Vignettes and Pets #6 Three Degrees of Separation

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Girls, apologies but I haven't been feeling great. Yes, back for more tomorrow at 12.30.
Will message then ❤

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Girls, apologies but I haven't been feeling great. Yes, back for more tomorrow at 12.30.
Will message then ❤
Oh no! I am so sorry to hear that What a complete flumper for you darling one! Is there anything we can do to help you? Sending huge love 🥰. I am standing in the corner whistling ‘Dixie‘ for you but that’s only because I don’t know what else to do.

• Heart
Will message then ❤
Well, I am so filled with admiration for you - it is so hard to deal with a big reno job but to do so when you are physically at a low ebb.....? You are amazing, absolutely incredible. I went to bed last night thinking of you - in awe and wonder.

Good luck today. Fingers, arms, legs, toes - everything crossed for you. I really, really hope you don’t feel wiped after your treatment. Sending love as always. Xxxx

• Heart
Well, I am so filled with admiration for you - it is so hard to deal with a big reno job but to do so when you are physically at a low ebb.....? You are amazing, absolutely incredible. I went to bed last night thinking of you - in awe and wonder.

Good luck today. Fingers, arms, legs, toes - everything crossed for you. I really, really hope you don’t feel wiped after your treatment. Sending love as always. Xxxx
Same here exactly…💕

• Heart
…still here darling - in case you just came for a little peep…🫶

• Heart
Well, girls, I finished the last page of the book I recommended to you. I had a huge lump in my throat. I read a lot but seldom am as effected as with this one. It took her six years to write and I thank her for every one... a beautiful book.

I would say - as I said to Mr MK - is it almost as bad to be suffocated as it is to be neglected - this is the theme of the book. Highly recommend.

• Heart
Well, girls, I finished the last page of the book I recommended to you. I had a huge lump in my throat. I read a lot but seldom am as effected as with this one. It took her six years to write and I thank her for every one... a beautiful book.

I would say - as I said to Mr MK - is it almost as bad to be suffocated as it is to be neglected - this is the theme of the book. Highly recommend.
Thanks so much will watch out for it. Haven’t got time to read ( how awful does that sound) until two weeks time. I think neglect is worse than suffocation however, I may have changed my mind when I’ve read the book. It’s always sad when you get to the end of a book you really love isn’t it? I guess this is how we develop a love for a certain writer because if you like the style you hope it will be repeated. I know your girl has only written one so far. Fingers crossed she’s in the late stages of her next one…

• Heart
Thanks so much will watch out for it. Haven’t got time to read ( how awful does that sound) until two weeks time. I think neglect is worse than suffocation however, I may have changed my mind when I’ve read the book. It’s always sad when you get to the end of a book you really love isn’t it? I guess this is how we develop a love for a certain writer because if you like the style you hope it will be repeated. I know your girl has only written one so far. Fingers crossed she’s in the late stages of her next one…
I agree @Oops but this book really makes you think about escape, perspective, resolution and forgiveness. It’s hard - by the end of it - to take any sides at all. You just absorb all the emotions without judgement.

I totally agree with you - we love certain writers. Love them and it’s so hard to ‘invest’ in new ones especially. Now and again, though, you are blindsided by their talent. This is one of those moments. In the acknowledgements, she says ‘thank you dad for listening to me shout over the phone about this book for six years - Thank you for allowing me all that space to get lost ..’

I remember me and my mum being a bit at loggerheads over the years - reading this, I feel there are always going to be misunderstandings and miscommunications. I wish we could have communicated better because, God knows, the love was always there.
---
Anyway, guys, just blathering ... lots love to you xxx and can I say, thank you for listening! You always do and you are the best! ❤❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
I agree @Oops but this book really makes you think about escape, perspective, resolution and forgiveness. It’s hard - by the end of it - to take any sides at all. You just absorb all the emotions without judgement.

I totally agree with you - we love certain writers. Love them and it’s so hard to ‘invest’ in new ones especially. Now and again, though, you are blindsided by their talent. This is one of those moments. In the acknowledgements, she says ‘thank you dad for listening to me shout over the phone about this book for six years - Thank you for allowing me all that space to get lost ..’

