Vignettes and Pets

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He really was a beautiful little dog, with such a huge personality. The house is definitely quieter and I'm feeling a little lost without him.
Thank you for your condolences I appreciate it. 💖
You know, @Oops writes beautiful poems and songs for our beloved fur babies - if you tell her specific traits of your Jack, she might write you a little something you could keep in your wallet in remembrance ❤🐶

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Pooh! So beautiful 💛
I'm going to shamelessly post a picture of my Monty, one of four MCs that I've had the privilege to 'own'. RIP. 😢
View attachment 569147
Oh, how stunning! They are the most incredible beings. I've always had rescues but when my old cat passed after 16 years my husband surprised me with Pooh, now we have two others as well. Just so loving and good natured. ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 10
He sounds lovely, that's a Canadian breed? All our hounds have came from rescue.
I wish more folks would take a chance on rescues.
Yes - Nova Scotia I think. I wish more people would consider rescues too. I have always rescued older dogs because people tend to overlook them. My little fellah (photo further up thread) is the light of my life. I don’t think I could have done this last year or so without him tbh.
How many dogs do you have? I had another look at Buddy this morning - he’s lovely. I wrote one of my poems about an ex racing hound - just to highlight the problems they have when their racing career is over. I might put it up for you. Last Christmas on another thread we had a Pantomime featuring all our cats and dogs and horses, rabbits and hamsters...in song and verse. It was called Fur Babies in the Woods. It was a bit of fun. The Greyhound got the girl! (Ma Pastry).

Pooh! So beautiful 💛
I'm going to shamelessly post a picture of my Monty, one of four MCs that I've had the privilege to 'own'. RIP. 😢
View attachment 569147
🌈Oh Monty!! Thank you @Miscanthus. I really hoped you would! (Obviously) I thought you would like Pooh 😄 . I don’t suppose you could put Chilli back up could you? 💛

I’ve got to say that this is one of the most hauntingly beautiful photos. He’s just heart-meltingly lovely. There is something about a dog in repose that feels really moving. 💛

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Yes - Nova Scotia I think. I wish more people would consider rescues too. I have always rescued older dogs because people tend to overlook them. My little fellah (photo further up thread) is the light of my life. I don’t think I could have done this last year or so without him tbh.
How many dogs do you have? I had another look at Buddy this morning - he’s lovely. I wrote one of my poems about an ex racing hound - just to highlight the problems they have when their racing career is over. I might put it up for you. Last Christmas on another thread we had a Pantomime featuring all our cats and dogs and horses, rabbits and hamsters...in song and verse. It was called Fur Babies in the Woods. It was a bit of fun. The Greyhound got the girl! (Ma Pastry).

🌈Oh Monty!! Thank you @Miscanthus. I really hoped you would! (Obviously) I thought you would like Pooh 😄 . I don’t suppose you could put Chilli back up could you? 💛

I’ve got to say that this is one of the most hauntingly beautiful photos. He’s just heart-meltingly lovely. There is something about a dog in repose that feels really moving. 💛
Gosh, thank you for the compliment on Roo. Sometimes he sleeps with his tongue just peeping out of his mouth which is so cute. Other times he sprawls on his back, bits displayed to the world, muddy undercarriage very visible! X

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
He’s a beaut - what’s his name?

Plus, @Rubythefirebat - can we have a pic of Tádé -White Puli that won Miss Sheep Lookalike 2020 - am very excited to see her?

I got Teddy Bear’s age right - then he can sing “I am sixteen....” 🎼🎼 from The Sound of Music and waltz with my Gem - ah, makes me smile 🐶❤
Just the idea of 🎵I am Sixteen🎶 makes me put my hands over my eyes in delight. It’s such a lovely vision. Oh - Bless them🥰 If they get married we’ll be related :m.

Bring on Tade. (Don’t know how to get the accents over the vowels). 🥰

View attachment 569111

My late furbaby Jack.

The day we brought him home was 22/04/2014, the day we lost him was 22/04/2021.
Unreal. Love him always.
🌈 Jack will be at Rainbow Bridge waiting for you - be sure of that x

He’s beautiful.

