Vignettes and Pets

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ha Ha, He will be thrilled! ❤👏👏🏼. I think this makes you an honorary aunt, too, for sure @Oops - can you make the party at 3pm? Cupcakes, lemonade and seven candles - what could be finer? 🍰🥰☘🎂🍰🧁🍡Xx
OOh! All my favourite things! Cupcakes, lemonade and candles. I will bring my bubble machine and bubbles. I might also bring my hat which contains rabbits which seem to come from nowhere! 🎩 Teddy Bear will wear his Hermes lead and bark poshly with plums in his mouth! We Iove parties🎉🥳🧁☘

Honorary Aunt Oops does have a lovely ring to it…💜

• Heart
Reactions: 4
OOh! All my favourite things! Cupcakes, lemonade and candles. I will bring my bubble machine and bubbles. I might also bring my hat which contains rabbits which seem to come from nowhere! 🎩 Teddy Bear will wear his Hermes lead and bark poshly with plums in his mouth! We Iove parties🎉🥳🧁☘

Honorary Aunt Oops does have a lovely ring to it…💜
I’ll bring Gem and we can have a reunion ❤❤🐶🐶. Yay! Rabbits, bubbles and plums! And the disco later - this is gonna be a party to end all parties. Gem got her summer cut yesterday so she’s looking gorge for her TB!

9FF22272-85C1-40C0-9ED8-FE9F9BC19046.jpeg

Eta @Miscanthus is back - and injured, alas. 😞☹😥😥😔😞

Last edited:
  • Heart
Hey guys, I'm just flying by to say I am ok.
Since I have to stay at the office until 16:30h I am so tired all the time and have not enough hours of the day to keep up with tattle. Also, the J. Depp and Amber thing took a toll on me mentally. And I just wanted it to be over, so I don't have to see any comment regarding it.
I am trying to come back soon, I miss you all and our banter. I am just.so.tired.
I hope you are all as well as you can be.
View attachment 1364391
Missing you on the other thread 😍
Thanks for reassuring us and get lots of lovely rest.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Ooh that lil madam has previous! A weapon! X
Ooh....what's occurring?

Just had text from my doctor...she's ordered a bone density scan for me. Now I can't stop thinking about cancer especially as one of my old cancer group was buried Thursday. The breast cancer had reappeared in her bones. 😐

• Sad
  • Wow
Ooh....what's occurring?

Just had text from my doctor...she's ordered a bone density scan for me. Now I can't stop thinking about cancer especially as one of my old cancer group was buried Thursday. The breast cancer had reappeared in her bones. 😐
I’m sorry about your friend - that’s truly awful - particularly as you were both in the same support group. I know you are bound to worry, of course you are. The scan could be to diagnose potential arthritus though - which could be a possible outcome to the level of impact to the hand. Sending you all the love and support in the world. ❤

It’s depressing enough to have an injury as bad as yours without the additional worries. A hand injury is incredibly upsetting, exhausting and debilitating. Try your level best to distract yourself. XOXO

• Heart
I’m sorry about your friend - that’s truly awful - particularly as you were both in the same support group. I know you are bound to worry, of course you are. The scan could be to diagnose potential arthritus though - which could be a possible outcome to the level of impact to the hand. Sending you all the love and support in the world. ❤

It’s depressing enough to have an injury as bad as yours without the additional worries. A hand injury is incredibly upsetting, exhausting and debilitating. Try your level best to distract yourself. XOXO
Thank you 🥰
Trying to iron with left hand 😅. If I sit down I nod off.
I have fracture clinic Weds so will know more. Both bones are b roken but there's fragment that might need surgery.

• Heart
  • Sad
Thank you 🥰
Trying to iron with left hand 😅. If I sit down I nod off.
I have fracture clinic Weds so will know more. Both bones are b roken but there's fragment that might need surgery.
It’s important to take the meds even if they make you feel sick/sleepy. I had two surgeries but initially they took an xray, found nothing wrong, and sent me home. The radiographer was really nasty and impatient with me because she couldn’t get a proper image as I was unable to place my hand flat.

I went home and spent the next seven weeks with a hand swollen, clicking and popping before I demanded an MRI. Couldn’t drive which was the worst. Next thing you know, the hand surgeon is telling me emergency surgery is needed - everything was wrong - dislocation, fracture, floating bone particles and cysts. Two surgeries later, they told me I would have permanent arthritis. I was fuming I damaged it last week - but the right hand - I really feel for you. Think positively - you really need to get it sorted. I was absolutely thrilled with how the surgeries went. My surgeons were phenomenal and really nice. Will you get the result on Wednesday or have to wait?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Ugh..that
It’s important to take the meds even if they make you feel sick/sleepy. I had two surgeries but initially they took an xray, found nothing wrong, and sent me home. The radiographer was really nasty and impatient with me because she couldn’t get a proper image as I was unable to place my hand flat.

I went home and spent the next seven weeks with a hand swollen, clicking and popping before I demanded an MRI. Couldn’t drive which was the worst. Next thing you know, the hand surgeon is telling me emergency surgery is needed - everything was wrong - dislocation, fracture, floating bone particles and cysts. Two surgeries later, they told me I would have permanent arthritis. I was fuming I damaged it last week - but the right hand - I really feel for you. Think positively - you really need to get it sorted. I was absolutely thrilled with how the surgeries went. My surgeons were phenomenal and really nice. Will you get the result on Wednesday or have to wait?
Sounds like a nightmare 😕 so sorry to hear that.
How are you now? What happened initially?
I am taking the pain as I tried to wait between them..that was a mistake.
I have no idea what to expect on Weds. I may have ct scan if they are concerned about the fragment.