I remember me and my mum being a bit at loggerheads over the years - reading this, I feel there are always going to be misunderstandings and miscommunications. I wish we could have communicated better because, God knows, the love was always there.
---
Anyway, guys, just blathering ... lots love to you xxx and can I say, thank you for listening! You always do and you are the best! ❤❤
Not having judgement is very Buddhist! As is not having any attachment to the outcome of anything because everything passes. I like the idea of it as a concept and can see how helpful it is if it can be used on all the things that upset us. The hard part is to consciously adopt that attitude in every-day life. I think this must be why they spend a good deal of time meditating. 🧘‍♂️In some of the temples they seem to spend sooooooo much time meditating that a large part of their day is gone. I’ve always been fascinated by serenity. Mind you I am equally fascinated by someone who can put eye make-up on and it looks fabulous and lasts all day…Not sure if I will ever be able to achieve either and am attached to the outcome of trying to do both…🧘‍♂️🫣
---

• Haha
  • Heart
Not having judgement is very Buddhist! As is not having any attachment to the outcome of anything because everything passes. I like the idea of it as a concept and can see how helpful it is if it can be used on all the things that upset us. The hard part is to consciously adopt that attitude in every-day life. I think this must be why they spend a good deal of time meditating. 🧘‍♂️In some of the temples they seem to spend sooooooo much time meditating that a large part of their day is gone. I’ve always been fascinated by serenity. Mind you I am equally fascinated by someone who can put eye make-up on and it looks fabulous and lasts all day…Not sure if I will ever be able to achieve either and am attached to the outcome of trying to do both…🧘‍♂️🫣
---
It’s a very wise concept and one we could all learn from. I cannot meditate but my daughters can and it seems to be a wonderful strategy for alleviating stress and anxiety. I wish I could but, then again, I don’t really get stressed. My challenge is to pick my battles and I’m getting better at it through dogged effort.

Eye makeup - so much easier and highly therapeutic too!

• Haha

I have book club on Tuesday night and still hoping to go even if I have to wear a bag over my head.
I haven't been able to concentrate enough to read a book but will get your suggested book for my kindle and give it a go. I do love beautiful writing where you savour every sentence.
It's strange but the time goes by at the hospital and I don't get to read or draw. There is a lot of faffing around setting up the drips and hat thing and then pills and drinks and biscuits and more drips etc etc. Then removing everything at the end.
I took two magazines entitled Kitchens and Bathrooms but hardly glanced at them. I managed not to nod off yesterday. I usually do as they give you anti histamine....oh and the first time I was given the steroid I has a very unfortunate tingling in a certain part of my body. I was too embarrassed 😳 to mention it that first time but have discussed it since and it seems it's common and if they do the injections into the drip more slowly it is lessened! Depends what you want I guess 🤪

I meant to say about TV...
Ripley
Baby Reindeer
The Dropout
Red Eye

I'm wawatching the last two but have read or seen trailers for the first two.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I have book club on Tuesday night and still hoping to go even if I have to wear a bag over my head.
I haven't been able to concentrate enough to read a book but will get your suggested book for my kindle and give it a go. I do love beautiful writing where you savour every sentence.
It's strange but the time goes by at the hospital and I don't get to read or draw. There is a lot of faffing around setting up the drips and hat thing and then pills and drinks and biscuits and more drips etc etc. Then removing everything at the end.
I took two magazines entitled Kitchens and Bathrooms but hardly glanced at them. I managed not to nod off yesterday. I usually do as they give you anti histamine....oh and the first time I was given the steroid I has a very unfortunate tingling in a certain part of my body. I was too embarrassed 😳 to mention it that first time but have discussed it since and it seems it's common and if they do the injections into the drip more slowly it is lessened! Depends what you want I guess 🤪

I meant to say about TV...
Ripley
Baby Reindeer
The Dropout
Red Eye

I'm wawatching the last two but have read or seen trailers for the first two.
Blimey - it’s been a while since I’ve had the tingling! A pal of mine had a smear recently and she said ‘that’s the most action I’ve had down there in a while’ 😂😂

There is no doubt in my mind why you are nodding off, Missy C... you have full reno as well as treatment - I would be comatose.

I started watching Ripley - because, well documented, my adoration of Andrew Scott - but, it’s a little dark for me - I loved Jude and Gwyneth! Honestly, I’ve seen nothing else.... I’m one of these people - if I’m immersed in a great book, I don’t watch anything and if I’m immersed in a good series, ie The Affair, Mad Men (faves of ALL time) ...I won’t read anything!

• Heart
Blimey - it’s been a while since I’ve had the tingling! A pal of mine had a smear recently and she said ‘that’s the most action I’ve had down there in a while’ 😂😂

There is no doubt in my mind why you are nodding off, Missy C... you have full reno as well as treatment - I would be comatose.

