Vignettes and Pets #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Welcome to the new thread, which was nearly Vignettes and Pete....who is Pete? 🤣

Good monring!
I would try to do a tl:dr of the last thread but it's impossible. Suffice to say we all live to see a new thread although some of us are a bit battered by life.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I blame Pete! It’s all Pete’s fault...I’m all for telling Pete to flop off!

Flop off Pete!

There…I’ve said it…

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Good monring @Oops... yes
It's flopping Pete who's to blame!
Feeling a bit better after having my arm in the air all night. Hopefully swelling is subsiding.
I have chuckled through all your posts from the last two days. You are all amazing 👏 ❤

• Heart
  • Haha
Good Monring Captain!

‘Tis a relief to imagine you more comfortable this morning! I imagine that as the swelling subsides your hand /arm will feel more comfy. What an ordeal to have to go through.

Let us all learn from you and keep away from wretched ladders from now until the end of time. I firmly believe that ladders are the enemy of womankind…I will now go and do a research paper in order to prove this hypothesis…

Oh! I thought I should just mention in passing that I am starting a movement to outlaw ginger tweed! It’s hateful, looks awful and should not be allowed. I feel very strongly about this. ‘Pouting in Ginger’ = tea towel over head time !

Moving swiftly along…

EB613689-C5B8-4759-BB1D-C8307BC81490.jpeg

Just re-sending this by special delivery dear @Miscanthus! 💜💜

• Heart
Good Monring Captain!

‘Tis a relief to imagine you more comfortable this morning! I imagine that as the swelling subsides your hand /arm will feel more comfy. What an ordeal to have to go through.

Let us all learn from you and keep away from wretched ladders from now until the end of time. I firmly believe that ladders are the enemy of womankind…I will now go and do a research paper in order to prove this hypothesis…

Oh! I thought I should just mention in passing that I am starting a movement to outlaw ginger tweed! It’s hateful, looks awful and should not be allowed. I feel very strongly about this. ‘Pouting in Ginger’ = tea towel over head time !

Moving swiftly along…

View attachment 1390788

Just re-sending this by special delivery dear @Miscanthus! 💜💜
I would happily be a case study for what not to do with ladders 😁

• Haha
  • Heart
I would happily be a case study for what not to do with ladders 😁
When you are better we will have a ceremony to burn the wretched ladders. It will make another good Fly-on-the-Wall Documentary. They are the modern day equivalent of the ducking stool as far as I can see!

Ban the Larder!
Sorry…
Ban the Ladder!

• Haha
  • Heart
Welcome to the new thread, which was nearly Vignettes and Pete....who is Pete? 🤣

Good monring!
I would try to do a tl:dr of the last thread but it's impossible. Suffice to say we all live to see a new thread although some of us are a bit battered by life.
Good Monring! Thank you, our hero, our caped crusader, our Wonder Woman - ❤❤ for rescuing us once again and treating us to our shiny and lovely Vignettes & Pete - Pets, even, new thread!

Glad to hear you are a little better this morning. Each day will bring small improvements - keep that arm levitated! This’ll help X

• Heart
Girls, it's me.
Just got home.
It's all a blur but thank goodness I have your record of what happened 😁
Eating cake my neighbour made...fortunately not Elsie's burnt undercooked offering.

Oh no, I missed the disco 😢
So I did something @Miscanthus … at the last minute I decided to launch my pre-loved Tardis, travelled to the very hospital you had been waiting in ALL DAY, and began ordering the surgical staff about (our dearest @Oops... had no idea I had already snuck in when she mentioned me).

I arrived at the hospital at 3:45pm, immediately found Dr McSteamy (Dr McDreamy is a Neurosurgeon, so he’s absolutely no use when it comes to broken wrists) and informed him you were the most VIP patient he would operate on in his entire career, and you had been waiting far too long after fasting for almost sixteen hours and being nil by mouth for nine hours … et voila, fifteen minutes later you were wheeled into theatre.