• Heart
Ugh..that

Sounds like a nightmare 😕 so sorry to hear that.
How are you now? What happened initially?
I am taking the pain as I tried to wait between them..that was a mistake.
I have no idea what to expect on Weds. I may have ct scan if they are concerned about the fragment.
I fell down the stairs one morning, literally tripped over the laundry I was carrying downstairs. Stupid, but there you go.

Yes - hopefully, a CT scan and you will have a clearer idea of the damage. So unfortunate - were you high up on the ladder when you fell? Must’ve hurt like hell. The surgery is keyhole, if that helps, so a teeny scar centre wrist where they go in and work miracles.

• Heart
I fell down the stairs one morning, literally tripped over the laundry I was carrying downstairs. Stupid, but there you go.

Yes - hopefully, a CT scan and you will have a clearer idea of the damage. So unfortunate - were you high up on the ladder when you fell? Must’ve hurt like hell. The surgery is keyhole, if that helps, so a teeny scar centre wrist where they go in and work miracles.
Oh no...a split second....

I was coming down the ladder as it felt wobbly so 5 or 6ft. The ladder went one way and my right arm was flung against a brick wall. I remember seeing my arm bent at a funny angle and pulling my hand to straighten my arm 😱
It happened about 3.45pm and i waited hours for an ambulance as here was nobody to take me to hospital, only to be told to make my own way there. No taxis available....Eventually got to hospital at 10pm!!!!. Back home by 3am.
The gave me morphine then gas and air and anaesthetic when they set it.
Nightmare.

• Sad
  • Wow
Oh no...a split second....

I was coming down the ladder as it felt wobbly so 5 or 6ft. The ladder went one way and my right arm was flung against a brick wall. I remember seeing my arm bent at a funny angle and pulling my hand to straighten my arm 😱
It happened about 3.45pm and i waited hours for an ambulance as here was nobody to take me to hospital, only to be told to make my own way there. No taxis available....Eventually got to hospital at 10pm!!!!. Back home by 3am.
The gave me morphine then gas and air and anaesthetic when they set it.
Nightmare.
Jesus. 3.45 til 10pm? That’s a nightmare. No ambulance or taxis - incredible. And then home at 3am. A horrendous experience. Horrendous.

I didn’t have anyone either, hubby away, sister travelling the world, etc but my beloved mum had just got off a flight with my brother and his family, back from Turkey that morning, and she brought me and the girls to the clinic. When I was sent home with a basic wrist support glove and a ton of pain, I suspected that they’d failed to diagnose properly. By the time I was scheduled for surgery, I’d been lolling about with untold damage for 7 weeks just because of an intolerant radiographer. Anyway, it all came good in the end. You will have to be extra vigilant with that wrist in future. My setback last week was so depressing as I could see the swelling and raised veins and signature pain shooting up the arm. I honestly try to do everything slower and more considered since the surgeries and you will be the same.

• Sad
Jesus. 3.45 til 10pm? That’s a nightmare. No ambulance or taxis - incredible. And then home at 3am. A horrendous experience. Horrendous.

I didn’t have anyone either, hubby away, sister travelling the world, etc but my beloved mum had just got off a flight with my brother and his family, back from Turkey that morning, and she brought me and the girls to the clinic. When I was sent home with a basic wrist support glove and a ton of pain, I suspected that they’d failed to diagnose properly. By the time I was scheduled for surgery, I’d been lolling about with untold damage for 7 weeks just because of an intolerant radiographer. Anyway, it all came good in the end. You will have to be extra vigilant with that wrist in future. My setback last week was so depressing as I could see the swelling and raised veins and signature pain shooting up the arm. I honestly try to do everything slower and more considered since the surgeries and you will be the same.
Poor you. That's terrible.

I blame myself. I got up the ladder in absolute frustration that nothing I wanted done had been done.

I now have a client in Oxford whose garden is due to be planted next week...and I can't even type properly.

I was shocked that my injury was not important.
I was told if I didn't get there on my own I would wait all night. They should have told me immediately instead of letting me wait for hours in pain. I was quizzed about family, friends, taxis, they questioned why I couldn't get up, asked same questions time and time again. At least i was put in a cubicle as soon as I got to the hospital, after triage. No sitting in the waiting room...
I've worked hard and paid for the NHS but it's a shambles.

• Sad
Poor you. That's terrible.

I blame myself. I got up the ladder in absolute frustration that nothing I wanted done had been done.

I now have a client in Oxford whose garden is due to be planted next week...and I can't even type properly.

I was shocked that my injury was not important.
I was told if I didn't get there on my own I would wait all night. They should have told me immediately instead of letting me wait for hours in pain. I was quizzed about family, friends, taxis, they questioned why I couldn't get up, asked same questions time and time again. At least i was put in a cubicle as soon as I got to the hospital, after triage. No sitting in the waiting room...
I've worked hard and paid for the NHS but it's a shambles.
It’s shocking. Makes you think twice about the cost per household of the Jubilee celebrations when the health service is on it’s knees. The added frustration of letting clients down for you but it cannot be helped so hopefully a little patience and understanding will be forthcoming.

• Heart
Ooh....what's occurring?

I’m so sorry to hear this xx

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.