Oh, how stunning! They are the most incredible beings. I've always had rescues but when my old cat passed after 16 years my husband surprised me with Pooh, now we have two others as well. Just so loving and good natured. ♥
I love the photo of Bunny with her paw over the washing machine door - ‘S’mine...Keep of! ‘ :m

Last edited:
  • Heart
I will show a pic of Tádé when I get home. She is supposed to be a sheepdog, but she only heard the sheep part.
Her name is after the hamster character of this old hun tale.
I actually love old hungarian tales. We are not great at movies at all. But these old shows were so good, even as an adult. Sadly they did not translate it to english but I will link the first episode, if you are interested.
I think most people (maybe even some kids) know this one. The story is that a lil green pig gets a lil sister (the hamster) and they have these adorable relationship. Just like any 4-6 years old children. It is suppose to teach children how to be helpful and not jelaous etc.
Do you have any tales that you loved as a child and still find it good?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Here is my rug Tádé! You can tell how bad I am at PS! This is her two style. What a game changer!
She looks like in the green pic now. It is not enough warm yet to get her short haircut.
Oh what a sweet face! I love both her different looks ❤

• Heart
All in a day’s work for Casper. Fun, muddy walks through the fields, jumping in the river. Home for a good scrub and finally a good air dry later, we are squeaky clean. Wouldn’t have it any other way 💙
D66F371C-9930-4E3B-A3CE-5BE21B99B14F.jpeg
0918ACE9-F9C6-4F96-BE6C-B76F21574F1F.jpeg
4957964D-5347-440C-9941-EEA9E1E0C337.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Now that is some silky fur! She is a beauty!
She’s a he 😂 although a lot of people mistake him for being a girl as he is just so beautiful, with a pretty face if I may say so myself lol!

Casper!! 🦮🌟 One of our original Fur Babies! Gorgeous...🦴x
Oh @Oops... how I’ve missed you on the other thread. So so glad to have you around again, genuinely thought wouldn’t see you and got teary eyed. Thank you for recommending this page xx

• Heart
All in a day’s work for Casper. Fun, muddy walks through the fields, jumping in the river. Home for a good scrub and finally a good air dry later, we are squeaky clean. Wouldn’t have it any other way 💙View attachment 570012View attachment 570018View attachment 570023
What a cutie - with the towel around him?! 😂❤ Adorable.

I will show a pic of Tádé when I get home. She is supposed to be a sheepdog, but she only heard the sheep part.
Her name is after the hamster character of this old hun tale.
I actually love old hungarian tales. We are not great at movies at all. But these old shows were so good, even as an adult. Sadly they did not translate it to english but I will link the first episode, if you are interested.
I think most people (maybe even some kids) know this one. The story is that a lil green pig gets a lil sister (the hamster) and they have these adorable relationship. Just like any 4-6 years old children. It is suppose to teach children how to be helpful and not jelaous etc.
Do you have any tales that you loved as a child and still find it good?

I don’t remember Hungarian cartoons as a child but my husband remembers them very well so they must have been on BBC - he lived in Cavan, one of the northern counties of Ireland, kind of a border county - so they had access to BBC and the cartoons were never translated but much loved nevertheless!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
106D1EA2-6369-4EA7-AE6D-01CB5CEC467B.jpeg
I was sorting out laundry today and noticed Ginny had climbed into the pillowcase alongside the pillow, she loves cosy hidey holes !

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I mean...there’s adorable and then there’s Casper in a towel...🤗 I just want to pick him up and squidge him...

Casper in His Towel

As you sit and look at me
I like to wonder what you see
My regal nose, my head on tilt
Or fur wrapped tight from water spilt?
I like a good scrub - yes I do
To feel the water trickle through
The tender soothing when I’m dried
Then warming sunshine back outside
To dry my fur and make it shine
I bet you wish that you were mine...

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Here is my rug Tádé! You can tell how bad I am at PS! This is her two style. What a game changer!
She looks like in the green pic now. It is not enough warm yet to get her short haircut.
Agggghhhhh! She’s a stunner! 💛 💛💛
She needs to be posted for a staycation to her Auntie Oops...NOW...

• Heart
How many dogs do you have? I had another look at Buddy this morning - he’s lovely. I wrote one of my poems about an ex racing hound - just to highlight the problems they have when their racing career is over. I might put it up for you. Last Christmas on another thread we had a Pantomime featuring all our cats and dogs and horses, rabbits and hamsters...in song and verse. It was called Fur Babies in the Woods. It was a bit of fun. The Greyhound got the girl!

Just the 1 dog just now, all our previous dogs have been ex-racing Greyhounds, we fell in love with them years ago.
Big, gentle things that they are.
The 1st Grey we got was 10 years old & was stuck in a shelter for a good length of time, the shelter put an article in a newspaper trying to get him a home, we saw the ad and went and got him 😀
Although our 1st ever dog, many years ago was a Rottweiler who's owner couldn't keep him any longer.

We only have the one dog, Buddy, all our previous dogs have been Greyhounds too though, fell in love with them years ago.
Our first Grey was 10 years old when we got him, he was stuck in a shelter for a good length of time, the shelter put an article in a newspaper trying to get him a home & we went and got him.
That set the ball rolling 😀

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.