I actually took it upon myself to scrub in on your surgery, and I mean I really scrubbed - my fingertips, hands, forearms, elbows and beyond with the surgical Chlorhexidine sponge for five entire minutes instead of the standard three to four minutes, just to be extra vigilant.

Before you were completely unconscious, I let you know I was there along with Oops - you probably don’t remember because general anaesthesia contains an amnesiac agent, but I was the little bossy one wearing the pink scrub cap with white daisies on it, Oops was the one who kept fainting.

As I supervised your entire surgery from start to finish, I can confirm it was indeed textbook and there were no complications whatsoever - you also have the most beautiful ulna, radius and carpal bones I have ever seen!

Your night duty nurses were personally instructed by me to perform your obs every two hours rather than at the typical four hourly intervals, as you required oxygen and I was taking no chances - I must admit, hospital scrubs and face masks are an extremely handy disguise because nobody questioned who I was or if I even had any business being there! 😉

I came into your room and gave you a hug and a kiss on the forehead just before I returned home, however, you were sound asleep and I didn’t have the heart to wake you.

Seriously though, I’m so relieved for you that your surgery is over now, there were no complications, it was successful, you were monitored properly post op and admitted overnight - especially as your oxygen saturation levels were low enough to require supplemental oxygen and you were hypertensive.

Unfortunately, your pain will feel worse than the initial fractures you suffered before it feels better, that’s what pain relief meds are for, so please take them according to Dr McSteamy’s orders … remember, having surgery is a considered a physical trauma and your body needs time to recover from that.

I know it hurts right now, but moving your fingers will help the healing process and remind your tendons and ligaments what they are supposed to do - you don’t have to move them for very long at the moment, just start out gently for ten to fifteen seconds every hour or so and gradually increase the time as your pain level improves.

The advice @Milking Keynes gave you about keeping your arm elevated as much as possible is excellent … exactly what I would have recommended.

I really am happy that you’re okay and despite my lack of posting recently, you have been in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care of yourself and rest as much as you need to, my friend, and don’t forget that we are all here for you and we care about you so very much! 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 6
So I did something @Miscanthus … at the last minute I decided to launch my pre-loved Tardis, travelled to the very hospital you had been waiting in ALL DAY, and began ordering the surgical staff about (our dearest @Oops... had no idea I had already snuck in when she mentioned me).

I arrived at the hospital at 3:45pm, immediately found Dr McSteamy (Dr McDreamy is a Neurosurgeon, so he’s absolutely no use when it comes to broken wrists) and informed him you were the most VIP patient he would operate on in his entire career, and you had been waiting far too long after fasting for almost sixteen hours and being nil by mouth for nine hours … et voila, fifteen minutes later you were wheeled into theatre.

I actually took it upon myself to scrub in on your surgery, and I mean I really scrubbed - my fingertips, hands, forearms, elbows and beyond with the surgical Chlorhexidine sponge for five entire minutes instead of the standard three to four minutes, just to be extra vigilant.

Before you were completely unconscious, I let you know I was there along with Oops - you probably don’t remember because general anaesthesia contains an amnesiac agent, but I was the little bossy one wearing the pink scrub cap with white daisies on it, Oops was the one who kept fainting.

As I supervised your entire surgery from start to finish, I can confirm it was indeed textbook and there were no complications whatsoever - you also have the most beautiful ulna, radius and carpal bones I have ever seen!

Your night duty nurses were personally instructed by me to perform your obs every two hours rather than at the typical four hourly intervals, as you required oxygen and I was taking no chances - I must admit, hospital scrubs and face masks are an extremely handy disguise because nobody questioned who I was or if I even had any business being there! 😉

I came into your room and gave you a hug and a kiss on the forehead just before I returned home, however, you were sound asleep and I didn’t have the heart to wake you.

