Vignettes and Pets

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Didn’t you mention you are getting a new dog, @Stefano?
Adopted but unfortunately she was already promised to another person who got there before I put in my interest, so unfortunate, but there are lots of others that need loving homes so we will keep looking .. xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I have set up a really comfy armchair with big fluffy cushions and an endless supply of tea and chocolate biscuits in case @Nuttynana wants to come for a little visit. 💺☕ 🐈🌈

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Hope you are all having a beautiful day - I'm about to hit the hay, as it were, so thought I'd say 'nighty-night'.
I don't have a dog (or any other animals apart from cows and chickens), so thought that I would adopt Monty Don's dearly beloved dog Nigel. I believe he passed away over a year ago. I'm a huge fan of MD and Gardener's World - they always manage to get the apostrophe in the right place, and I find it so calming. Anyway...Nigel embodies for me how an animal, whether they live with you or not, can always make you smile even when you're feeling blue. I have loved seeing your animals and kind words to each other. ❤ 💙💜 (I feel I'm preaching to the choir). xx

• Heart
Preaching...

When you preach to the choir we‘ll always admire the words you have chosen to use
We’re on the same page, there’s no side and no rage
And for Monty’s old dog there were queues
I loved him to bits, and his face always fits when attempting to stir up emotion
What a beautiful boy, he’ll be missed but the joy
He created would cross any ocean...

🌈 Nigel💛

• Heart
Preaching...

When you preach to the choir we‘ll always admire the words you have chosen to use
We’re on the same page, there’s no side and no rage
And for Monty’s old dog there were queues
I loved him to bits, and his face always fits when attempting to stir up emotion
What a beautiful boy, he’ll be missed but the joy
He created would cross any ocean...

🌈 Nigel💛
Oooh @Oops... I will go to sleep with a smile on my dial. This is such a beautiful tribute to lovely Nigel.
"What a beautiful boy, he'll be missed but the joy he created would cross any ocean..." Very touching - I have some little tears but the heart is still smiling. xx

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Oooh @Oops... I will go to sleep with a smile on my dial. This is such a beautiful tribute to lovely Nigel.
"What a beautiful boy, he'll be missed but the joy he created would cross any ocean..." Very touching - I have some little tears but the heart is still smiling. xx
With a smile on your dial you will stand out a mile
We can picture you as you lie sleeping
As your angels watch over
Each Buster and Rover and Nigel may visit you, peeping
At the girl with a tear, but let’s be very clear
Your heart has been touched and it’s smiling
What a picture you paint - we could easily faint
At the thought of you there so beguiling...

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Dorcas - The Dishwasher Dog

I’m Dorcas the spaniel - your knees may grow weak
At my lovely wide ears both held close to my cheek
I’m active, intelligent, loving and brave
And please rest assured I know how to behave
I was trained with a whistle, I Iearned every pitch
I respond on a sixpence in field or in ditch
I’m a Cocker and I give it welly and clout
When they open the doors and they let me play out
I’m alert and spontaneous with speckled brown paws
And my feathers could earn me a round of applause
I know I am gorgeous, a blind man could see
There are very few dogs as beguiling as me
Oh! Give me fresh air and a beautiful lake
And the great soaring leaps into water I make
I live in The Borders midst heather and flowers
Where Daddy and I go out walking for hours
My Daddy is really the love of my life
There are those who would envy him his lovely wife
She’s a painter you know, and I love her to bits
And I follow her into the woods where she sits
Amongst foxgloves and trees which give cool dappled shade
Where the tall grasses blow on their serried parade
When she finishes painting she’ll throw me my ball
And this is the time that I love most of all
I love my bright kitchen and if I’m alone
Whilst they go out to dine having left me a bone
I don’t mind too much if they both go away
Because now it’s the time I can come out to play
When the dishwasher‘s full - with the door left ajar
I break in and enter my square dining car
With my tail loudly thumping right there on the floor
I inhale the great scent of ‘Le Menu du Jour’
I get wildly excited, my tongue is so keen
To urgently lick all the bottom shelf clean
I know this is naughty but I’ll risk the flak
As I try to climb in to get right to the back
I’m just being helpful and saving them water
As befits a sustainable good-doggy daughter..

