welcome. (Thoroughly swoon-worthy).
You're welcome. :m🔥
1622282572133.png

Oh thank you for the picture of the glorious Mr. Archer Karcher Darcy. I would be delighted to bring him - we can make good use of him - he’s very handy around a farm, isn’t he? Certainly around a cornfield ... on the subject of my missing bonnet - can we get @Miscanthus to paste our pic of us both in deep conversation wearing bonnet (moi) and she stunning in pin curls - over here? Mrs Milking Bonnet-Bennet cannot be without bonnet.

Happy Saturday - and what a glorious start to the day - a swoon worthy pic of Archer blowing us all a kiss 💋
Good mooooooorniiiiing @Milking Keynes 💓 I can hardly wait for this picture!!

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Here we are! Looking fab!

20210529_124542.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Ah, thanks @Miscanthus - you’ve made my day! ❤ What is life without a bonnet and structured bag and my dear friend with pincurls and dazzling brooch... #killeraccessories
Can you PLEASE put us all out of our misery and tell us WHERE you got that divine structured bag? I mean - it’s just so...er...spectacularly different...:D. Was it hand-embroidered by an itinerant pipe-lagger?

• Haha
  • Heart
Can you PLEASE put us all out of our misery and tell us WHERE you got that divine structured bag? I mean - it’s just so...er...spectacularly different...:D. Was it hand-embroidered by an itinerant pipe-lagger?
It’s a particularly mesmerizing piece, I agree. How did you know, @Oops - that’s exactly it! Embroidered by an itinerant pipe lagger! I knew such an iconic piece would not be lost on you. Extremely difficult to provide balance with one’s accessories, mind you, as the bonnet is a statement in itself, of course. However, they compliment each other superbly. I would add that many you tubers could learn from this photo. It’s possible to look this good without the need for filters, fillers, photoshop, etc. I’m trying not to toot my horn, here, but me and Miss Canthus are a sight for sore eyes. ❤

• Haha
  • Heart
I love it all! The broach, the earrings, the spectacles! The pinny!! @Miscanthus did you have something to do with the construction of the hat bonnet? Do tell...don't be timid. :unsure: 🌸🌻

• Haha
I love it all! The broach, the earrings, the spectacles! The pinny!! @Miscanthus did you have something to do with the construction of the hat bonnet? Do tell...don't be timid. :unsure: 🌸🌻
Psst...I think you’ll find that Sir Norman Foster was responsible for the design and construction of that bonnet...It’s a post-modernist work of significant art...👒. I happen to have it on the greatest authority that it had to be wrestled out of the hands of the architect (by our illustrious member) to stop it featuring at the pinnacle of The Shard and that was only because it was deemed too hypnotising to appear on the London skyline...

• Haha
It’s a particularly mesmerizing piece, I agree. How did you know, @Oops - that’s exactly it! Embroidered by an itinerant pipe lagger! I knew such an iconic piece would not be lost on you. Extremely difficult to provide balance with one’s accessories, mind you, as the bonnet is a statement in itself, of course. However, they compliment each other superbly. I would add that many you tubers could learn from this photo. It’s possible to look this good without the need for filters, fillers, photoshop, etc. I’m trying not to toot my horn, here, but me and Miss Canthus are a sight for sore eyes. ❤
You and Miss Canthus are an absolute tonic, and a splendid sight for sore eyes! You could start your own finishing school ladies. (I believe a YouTuuuuber has already attempted such a thing, but it was an epic utter non-starter. I appreciate a set of knees that aren't smiling at me also. Very demure. 💓

• Haha
I feel there's a very frivolous side to you Mrs Milking Bonnet Bennet. Is that a fringe on your scarf? Polka dots, pearls, flowers and embroidery .....and a fringe? I, on the other hand, am starched, brooched and aproned and have my hand modestly protecting a view of my fanoir! That's class! 😁

• Haha
Birthday Girl in a Bonnet

Tomorrow’s my birthday
Sunday, May 30
Let’s head to @Oops place
and have us a party.
I’d host it myself
but my busicuits aren’t the best
Neither Fortnum or Mason
Not up to the occasion.
We’ll bring candles and cake
my daughter can bake
We’ll sit in the garden
and chat til it’s darkened
Of life and love
and poetry and song
Struggles and triumphs
and rights over wrong
We’ll share @Miscanthus’ Edinburgh Gin
So we’re lively within
We’ll bring our pets for Teddy Bear
Cos the Vets gave him a scare
We’ll enjoy High Tea
with scones, cake and a large G & T
Give a shout out to eachother
Cos we support one another
These refugees will unite
For an afternoon of delight
@Oops - our glorious host
We will appreciate the most
To you all, I raise a glass of Moët
From the Birthday Girl in a Bonnet! x

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Love it!! :m💓 Well, that's easy - I'll be done by July 2022 - graduation ceremony will be in December, so either works! (Anyone fancy a summer Christmas!?)
View attachment 595068

I'll make sure there's a pony here for @Geranium (a 'vertically challenged one' though...never fear, I heard your plea), and we shall string lights up throughout the barn. (I'm thinking in the style of "The Repair Shop").

Might need to pack some gumboots. :unsure::LOL:💓

The edit is a perfect add on Oops!! You won't need to take the pooches for walkies up the street...we've got 10 acres (with rabbits!) to explore on! :m (Gosh, can you imagine the frenzy!?)
I’m so excited!

You ladies are on fire today. I’ve just been laughing my head off! The neighbours think I’ve lost the plot...

• Heart
  • Haha
I’m so excited!

You ladies are on fire today. I’ve just been laughing my head off! The neighbours think I’ve lost the plot...
Hellooooooo Geranium! I was just wondering where you were, and here you are!! 💖

It's a masterclass of herbaceousness, even if I do blow my own trumpet! 🌻🌼🌺
Ooh, I wish that theredgossiper was still here - I would love to see you in a 'floor-all' outfit, blowing a trumpet lily! 🎺 I think you'd have us all floored with your flawless tooting! hehehe...

Birthday Girl in a Bonnet

Tomorrow’s my birthday
Sunday, May 30
Let’s head to @Oops place
and have us a party.
I’d host it myself
but my busicuits aren’t the best
Neither Fortnum or Mason
Not up to the occasion.
We’ll bring candles and cake
my daughter can bake
We’ll sit in the garden
and chat til it’s darkened
Of life and love
and poetry and song
Struggles and triumphs
and rights over wrong
We’ll share @Miscanthus’ Edinburgh Gin
So we’re lively within
We’ll bring our pets for Teddy Bear
Cos the Vets gave him a scare
We’ll enjoy High Tea
with scones, cake and a large G & T
Give a shout out to eachother
Cos we support one another
These refugees will unite
For an afternoon of delight
@Oops - our glorious host
We will appreciate the most
To you all, I raise a glass of Moët
From the Birthday Girl in a Bonnet! x
What a delightful little ditty! Well.....I have fantastic news - it is already the 30th May here in NZ, so shall we commence the celebrations forthwith!? 😘 🎂 Many happy returns to the most wonderful @Milking Keynes ! Hip hurrah, hip hurrah, hip hurrah!!!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.