I started watching Ripley - because, well documented, my adoration of Andrew Scott - but, it’s a little dark for me - I loved Jude and Gwyneth! Honestly, I’ve seen nothing else.... I’m one of these people - if I’m
immersed in a great book, I don’t
watch anything and if I’m immersed in a good series, ie The Affair, Mad Men (faves of ALL time) ...I won’t read anything!
Difficulty beat The Talented Mr Ripley...
I saw Andrew Scott at the theatre and the cinema and he's going to be a national treasure. To do TV (Fleabag), theatre and cinema is amazing.
I loved Mad Men too..and Desperate Housewives, Green Wing, West Wing, The Good Wife.....so many stand out series from America. The writing is so sharp.

• Heart
Difficulty beat The Talented Mr Ripley...
I saw Andrew Scott at the theatre and the cinema and he's going to be a national treasure. To do TV (Fleabag), theatre and cinema is amazing.
I loved Mad Men too..and Desperate Housewives, Green Wing, West Wing, The Good Wife.....so many stand out series from America. The writing is so sharp.
So sharp - I agree.

Andrew - well you all might remember me writing here as how I saw him when he was 21 - Abbey Theatre, Dublin - his very first outing.... he was Lord Bosie... mesmeric... I wrote my one and only fan letter - it is hard to put to paper the incredible presence.. I knew, it was so obvious - that he would be a giant in the acting world.

A young man, starting out, took the time and trouble to write back, thanking me, I honestly bet it was his first fan letter.. I really do.

My God, though, Vanya, Ripley.. no end to the talent. Incredible. In interviews, he is always inspiring:

‘Yes, my mother died and I adored her beyond all but, while we are grieving - we need to laugh, we need to eat, all of these things we need to do because it’s just life...’

Adore him.

The Good Wife... Yes! A brilliant one...xxxx

• Heart
So sharp - I agree.

Andrew - well you all might remember me writing here as how I saw him when he was 21 - Abbey Theatre, Dublin - his very first outing.... he was Lord Bosie... mesmeric... I wrote my one and only fan letter - it is hard to put to paper the incredible presence.. I knew, it was so obvious - that he would be a giant in the acting world.

A young man, starting out, took the time and trouble to write back, thanking me, I honestly bet it was his first fan letter.. I really do.

My God, though, Vanya, Ripley.. no end to the talent. Incredible. In interviews, he is always inspiring:

‘Yes, my mother died and I adored her beyond all but, while we are grieving - we need to laugh, we need to eat, all of these things we need to do because it’s just life...’

Adore him.

The Good Wife... Yes! A brilliant one...xxxx
I wasn't sure about the plot of All of Us Strangers but no denying the acting.
You have a great story there....I'm sure it was his first fan mail!
I was the same about Rufus Sewell. I saw him at Hampstead Theatre in the 90s and thought he would be a star.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I wish I could join in more about telly but I hardly ever watch it so I can’t. I did like ‘Call The Midwife’ and that series where that brilliant actress played a lawyer married to a lawyer and how their relationship panned out. Can‘t remember what that was called though. I think that actress played the lead in Unforgotten too.
---
Teddy stopped eating sausages yesterday!

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I wasn't sure about the plot of All of Us Strangers but no denying the acting.
You have a great story there....I'm sure it was his first fan mail!
I was the same about Rufus Sewell. I saw him at Hampstead Theatre in the 90s and thought he would be a star.
I have always adored Rufus Sewell. Was delighted to see his triumphant return as Prince Andrew in Scoop - he was wonderful as always. Funnily enough, it wasn’t the first time he acted with Gillian Anderson - I saw a movie they starred in yonks ago - a sort of time travel, quantum physics storyline... on You Tube recently.

I wish I could join in more about telly but I hardly ever watch it so I can’t. I did like ‘Call The Midwife’ and that series where that brilliant actress played a lawyer married to a lawyer and how their relationship panned out. Can‘t remember what that was called though. I think that actress played the lead in Unforgotten too.
---
Teddy stopped eating sausages yesterday!
Do you mean Nicola Walker - another brilliant actor - I could watch her forever. I’d actually love to see that legal drama you are referring to - I’ll check it out.

Teddy Bear - what are you doing to your poor mother? What can we get you that you might like?

• Heart
I have almost watched all of Ripley! Thanks for the recommendations! Your man is a wonderful actor Havisham…🙏

Yes of course - Nicola Walker! I love her she’s never done a bad series. I wish I could remember the name of her series - I keep wanting to say The Firm or something like that. She’s in a solicitors firm with her mother and sister and her husband…I absolutely loved her in it. It’s beautifully written.

We have now moved on to pork steaks and I’m thawing some cod out at the moment to poach for tomorrow in case he’s had a return of his love of fish. I have a freezer full of mackerel if anyone’s interested…
IMG_0422.png

• Heart