Vignettes and Pets #6 Three Degrees of Separation

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Oops On the subject, how are you feeding the millions? I hope you are wearing pinny with your bonnet and cooking up a storm... your favourite thing!

I am so out of practice at hosting that I’m already worrying about what to give my guests - and there aren’t that many!
As I write I have my Susie Watson Christmas pinny on over my fab, floaty pink pyjamas with a pr of pink and white Givenchy trainers. I will remove the pinny soon and float upstairs wafting some gorgeous men’s cologne and do a face full of make up after which I will add a very lovely cashmere Acne pashmina in pink and camel. It’s sooo comfy and I appear to float when wearing this and no-one has ever been brave enough to point out the fact that I am wearing my pyjamas. If they did I might have to send them down to sit on the naughty step in the cellar. You think I am joking? I am soooo not…

IMG_0425.jpeg

Grown men have wept - Let me tell you…

• Haha
Reactions: 2
As I write I have my Susie Watson Christmas pinny on over my fab, floaty pink pyjamas with a pr of pink and white Givenchy trainers. I will remove the pinny soon and float upstairs wafting some gorgeous men’s cologne and do a face full of make up after which I will add a very lovely cashmere Acne pashmina in pink and camel. It’s sooo comfy and I appear to float when wearing this and no-one has ever been brave enough to point out the fact that I am wearing my pyjamas. If they did I might have to send them down to sit on the naughty step in the cellar. You think I am joking? I am soooo not…

View attachment 2908615

Grown men have wept - Let me tell you…
The naughty step is in the cellar?? The cellar that houses all the Portuguese wines?? I think, if this is the case, there will be a lot of guests telling you you are wearing pyjamas 😂 I can think of a lot worse places to be ....!

• Haha

I'm leaving this throwback here because I really enjoyed watching it.💃

I'm going to have to enjoy reading about food because I can't taste anything but it all sounds delicious. Hope you have a wonderful meal @Oops...
Just been round Sainsbury's and the strike rate wasn't good...apart from ginger yogurt, ice cream, strawberries, tomatoes!

• Heart

I'm leaving this throwback here because I really enjoyed watching it.💃

I'm going to have to enjoy reading about food because I can't taste anything but it all sounds delicious. Hope you have a wonderful meal @Oops...
Just been round Sainsbury's and the strike rate wasn't good...apart from ginger yogurt, ice cream, strawberries, tomatoes!
That was SOME moment - I remember it so well. It was so exciting and so directional for Irish dancing. I think because there are no arm movements whatsoever in Irish dancing, tight by the side, we rarely get the passion but this performance had it in spades - the talent - and to think Jean Butler and Michael Flatley choreographed it too - incredible!

Dang - I thought me and @Oops might have whetted your appetite with tasty morsels. Never mind - enjoy what you like for now - then, when we visit @Oops we will bring a giant cheese board to the naughty cellar!

Best of bestest tomorrow, Capitán. As always, we will be thinking of you. ❤
---
Eta - I meant to put my (beloved) asterix* beside the naughty cellar **** - I honestly would love nothing more than a get together for us 🥰 We know eachother a long ol’ time - my story, for sure, is not a smooth one or a pretty one - you might have to buckle up - really, truthfully - Anyway, #honestybeginsin@Oopscellar

Love to all on our beloved thread. Never Leave. ❤❤❤❤❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
That was SOME moment - I remember it so well. It was so exciting and so directional for Irish dancing. I think because there are no arm movements whatsoever in Irish dancing, tight by the side, we rarely get the passion but this performance had it in spades - the talent - and to think Jean Butler and Michael Flatley choreographed it too - incredible!

Dang - I thought me and @Oops might have whetted your appetite with tasty morsels. Never mind - enjoy what you like for now - then, when we visit @Oops we will bring a giant cheese board to the naughty cellar!

Best of bestest tomorrow, Capitán. As always, we will be thinking of you. ❤
---
Eta - I meant to put my (beloved) asterix* beside the naughty cellar **** - I honestly would love nothing more than a get together for us 🥰 We know eachother a long ol’ time - my story, for sure, is not a smooth one or a pretty one - you might have to buckle up - really, truthfully - Anyway, #honestybeginsin@Oopscellar

Love to all on our beloved thread. Never Leave. ❤❤❤❤❤
Thank you ❤
Cheese board...
Would you flopping believe I'm not allowed to eat any blue cheese #riskofinfection? I had a tiny piece the other day (naughty!) and it tasted delicious. Path too...in fact it's a pregnancy diet...ironic or what.