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Dorcas - The Dishwasher Dog

I’m Dorcas the spaniel - your knees may grow weak
At my lovely wide ears both held close to my cheek
I’m active, intelligent, loving and brave
And please rest assured I know how to behave
I was trained with a whistle, I Iearned every pitch
I respond on a sixpence in field or in ditch
I’m a Cocker and I give it welly and clout
When they open the doors and they let me play out
I’m alert and spontaneous with speckled brown paws
And my feathers could earn me a round of applause
I know I am gorgeous, a blind man could see
There are very few dogs as beguiling as me
Oh! Give me fresh air and a beautiful lake
And the great soaring leaps into water I make
I live in The Borders midst heather and flowers
Where Daddy and I go out walking for hours
My Daddy is really the love of my life
There are those who would envy him his lovely wife
She’s a painter you know, and I love her to bits
And I follow her into the woods where she sits
Amongst foxgloves and trees which give cool dappled shade
Where the tall grasses blow on their serried parade
When she finishes painting she’ll throw me my ball
And this is the time that I love most of all
I love my bright kitchen and if I’m alone
Whilst they go out to dine having left me a bone
I don’t mind too much if they both go away
Because now it’s the time I can come out to play
When the dishwasher‘s full - with the door left ajar
I break in and enter my square dining car
With my tail loudly thumping right there on the floor
I inhale the great scent of ‘Le Menu du Jour’
I get wildly excited, my tongue is so keen
To urgently lick all the bottom shelf clean
I know this is naughty but I’ll risk the flak
As I try to climb in to get right to the back
I’m just being helpful and saving them water
As befits a sustainable good-doggy daughter..
Absolutely beautiful, @Oops. I was right there.... ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Absolutely beautiful, @Oops. I was right there.... ❤
Treading carefully here as I don't know who Dorcas the dishwasher dog belongs to, but is there a photo of this gorgeous creature? I love a spaniel - any type, any time. I so miss my Toby who died a few years ago. I often think that if I were ever to get another pet, that it would surely have to be another 'spannel'. ;)

I'm wondering about another matter (while I leave #beangate to run its course), is anyone here interested in water colour painting? My daughter and I (Miss M(6)), have been working on some bits and pieces - mother dearest (that's me), has only graduated to drawing thick lines - I don't know why, but it's quite therapeutic. 😅 My actual question is - can anyone recommend a good YouTube account that might possibly teach me how to paint a simple watercolour floral? (Messy, imperfect type of things). I've had a wee poke around myself, but recommendations are always worthwhile.

Also - a question for @Miscanthus (I'm sorry to do this, because the question is related to your job, so please feel free to not respond if you're not in the zone, I will not be offended) - our property is on a hill, and I'm a keen gardener - do you know of any Instagram accounts or YouTube accounts of people who have gardens on hills? 🌺🥀🌸🌼

I hope everyone is well and happy! 💜💛💚🧡❤ Pray for me...I am about to immerse myself in 'equity' lectures for several hours. 🤓🥳😴 (Although, I might be back before you know it... #easilydistracted)

• Heart
Oops created a thread to come in and just chat. For some reason, it's been locked. Once again, I'm "late to the party" 😂 Lydiot is rubbing off on me🤭
I'm always late to the party too - you're not the only one. ;) 😘

I wonder if anyone else appreciates this pic. I don't have a horsey at the mo, but I came across this on pinterest when I was looking for a Thelwell pic (😉) and sent it to a friend who is 'malting' due to chemo (it's a sad story actually, but I try to keep a little bit of humour during rough times).
1621901725940.png

• Haha
I'm always late to the party too - you're not the only one. ;) 😘

I wonder if anyone else appreciates this pic. I don't have a horsey at the mo, but I came across this on pinterest when I was looking for a Thelwell pic (😉) and sent it to a friend who is 'malting' due to chemo (it's a sad story actually, but I try to keep a little bit of humour during rough times).
View attachment 589104
@fedup90210 humour is what gets us through !!!
My sis in law is going through the same 😞 Yesterday was her last day of chemo and she starts 6 weeks of radium in June. They have adopted a stray cat into their home (now named Oreo) who has provided them with lots of entertainment and distraction from the tough moments.❤

• Heart
  • Sad
@fedup90210 humour is what gets us through !!!
My sis in law is going through the same 😞 Yesterday was her last day of chemo and she starts 6 weeks of radium in June. They have adopted a stray cat into their home (now named Oreo) who has provided them with lots of entertainment and distraction from the tough moments.❤
That's really nice to hear. There wasn't much hope for my friend a month or two back - lung cancer, collapsed lung and heart issues - so she's looking at a third round of chemo as a positive thing. She's always got animals around her and that is so good for the soul. I miss having a pet, but at least I have hubby and Miss 6 and Mr 7 who are still very cuddly. 🥰

Much love to your sis in law, and to you @Namima ❤🎈(Balloons are also happy things!)

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.