Seriously though, I’m so relieved for you that your surgery is over now, there were no complications, it was successful, you were monitored properly post op and admitted overnight - especially as your oxygen saturation levels were low enough to require supplemental oxygen and you were hypertensive.

Unfortunately, your pain will feel worse than the initial fractures you suffered before it feels better, that’s what pain relief meds are for, so please take them according to Dr McSteamy’s orders … remember, having surgery is a considered a physical trauma and your body needs time to recover from that.

I know it hurts right now, but moving your fingers will help the healing process and remind your tendons and ligaments what they are supposed to do - you don’t have to move them for very long at the moment, just start out gently for ten to fifteen seconds every hour or so and gradually increase the time as your pain level improves.

The advice @Milking Keynes gave you about keeping your arm elevated as much as possible is excellent … exactly what I would have recommended.

I really am happy that you’re okay and despite my lack of posting recently, you have been in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care of yourself and rest as much as you need to, my friend, and don’t forget that we are all here for you and we care about you so very much! 🥰
01399D4E-F5A3-4E67-BEDC-89E23F5EB9BA.png

Soooooooo much! 🤩🤩🤩

You we’re wonderful with Captain‘s operation! Safest hands ever! Oh happy day! She’s back and Captain is improving! Happy, happy day!

BC5C3350-7903-4FC5-B543-388035C9E9C3.jpeg

😷The most beautiful ulna, radius and carpal bones! 🤗
How many people can say that? WHAT a very much deserved accolade!🤩

Last edited:
  • Heart

Good Monring! Thank you, our hero, our caped crusader, our Wonder Woman - ❤❤ for rescuing us once again and treating us to our shiny and lovely Vignettes & Pete - Pets, even, new thread!

Glad to hear you are a little better this morning. Each day will bring small improvements - keep that arm levitated! This’ll help X
Arm is in the air 😁

Awww.....Thank you for your post ❤
To think you were all there for me makes me emotional. 😭 thank goodness you all swooped in or I might still be waiting!
All your advice echoes what I've been told. Thank you!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Good Monring! How is our patient today @Miscanthus? How was your night - are you sleeping ok? Is Dua Lipa helping you with your Elevation? I hope so. Well, what a relief that our @MissMidnight dropped in to check on you and make sure that you are ok. You are in good hands now. ❤

In other news, the Chicago shootings... straight after Buffalo and Texas. It’s literally a gun epidemic in the U.S. Of the 25 injured with gunshot wounds, the ages varied between 8 and 83. What would possess a 22 yo living in the area do such a thing? 😢😢 I seem to recall, in the mid-nineties, there was a mass shooting in Australia - someone walked into a restaurant and shot 22 people. A law was passed to ban firearms and there never was a mass shooting again, Why are they so adamant to hold on to their gun laws in the U.S? Once again, the right wing extremists ruling the roost. It’s inexcusable at this stage.

• Heart
Good Monring! How is our patient today @Miscanthus? How was your night - are you sleeping ok? Is Dua Lipa helping you with your Elevation? I hope so. Well, what a relief that our @MissMidnight dropped in to check on you and make sure that you are ok. You are in good hands now. ❤

In other news, the Chicago shootings... straight after Buffalo and Texas. It’s literally a gun epidemic in the U.S. Of the 25 injured with gunshot wounds, the ages varied between 8 and 83. What would possess a 22 yo living in the area do such a thing? 😢😢 I seem to recall, in the mid-nineties, there was a mass shooting in Australia - someone walked into a restaurant and shot 22 people. A law was passed to ban firearms and there never was a mass shooting again, Why are they so adamant to hold on to their gun laws in the U.S? Once again, the right wing extremists ruling the roost. It’s inexcusable at this stage.
Good monring! Reasonable night thanks considering arm propped up. Woke 4ish and took painkiller then back to sleep.
I was just looking at Saturday night disco and stories you all shared.😍
My thumb went a lovely shade of purple/grey yesterday and my elbow is very colourful bur I van only see it in mirror.
I have a fracture clinic appt on 18th. Xray, sutures out and new cast is think . This one is very uncomfortable.
So good of @MissMidnight to swoop in 🥰
What a gorgeous day today.
So sad to think there are people in this world plotting to kill others. Really feel for our Jules. 😪
The other thread is nearly done and not sure we even have a thread title suggestion....or a recap started...er...