Book club last night....we haven't had one since the end of last year....and it was a laugh. Just what I needed. The books, in case you are interested, are:

1. A Paris Apartment - Lucy Foley
2. You are here - David Nichols
---

This is my all time watch when I need cheering up....Robert Webb dancing to Flashdabce 'What a feeling!' 😁

• Heart
  • Haha
Thank you ❤
Cheese board...
Would you flopping believe I'm not allowed to eat any blue cheese #riskofinfection? I had a tiny piece the other day (naughty!) and it tasted delicious. Path too...in fact it's a pregnancy diet...ironic or what.

Book club last night....we haven't had one since the end of last year....and it was a laugh. Just what I needed. The books, in case you are interested, are:

1. A Paris Apartment - Lucy Foley
2. You are here - David Nichols
---

This is my all time watch when I need cheering up....Robert Webb dancing to Flashdabce 'What a feeling!' 😁
To be fair to Robert Webb - better than the original?

Thank you so much... Rarely do I get a book club recommendation - Yay! I’m reserving those bad babies as we speak - stingeboat here only reserves ‘em from the library and never buys them ...

Aaaaargh - no blue cheese - I love it but since Mr MK has put dietary rules in place, I also have forgotten the joys of a good Roquefort - Now, it’s all chamomile tea...😴😴😴😴

I love that you are loving music to keep you upbeat - It’s our life, soul, veins, heart.. our everything - I cannot be in my car NOT listening all of the time... Three Degrees Girls!❤ Sister Sledge ❤ Lost in Music ❤

---

Last edited:
  • Heart
To be fair to Robert Webb - better than the original?

Thank you so much... Rarely do I get a book club recommendation - Yay! I’m reserving those bad babies as we speak - stingeboat here only reserves ‘em from the library and never buys them ...

Aaaaargh - no blue cheese - I love it but since Mr MK has put dietary rules in place, I also have forgotten the joys of a good Roquefort - Now, it’s all chamomile tea...😴😴😴😴

I love that you are loving music to keep you upbeat - It’s our life, soul, veins, heart.. our everything - I cannot be in my car NOT listening all of the time... Three Degrees Girls!❤ Sister Sledge ❤ Lost in Music ❤

---
That was supposed to read 'paté too' ....also verboten.

I'm not a music gal at all! I never have music playing when I'm at home and usually radio 4 in the car. Boring aren't I? It's not that I don't love music but I like silence too. Sometimes, though, it just hits the spot.
As for the books...the second is still hardback so expensive. I have far too many books so now I just download to my kindle.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Agghhh - I don’t know what to do with my Two Degrees - you won’t read, cook, listen to music.... 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️ You’re a right pair 🙄🙄
---
Let us know how you get on tomorrow, Missy Canthus ❤❤ Nighty night, all. XX

Last edited:
  • Heart
That was supposed to read 'paté too' ....also verboten.

I'm not a music gal at all! I never have music playing when I'm at home and usually radio 4 in the car. Boring aren't I? It's not that I don't love music but I like silence too. Sometimes, though, it just hits the spot.
As for the books...the second is still hardback so expensive. I have far too many books so now I just download to my kindle.
@Miscanthus - I’m worried about our @Oops - how is the hospitality going and might she need a dropcloth??!

• Heart
@Miscanthus - I’m worried about our @Oops - how is the hospitality going and might she need a dropcloth??!
It has gone suspiciously quiet. I fear she has slipped beneath the table in the cellar....those satin pyjama bottoms are lethal! Did her guests not notice her absence?
Definitely a case for a dropcloth!

• Haha
Well! That did the trick! Give me a whiff of the barmaid”s dropcloth and I become animated again. This is me being animated…

I am still way out in the country in Monmouthshire with my (presently sleeping ) son. My family have gone) back to Germany. My Aunt (92) came and sat with me and held my hands and told me my hair really suited me and went well with my eyes. Then she told me her time here had been like a dream and that she was coming to see me again next year! She’s amazing. I am so blessed with my wonderful family. All my batteries feel recharged. My breathing is flopping dodgy but I feel very loved. My son cooked up an absolute storm - he is the most generous host. A lovely purple patch of memories to treasure after I return home later today.

Teddy has hardly eaten anything though I came armed to the gunnels with what used to be his fave food. He has developed a love for `Doritos which I am aghast at. He also likes honey roast cold ham! He hates everything I brought for him and turns his newly discerning nose up at every effort I make. Give him a Dorito though (actually PLEASE don”t ) and he’ll leave home for you…

He‘s much slower on his legs and cant get up on the sofa anymore although still shows he wants to. He’s never let anyone lift him so he has to watch from the floor these days. It makes me sad. He loves my son‘s vast gardens though and will happily poodle around them for ages. I used to own this place and my son now has taken it on. It’s really lovely here. Amazing trees all brought in from grand tours from previous centuries. The vast swathes of daffodils and tulips are going over now but the orchard is starting to look like a wedding with all the blossoms and as I am writing I can see the purples, acid greens and greens of the amazing arboretum. It’s food for the soul visually. The fox got two of my son’s hens and he’s upset. He will rescues two more he says.

