Vignettes and Pets

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm here, sorry, so uncomfortable. This is worse than the fracture 😭
Ah, you poor thing - very painful, I know. I was miserable after the first op. Be patient - you’re only just home after a serious operation. The general anesthetic alone will take you two weeks to get over let alone the op itself. Try to elevate your right arm with cushions and keep the wrist above heart level at night if you can. Take the meds and rest as much as you can. Small naps might work - sleeping through the night will be hard because of the discomfort - it’s early days. Don’t get down about it. In six weeks, it will be a distant memory. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I've just taken double dose of pain. The new cast is so tight, I feel like my arm is trapped under a building.
I feel so ungrateful after all you did for me. Jaffa cakes and tea too 😋 , flowers and lovely things.
I went to surgery at 4pm after dozing all day with the tennis on. No food since the previous day and no drink from 6am. I think I got back from the recovery room at 7pm. I heard the consultant tell the nurse to tell me it was textbook surgery. I had a chicken mayo sandwich and tea (yes!) while semi conscious. My blood pressure (normally on low side) was raised and they were worried my oxygen levels were low so I was on oxygen.
I'm so pleased they kept me in as I spent the night asking nurses for pain...for the loo at 4am...and they taking BP , oxygen and temperature every 2 hrs.
They let me lie in a bit....
Phew...it's over. Recovery starts now.

Ah, you poor thing - very painful, I know. I was miserable after the first op. Be patient - you’re only just home after a serious operation. The general anesthetic alone will take you two weeks to get over let alone the op itself. Try to elevate your right arm with cushions and keep the wrist above heart level at night if you can. Take the meds and rest as much as you can. Small naps might work - sleeping through the night will be hard because of the discomfort - it’s early days. Don’t get down about it. In six weeks, it will be a distant memory. ❤
Yes, arm is up, told to move fingers but it hurts. Early night I think. ❤

• Heart
  • Sad
I've just taken double dose of pain. The new cast is so tight, I feel like my arm is trapped under a building.
I feel so ungrateful after all you did for me. Jaffa cakes and tea too 😋 , flowers and lovely things.
I went to surgery at 4pm after dozing all day with the tennis on. No food since the previous day and no drink from 6am. I think I got back from the recovery room at 7pm. I heard the consultant tell the nurse to tell me it was textbook surgery. I had a chicken mayo sandwich and tea (yes!) while semi conscious. My blood pressure (normally on low side) was raised and they were worried my oxygen levels were low so I was on oxygen.
I'm so pleased they kept me in as I spent the night asking nurses for pain...for the loo at 4am...and they were thing BP , oxygen and temperature every 2 hrs.
They let me lie in a bit....
Phew...it's over. Recovery starts now.

Yes, arm is up, told to move fingers but it hurts. Early night I think. 1❤

Yes, arm is up, told to move fingers but it hurts. Early night I think. ❤
So, so glad they kept you in. It’s too much to be sent home feeling weak and vulnerable. I remember post op they asked ‘On a scale of one to ten..’ ‘ELEVEN’ - I mean, it’s so much pain. Go to sleep. Love ya. With you every step of the way ❤❤

• Heart
So, so glad they kept you in. It’s too much to be sent home feeling weak and vulnerable. I remember post op they asked ‘On a scale of one to ten..’ ‘ELEVEN’ - I mean, it’s so much pain. Go to sleep. Love ya. With you every step of the way ❤❤
Awww...thank you.
Definitely 11!
Breast cancer surgery was a walk in park...!

• Heart
  • Sad
Oh it sounds soooo uncomfy! Oh dear! It sounds worse now than when you did it. Let’s hope you can get a lot of rest now. I will rack my brains to think about some distractions for you. 💕💕💕

Oh and now we have come to the end of the thread - flopping typical!

• Heart
Oh it sounds soooo uncomfy! Oh dear! It sounds worse now than when you did it. Let’s hope you can get a lot of rest now. I will rack my brains to think about some distractions for you. 💕💕💕

Oh and now we have come to the end of the thread - flopping typical!
Was thinking the same thing! Flopping typical, is right! Aaaaaargh!

• Haha
  • Heart
Oh So Good To Hear From You! ❤Xx

Is it a terrible thing to admit that I’m glad it was you struggling and not Master Midnight? You know how we worry for our kids and there’s nothing worse. Thank God he’s Ok. Nevertheless, so sorry we can’t help you and so sad not to be able to support you. Is there anything we can do to help? It’s awful knowing you’re suffering and we are useless. Oh, sending you hugs right now.X ☹🙏

On the subject of thingy, I’m so glad you agree with me - the ageism, ignorance and stupidity is right.👍👍👍 I literally could not ‘like’ a comment if you paid me - aaaaaarrgh, I need you back!! Come back soon, @MissMidnight -WE NEED YOU 🥰🥰❤
No, @Milking Keynes, it’s not at all terrible that you were happy to hear it isn’t Master Midnight struggling, to be honest I much prefer that it’s me struggling and not him!

As for Miss Thing, I’m proud to say I’ve never ‘liked’ any of her comments, given that her very first interaction with me when Master Midnight was hospitalised with pneumonia and a collapsed lung, she stated that it wasn’t her problem … sound like someone else we know?

I’m just catching up on this thread now and hopefully I’ll be back to posting more regularly soon!

Thank you so much for the concern and hugs! 🥰

Last edited:
  • Heart
New thread 😍

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.