• Heart
Good monring! Reasonable night thanks considering arm propped up. Woke 4ish and took painkiller then back to sleep.
I was just looking at Saturday night disco and stories you all shared.😍
My thumb went a lovely shade of purple/grey yesterday and my elbow is very colourful bur I van only see it in mirror.
I have a fracture clinic appt on 18th. Xray, sutures out and new cast is think . This one is very uncomfortable.
So good of @MissMidnight to swoop in 🥰
What a gorgeous day today.
So sad to think there are people in this world plotting to kill others. Really feel for our Jules. 😪
The other thread is nearly done and not sure we even have a thread title suggestion....or a recap started...er...
That cast sounds like torture. Try and focus on the 18th - just around the corner and will bring much relief. I’d say the bruising is very colourful - aaarrrgh! I mean, it makes you wonder about Amber Heard taking us all for fools - you cannot cover bruising!

Don’t worry about the other thread - just openly ask someone to do it and they’ll sweep in. If you don’t ask, though, everyone will be waiting for your recap of awesomeness, injury or not! Someone can just put ‘as you were’ or sumut... we can all chip in with contributions - it’ll be fine. Do we even have a thread title? I don’t seem to remember for some reason.

You should definitely come to next Sat Night Disco - it’s the best tonic to set you up for the week ahead. Nowt like a hefty dose of nostalgia, personal stories, great music, wonderful lyrics and a bop!

• Heart
That cast sounds like torture. Try and focus on the 18th - just around the corner and will bring much relief. I’d say the bruising is very colourful - aaarrrgh! I mean, it makes you wonder about Amber Heard taking us all for fools - you cannot cover bruising!

Don’t worry about the other thread - just openly ask someone to do it and they’ll sweep in. If you don’t ask, though, everyone will be waiting for your recap of awesomeness, injury or not! Someone can just put ‘as you were’ or sumut... we can all chip in with contributions - it’ll be fine. Do we even have a thread title? I don’t seem to remember for some reason.

You should definitely come to next Sat Night Disco - it’s the best tonic to set you up for the week ahead. Nowt like a hefty dose of nostalgia, personal stories, great music, wonderful lyrics and a bop!
Thank you.. have put a message up. I don't want to hog the recaps anyway..there are so many funny tattlers who might want to do it xx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Thank you.. have put a message up. I don't want to hog the recaps anyway..there are so many funny tattlers who might want to do it xx
Oh no, believe me - everyone wants yours. Not just saying it - they are the highlight of the whole thread. So, no - you’re furthest thing from a hogger! But you do need to rest and not have to type too much. If it’s a crappy recap, so what? We will have you back soon enough. ❤

• Heart
Oh no, believe me - everyone wants yours. Not just saying it - they are the highlight of the whole thread. So, no - you’re furthest thing from a hogger! But you do need to rest and not have to type too much. If it’s a crappy recap, so what? We will have you back soon enough. ❤
I just did one! Aaaargh - things I do for you 😂😂

To be fair, I had a few interruptions so it’s a bit rushed!

• Heart
I spy with my little eye…

Someone who’s been sorting plants!!

🥸😩😰🤭😷🤕😵💫

• Sad
I spy with my little eye…

Someone who’s been sorting plants!!

🥸😩😰🤭😷🤕😵💫
Oh no..I'm in trouble...

I think I overdid it...felt sick with tiredness earlier. A bit better since I've eaten though. Sorry...😒

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.