So that’s me up to date. Sorry for being AWOL but its been pretty full on.

I hope Thursday went as well as it could do for you dear Captain. I was thinking of you.

WHERE is our dear Aunty Happy?

Dearest Havisham did you sort your menus out and have you made your amazing pasta?

Missed you all but hopefully back to normal once I get home later today.
---
IMG_0426.jpeg

The view as I write…
---
IMG_0427.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Well! That did the trick! Give me a whiff of the barmaid”s dropcloth and I become animated again. This is me being animated…

I am still way out in the country in Monmouthshire with my (presently sleeping ) son. My family have gone) back to Germany. My Aunt (92) came and sat with me and held my hands and told me my hair really suited me and went well with my eyes. Then she told me her time here had been like a dream and that she was coming to see me again next year! She’s amazing. I am so blessed with my wonderful family. All my batteries feel recharged. My breathing is flopping dodgy but I feel very loved. My son cooked up an absolute storm - he is the most generous host. A lovely purple patch of memories to treasure after I return home later today.

Teddy has hardly eaten anything though I came armed to the gunnels with what used to be his fave food. He has developed a love for `Doritos which I am aghast at. He also likes honey roast cold ham! He hates everything I brought for him and turns his newly discerning nose up at every effort I make. Give him a Dorito though (actually PLEASE don”t ) and he’ll leave home for you…

He‘s much slower on his legs and cant get up on the sofa anymore although still shows he wants to. He’s never let anyone lift him so he has to watch from the floor these days. It makes me sad. He loves my son‘s vast gardens though and will happily poodle around them for ages. I used to own this place and my son now has taken it on. It’s really lovely here. Amazing trees all brought in from grand tours from previous centuries. The vast swathes of daffodils and tulips are going over now but the orchard is starting to look like a wedding with all the blossoms and as I am writing I can see the purples, acid greens and greens of the amazing arboretum. It’s food for the soul visually. The fox got two of my son’s hens and he’s upset. He will rescues two more he says.

I hope Thursday went as well as it could do for you dear Captain. I was thinking of you.

Dearest Havisham did you sort your menus out and have you made your amazing pasta?

---
View attachment 2918027
The view as I write…
---
View attachment 2918033
So good to hear from you 🥰
What a stunning garden. Thank you for sharing the view.
How wonderful to spend time with special people in special places.
---
Where is @happyforest ?

I suspect she's in a log cabin, off grid. Halloooooooo!

• Heart
Oh she must find a grid sooon surely! Any grid will do just so she can tell us everything…logcabinitis is an illness i have had for some unfulfilled years…She must know this!

• Haha
  • Heart
It has gone suspiciously quiet. I fear she has slipped beneath the table in the cellar....those satin pyjama bottoms are lethal! Did her guests not notice her absence?
Definitely a case for a dropcloth!

---
View attachment 2918027
The view as I write…
---
View attachment 2918033
The views are magnificent, @Oops - your son obviously cares meticulously for the gardens. Stunning.

Enjoy your last day! What a fun time you have had with family. Great to hear some of your news.

Yes, @Miscanthus - hope you have been recovering well from Thursday’s treatment.

@happyforest - What can we say? 😪😪😪 Come back and stay for good this time as Paul Young would say...

• Heart
@Miscanthus -as always - all the very best for tomorrow. I’m exhausted today -

Had to chauffeur one to the US embassy for her J-1 visa- up at 6.45am ..then home and chauffeur the other one to Bray for a job interview, then empty every machine, ie dish washer, washing machine, then go replace i phone battery/ fast charger/power bank for the girl who is off travelling - because of medical data....soo important - time consuming and costly!

Point is - how do you get anything done, our Missy Canthus - when I am literally destroyed by the basics - when you are dealing with actual cancer?? How? I can barely deal with life as is? Total admiration. ❤

• Heart
Sounds utterly manic dear Havisham! Your girls are so lucky to have you. Truly.

Stayed an extra day after all and returned home Tuesday. Emily had by then restored everything back to pre-family visit and all the beds are clean, starched and fresh again. It’s a lot of work. I cant believe it’s Thursday already. Time has flown by lately.

Will be thinking of you today dear Captain.

IMG_0447.jpeg

Teddy still asleep as I write…💕

• Heart
Sounds utterly manic dear Havisham! Your girls are so lucky to have you. Truly.

Stayed an extra day after all and returned home Tuesday. Emily had by then restored everything back to pre-family visit and all the beds are clean, starched and fresh again. It’s a lot of work. I cant believe it’s Thursday already. Time has flown by lately.

Will be thinking of you today dear Captain.

View attachment 2924114
Teddy still asleep as I write…💕
Yes, best of luck, @Miscanthus ❤💐☘

Great to have you back @Oops - you were sorely missed. I’m so happy you had such a wonderful time. Teddy looks delighted to have order restored and enjoy his nap. Your house looks immaculate. Mine needs painting, badly.

Gosh, but Emily is a goddess, isn’t she?

I had to bail water out of my dishwasher twice. Floor of the thing full of water. I thought I’d have to call out the Appliance Repairman but I bailed the water, took out the parts, cleaned them, could find no blockage, put drain unblocker in for an hour, turned on the machine by itself for a cycle, then vinegar and baking soda clean, cycle by itself again.... and.....drum roll .... success!! All good. Horrible job though.

I live in dread of appliance breakdown. It’s a hangover from my last house - everything was integrated so nobody wanted to repair it as it had to be taken down off a plinth each time and it took two men so nightmare each time - plus integrated washing machines just don’t last. I think I went through three or four washing machines.

Anyway, on to more interesting subjects - your Aunt sounds wonderful. I have a 90 yo aunt - my father’s sister - who is also a gem. I must ring her tomorrow, you’ve reminded me!

Are you exhausted after your houseguests and travels? Are you glad to recharge and reboot?! I’m going to Volpe Nera tomorrow night. It’s my favourite restaurant and I’m looking forward to seeing my pal and her lovely hubby. I think I’ll collect them first and bring the car to the restaurant and leave it there. It is packed solid with architectural drawing boards and wood pieces so the challenge today will be getting herself to clear it out.

• Heart
Yes, best of luck, @Miscanthus ❤💐☘

Great to have you back @Oops - you were sorely missed. I’m so happy you had such a wonderful time. Teddy looks delighted to have order restored and enjoy his nap. Your house looks immaculate. Mine needs painting, badly.

Gosh, but Emily is a goddess, isn’t she?

I had to bail water out of my dishwasher twice. Floor of the thing full of water. I thought I’d have to call out the Appliance Repairman but I bailed the water, took out the parts, cleaned them, could find no blockage, put drain unblocker in for an hour, turned on the machine by itself for a cycle, then vinegar and baking soda clean, cycle by itself again.... and.....drum roll .... success!! All good. Horrible job though.

I live in dread of appliance breakdown. It’s a hangover from my last house - everything was integrated so nobody wanted to repair it as it had to be taken down off a plinth each time and it took two men so nightmare each time - plus integrated washing machines just don’t last. I think I went through three or four washing machines.

Anyway, on to more interesting subjects - your Aunt sounds wonderful. I have a 90 yo aunt - my father’s sister - who is also a gem. I must ring her tomorrow, you’ve reminded me!

Are you exhausted after your houseguests and travels? Are you glad to recharge and reboot?! I’m going to Volpe Nera tomorrow night. It’s my favourite restaurant and I’m looking forward to seeing my pal and her lovely hubby. I think I’ll collect them first and bring the car to the restaurant and leave it there. It is packed solid with architectural drawing boards and wood pieces so the challenge today will be getting herself to clear it out.
Oh I too detest it when machines break down Dearest. It’s one of the few things guaranteed to turn me into a fire-breathing, uber-cranky person!

What a pain your dishwasher was but look - you are a woman of great ingenious thought and processes and you flopping fixed it!I would still be standing there kicking the wretched thing and yelling at it!

Yes do get in touch with your wonderful Aunt. We are soooo blessed to have amazing women like them in our lives.

You’ve mentioned Volpe Nera before. It sounds lovely. When I come to Dublin we must go together.

Emily is most certainly a life-saver! I could not be without her. She’s utterly amazing and very popular within my family that’s for sure.

Today I am having a duvet day on the sofa in my sitting room. I am just relaxing and writing and chilling out, eating delicious left-overs from the fridge like quiche and potato salad and apple pie…then there’s all the cheese we didn’t eat…I am making a mental list of all the things here that need redecorating. I was thinking of moving (forever the gypsy) but upon reflection I dont think the packing and unpacking will do me much good. Theres just sooooo much of it. The problem is finding decorators who dont break your heart and your bank! One bloke asked for the best part of £6k to repaint my hall stairs and landings. I mean what happened to £120 per week? Tell me that! 😜

• Heart
Blimey, that’s pricey! Good grief - I would need a dropcloth after that!

I’m glad you and Teddy are relaxing after the festivities. I, on the other hand, am off to the Physio for more torture on my nerve impingement. If you hear screaming - it is moi...

I’m eating clean atm - salads with fresh mint in everything. Trying to avoid carbs where possible. It’s easier in the good weather and it might help with the waistline.

• Heart